Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destroying Cambion Drift destroyable resources with a spear soft locks your game, requiring an abort to leave the mission.

SteveBobSamuel

I was just fishing in Cambion Drift and used my spear to destroy one of the hanging destroyable map objects that contain basic resources.  This soft locked my game, I couldn't move, use abilities, gear, etc.  The only thing I could do was move my screen and aim with my spear.  I assume this means that the game thought I was catching a fish when I hit the destroyable object, and was waiting for the reel in animation/catch popup screen.  I had to abort the mission and lost a literal hours worth of resources.  It should probably be considered whether or not aborting missions in open world should just give you everything you had in your inventory/current match, considering the ton of bugs in them that sometimes result in people being unable to extract.  I'm sending in a support ticket now to get my items back, but it would save a bunch of time for support employees if I didn't just lose everything.

• 2 weeks later...

+1, same problem. 
But i think it's a problem with the spear. I didnt broke anything with the spear. 

Right before the stuck it bounced from water and maybe flew further and so on ad infinitum.

Used ubicu spear and was on Rhino with armor active. 

• 3 months later...

If by "softlock" you mean you can move, use abilities, us gear wheel or pop your operator out of the frame, I've had the same issue. And not just the spear. If you dont want to abort and lose what you have collected, wait for an NPC to kill you and it resets without losing your cargo. Sux to have to die and is not a preferred solution but it works. If there arent NPCs around, you can have a friend join your instance and drag them to you. Again, would be preferable for DE to fix the bug but it works til they do.

17 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

If by "softlock" you mean you can move, use abilities, us gear wheel or pop your operator out of the frame, I've had the same issue. And not just the spear. If you dont want to abort and lose what you have collected, wait for an NPC to kill you and it resets without losing your cargo. Sux to have to die and is not a preferred solution but it works. If there arent NPCs around, you can have a friend join your instance and drag them to you. Again, would be preferable for DE to fix the bug but it works til they do.

Tried that, unfortunately I was on Khora, and my cats were more than a match for the NPCs... :(

Archived