Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Objective Healing or #HealSense

Opyt

Currently, we're coming up on 5 months of the current state of Objective Healing.

The stated goal of the changes was:

"Now that that we have reviewed it, we feel like healing these objectives can serve well as an alternative or a complement to the commonly used defensive abilities, such as Frost's Snow Globe, Gara's Mass Vitrify, Limbo's Cataclysm. 100% heals is not what we want to do, so we are instead trying to allow the effects but adjusted as to not trivialize the game modes."
(emphasis mine)

per

What we got instead was:

Flat healing amounts and reduced damage reduction for objectives.

The "balance approach" was at odds with the stated goal

Alternative (adj) - (of one or more things) available as another possibility

Complementary (adj) - combining in such a way as to enhance or emphasize the qualities of each other or another.

The flat healing amounts are, in my openly held opinion, pitiful.  Warframe is a game where both enemy damage scales upwards with level and objective health scales with initial enemy level.  For whatever reason, this healing does not scale, which leads to a situation where it is less viable than just slapping down more DPS.  Protective Dash, which is by and large the biggest issue I've had with these changes, was considered "overpowered", at 60% maxhp over 5 seconds with 5 seconds of invulnerability, but it was not as "overpowered" in longer term situations where enemy damage scaling upwards inevitably gets to a point where even those 5 seconds of invunerability and 60% maxhp over 5 seconds could be overwhelmed by the (relative to enemy level) "low" maxhp objectives have if no one else is actively killing the enemies.  At best, this is a delay tactic, a strong delay tactic but still a delay tactic.  It was hyped as "overpowered", but it still requires that people be able to kill the enemies and if you're spending all your operator energy on dashing through the objective, you will eventually run out.  So in the name of "balance" my particular brand of power fantasy was stripped from the game, and now we're leaning even more heavily on DPS.

I know my money doesn't mean anything to you, and I've openly stated it repeatedly, but I'm not spending a dime on this game until the state of objective healing is better than it currently is.  The radio silence alone has been enough to discourage me from playing Warframe like I have in the past.  It has become progressively less fun knowing that I can't play the way I want and must, instead, follow the usual meta of DPS go brrrr if I want to do anything beyond Wave 20 in any defense mission.

Protective dash was not overpowered?

The Office Reaction GIF

Don't get me wrong, I loved the thing, but there was an endless excavation arbitration tactic revolving around one person dashing through the excavators... endlessly.

Sure, heals should scale, but at least objectives scale better now. If you can't maintain a 35k hp/shield excavator, you either spent enough time in the mission to be on the edge of sanity, or the good ol' you need to git gud.

Archived