Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old Grineer Quotes

Amistyrja

When you've heard this brilliant plan used against you for months on end, you can't help but smile every time a little grineer posits this as a grand strategy against the fact they've gone from 30 guys guarding a room down to 2.

Plus, I'd like to point out, it adds a lot of character to the game. Currently, the grineer are aliens shouting incoherent alien at you. I suppose some die-hards may have translated it all to know when what is said, but even then, it's odd.

It gave the grineer a sense of humanity. You could see how they were addled, and how they were confused or angry.

Now, for all it matters, there could be a single sound they make and you'd be pressed to know the difference. It's equally incoherent either way,

It robs the player experience of a lot of the grineer's personality.

At the very least, being able to activate a translator of some sort, probably earned through the codex, would both give the codex more meaning(versus just using the wiki) and allow you to have the greater sense of immersion granted by thinking of the grineer as people, rather than just monsters with funny noises.

I don't think Warframe intends you to see much humanity in them at first; they gave them their own language specifically to emphasize who they are: a degenerating race of clones who have made progress in their campaign of conquest through sheer numbers and brute force. They conquered earth ages ago, so they technically aren't human to start with. Their flat unenthusiastic voices from before just didn't fit the description.

Besides, it's not like there's that much of a dent in the grineer's personality; Sargas Ruk calls you a tosser for farming him, Tyl Regor is a fashion victim who puts the "me" in warframe, Lech Kril quotes the bible, and Vay Hek still wants a hug. Sure you have to look a little closer to see it, but it's still there.

This is a deeply personal problem, unrelated to the topic. <.< Has a LOT to do with you being a relative newbie.

You're seriously going to single that out? Do you get a joy out of labeling someone based on opinion?

Joy out of labelling? What?

Let's try this again. Maybe I can make it sound better for you:

You have no experience of what we're talking about. You don't appreciate what you never experienced. Your entire argument stems from your lack of experience.

What exists now may as well be meaningless beeps or people crumbling paper. It adds nothing to the game, nor differentiates it from others in any sense.

Had you experienced what we had experienced, you would understand why we are talking about what we are talking about the way we are talking about it. However, you did not, and there isn't really anything we can say or do to help you out.

To be fair, I have been a part since Warframe by Update 7, way before they had the voices replaced. It's not to say that I haven't experienced what you have, it simply means that I didn't experience it the same way. To simply assume that I don't have any experience with it at all (like you are now) is a little condescending of you.

The only point I tried to make was that there is a reason that DE decided to change the grineer voice, and some of us like the change. If what I said was unacceptable for you, then I'll just leave it at that and walk away.

Edited by DarkSignal

To be fair, I have been a part since Warframe by Update 7, way before they had the voices replaced. It's not to say that I haven't experienced what you have, it simply means that I didn't experience it the same way. To simply assume that I don't have any experience with it at all (like you are now) is a little condescending of you.

The only point I tried to make was that there is a reason that DE decided to change the grineer voice, and some of us like the change. If what I said was unacceptable for you, then I'll just leave it at that and walk away.

Your account's birthdate is mid august of this year. Did you know you can check that?

So, either you had another account, or you're lying. If you had another account, why would I be expected to know that? If you didn't, why are you lying about this?

I miss the old Grineer dialogues, still giggle like a madman when one pops into my head.  Definitely think the Grineer language sounds cooler and more atmospheric/immersive in-game, but I would be ecstatic if there were some way we could download the old voice clips.  Bonus points if the game gets updated to let us use custom sound replacements someday so people who want them back can have it.

Ah... I miss the days of the only Lancer in the room saying "I think we've got him surrounded!"before I mowed him down with the Gorgon... and if you're doubting the truthfulness of my statement, my alt, LS_Epic, which is unused now, can confirm this.

I'm just gonna come out and say that I would pay platinum for an "OG Sounds Pack" like someone mentioned earlier.

All the old Grinner voices, plus the old Lotus VO and the old Weapon Sounds.

Like seriously, 500 plats.  Do this for me DE.