Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slow mission loading times (3 to 5 minutes) and low frame rates (10 to 30 frames per second) whenever "Items Ready to Claim" status icon is considered

(XBOX)cubeof11

Whenever the "X Items Ready to Claim" icon is considered to be shown (Orbiter and Relays) at the top-right of the screen for accounts with large Foundry contents, the frame rate degrades to 10 to 30 frames per second depending on console (original Xbox One to Xbox One X), and maps and missions that are loaded in this state (opening Relic inventory, boarding Railjack, moving from Relay to corresponding Free Roam map using the doors / elevator or as part of quests like the vehicle piloting part of the Heart of Deimos quest) take up to 4 minutes longer to load.  This has a negative impact on public matchmaking in the Isolation Vault bounties in the Cambion Drift because I typically finish loading during the Toxin Level phase, and therefore the penalty for being outside the objective area applies.  I suspect it is reviewing the contents of the Foundry on every frame in order to get an accurate number of recipes that are completed to display in the label.

I am certain the performance degradation is tied to this status icon and not the Orbiter / Relay map because if I enter the Orbiter Scene in Captura, I experience standard frame rates comparable to in-mission performance, and the "Items Ready to Claim" status icon is absent in Captura.

Some proposed mitigations:

• Calculate and cache the number of completed recipes for a minute or until the Foundry is opened / modified.  Most of the recurring shortest recipes have a crafting time of 1 minute.
  • Place a limit on the number of recipes that are counted and stop checking subsequent recipes, so the label would show something like "99+ Items Ready to Claim".
  • Eliminate that status icon from being considered while a mission is starting.  Railjack missions do this and it's glorious.

For testing purposes, you can clone my account which has 544 completed recipes.

This is a follow-up to "Slow mission loading times (about 5 minutes) when moving from Cetus / Fortuna Relay to associated Free Roam mission (Scarlet Spear event concern)".

This behavior was observed in the Xbox One edition of Warframe, title screen version 2020.09.01.19.10.

• 1 month later...

Archived