Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spreading The Word... Almost?

Un1337ninj4

Question

A friend of mine saw me playing this game and almost shat a brick, that said when I gave it to her on my Flashdrive (Full Warframe file alone), she handed it back and said something was missing... What file is it?

I have told her to create a profile online.

As a heads-up she cannot download it due to her situation, she has internet however and wants the.....(insert pun here). 

10 answers to this question

just download the install file and throw that on the flashdrive so she can install it onto her pc from that.

edit: ofc after that's done, she'll have to download the updates..

however, if she has a network to play the game (which is online) why can't she download the installer?

Edited by .Black.Lotus.

There is a way, though it's an annoying and complicated one.

Step 1: Move the Warframe Installation folder to a "Warframe" folder on a Flash Drive

lGWrDEc.pngUq2Jzgn.png

The first image is what your Warframe folder directory should look like, the second is what the "public" folder should look like/have.

gH9OrDZ.png

This is the properties window, make sure the Warframe folder you copied to the flash drive is roughly the same size

Step 2: Take the Warframe.msi file from here and move it to the flash drive. This will be necessary to set up the launcher on the new computer.

Step 3: Eject the flash drive and put it into the other computer. Copy the 'Warframe' folder to the new computer... anywhere will do... but make sure you know where it is! Put it in C:\Program Files\ or C:\Users\<windows account name>\Desktop\ or somewhere that's easy to find.

Step 4: Run the Warframe.msi file, it will give you the install prompt (it asks where you want to install the game). Point it to the 'Warframe' folder you just moved (you should be pointing it to "C:\Program Files\Warframe\" or "C:\Users\<windows account name>\Desktop\Warframe\" or wherever you moved the 'Warframe' folder from the flash drive). If it works, skip to step 6. If it doesn't work and you get a 'Cannot install to this folder' or 'Access Denied' error, perform step 5.

Step 5: Sometimes the launcher/installer runs without proper privleges to make/modify files and folders. To remedy this you need to go to "C:\Users\<windows account name>\AppData\Local\Warframe\Downloaded\Public\Tools\" and right click the "Launcher.exe" in that folder and hit "Properties" in the right click menu. In the properties window, hit the "Unblock" button if it's present near the bottom. Don't worry if it isn't there. Next, switch to the "Compatibility" tab and tick "Run this program as an administrator" near the bottom. Once done, hit "Ok" to close the window. Next, right click "Launcher.exe" and select "Run as administrator". Go back to Step 4 and it should allow you to install to the Warframe folder (if it didn't before).

Step 6: Let the launcher validate the files and download any extra patches or files that may not have made it over.

Step 7: Play!

I just finished copying Warframe over to my new computer, so I'll try to help you out.

First, find the 'Downloaded' folder. It should contain a sub-folder called 'Public' (which contains all of the major Warframe files like Cache.Windows, Drivers, etc...).

Then, find the Warframe launcher file (about 400kB). This is the one you click to start Warframe (if you use a shortcut to launch the game, then find the target of the shortcut).

Then copy both files onto your friend's computer and run the launcher.

There should be a popup asking you to choose the install directory. Choose the folder that contains the 'Downloaded' folder.

Since all of the files are already there, it shouldn't need to download anything.

If you do this, you should be able to run Warframe without needing to re-download it.

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by MuyX

Im still confused with what she can and cant download herself...i have very limited net capacity so I cant afford to patch each pc seperately (3gb each)..

The easiest for me is to give her the installer on usb, and have it run to install all the base files. Once installed, exit the launcher before it patches/dl the updates.

Then Navigate to C:/Users/Name/Appdata/Local/

Copy the Warframe folder ontp the usb and into the same location on her pc (providing u both chose the default install location).

Then Navigate to C:/Users/Name/Appdata/Local/

Copy the Warframe folder ontp the usb and into the same location on her pc (providing u both chose the default install location).

Nooooooooooooo Do not do this!

If your Warframe files are installing to Appdata\Local\ then your installer isn't running with admin privleges! This can cause serious problems like having the game's files wiped by the operating system.

Just follow my guide above.