Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Player Per Room

kiwicanfly

right now its 4 players per game/ room, would be better if it is like 16+ players so that there is more team work.

where 4 tennos form a unit, and different units break in at different part of the map, then they meet together at the center to take down the objectives.

though the down side is that it might get very laggy.

16 is a bit too crowded I think, but I've suggested something similar in another thread {can't seem to find where}. New game mode, sort of a massive open area-ish battlefield with lots of covers and multiple tasks at once with lots of constant waves of enemies keeping the 2 group of tenno {8 players max} busy.

Sounded cool back then but now that I think of it, it could be disasterous for low-ish spec systems, fps-wise.

This reminds me of an idea that got bounced around for Global Agenda (same operating structure - four man teams invading enemy complexes for the uninformed)

Have multiple teams on separate servers co-operate with eachother - one opens a door for the other group, they both fight separate bosses.

That's a good idea, i wouldn't mind a kind of raid for a harder boss. I picture a big room where you have to wallrun to escape a devastating aoe, or giant waves of infested coming at you, something epic for an epic reward ^^

This reminds me of an idea that got bounced around for Global Agenda (same operating structure - four man teams invading enemy complexes for the uninformed)

Have multiple teams on separate servers co-operate with eachother - one opens a door for the other group, they both fight separate bosses.

I've always loved the instanced PVE side of Global Agenda even though I just couldn't get into it as much as Warframe, but never got a chance to play a mission like that, sounds interesting. Haven't played GA in ages though, is that new?

Until DE hosts the games for the players, this would be pretty laggy and chaotic for the host player and the players trying to play. There are a lot of players out there that barely can handle hosting a game for up to 4 players right now. I could see something like this happening in the future, but until the game hosting process is changed, it wouldn't be that productive for players.

Until DE hosts the games for the players, this would be pretty laggy and chaotic for the host player and the players trying to play. There are a lot of players out there that barely can handle hosting a game for up to 4 players right now. I could see something like this happening in the future, but until the game hosting process is changed, it wouldn't be that productive for players.

DE should definetly host the game for the players to cut down on the lag. its really annoying when you're in the middle of a battle and suddenly host transfer pops up :/

That's a good idea, i wouldn't mind a kind of raid for a harder boss. I picture a big room where you have to wallrun to escape a devastating aoe, or giant waves of infested coming at you, something epic for an epic reward ^^

A giant map with a open field at the center with several poles & rails & ropes ( for wall jumping) with the boss in the middle. tenno snipers can run up to the roof/ over hangs and snipe at the boss, then with one unit taking on the regular enemies/ covering the back, while the main team target the boss. The boss would have very high HP and special attacks.

and trinity can really be really useful, healing 10+ people at once ^^

One option that would split the difference is how HighRez handles custom servers for Tribes. Clans can play "money" to rent server space on official servers. Massive Tenno action could be an expansion direction two or three main updates along using that method. If no one really bites DE scales back their pipeline and server maintenance overhead, if it's wildly successful....

I'd also throw out non-reward/xp/credit/etc custom player run servers for the player base to experiment with variant and unbalanced game play. Off the top of my head free-funning forused maps.

I've always loved the instanced PVE side of Global Agenda even though I just couldn't get into it as much as Warframe, but never got a chance to play a mission like that, sounds interesting. Haven't played GA in ages though, is that new?

Nonono, it was never implemented. An idea I remember from the forums.

If it was some sort of a raid type of mission, where you'd have to fight something big or powerful, then yes.

But they would have to change the way we host servers and make it more capable of handling 16 players at once.

16 players?! I can foresee following;

Host Migration In Progress...

Are you sure we are ready for that stage? lol jk

Nonono, it was never implemented. An idea I remember from the forums.

Ohhh. Such a shame about that game though, it had so much potential just like Warframe. Suddenly devs stopped adding new things to the game and focused on PVP, then the game died. I hope Warframe will steer clear of that route :/

The stages as they are now are too small and everyone would be just standing in front of each other.

But i always like the idea of the team breaking up into two groups going into different directions to do perform a certain job that helps the others move forward and this can be used with these smaller rooms. Sort of like the mobile defense missions, you can have some Tenno guarding something that they are taking off ship, a cryopod, but all the doors are locked so the other Tenno run to the main computer room to unlock the whole ship. That would leave enough space for everyone to maneuver.

16 players?! I can foresee following;

Are you sure we are ready for that stage? lol jk

We need different hosting capabilities, when it comes to that.

Edited by JRMC

The Tenno are swift ninjas, do you realize how ridiculous it would be to see 16 ninjas running around shooting a giant Jackal?

Sure it would look awesome, but also incredibly out of place.

The game just isn't massive or colorful enough to do such a thing.