Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx - Chaos Ability, No Longer Haves Love

7grims

From what I've seen on the net, Nyx used to be a very good frame, and then she was nerfed cause she had to much power, but nowadays there are frames that have that much power or higher.

Nova, molecular prime, is a good crowd control ability, powerful and collect affinity.

Nekros, also good crowd control, and also collects affinity with his shadow of dead.

Seems odd that Nyx chaos ability, doesn't get any affinity, nowadays your team mates will hate you every-time you use it.

So if we don't get affinity, the ability should be permanent, until all controlled enemies are dead.

Or, the ability stays with its time limit, but actually gives affinity.

Balance needs to be restored.

From what I've seen on the net, Nyx used to be a very good frame, and then she was nerfed cause she had to much power, but nowadays there are frames that have that much power or higher.

Nova, molecular prime, is a good crowd control ability, powerful and collect affinity.

Nekros, also good crowd control, and also collects affinity with his shadow of dead.

Seems odd that Nyx chaos ability, doesn't get any affinity, nowadays your team mates will hate you every-time you use it.

So if we don't get affinity, the ability should be permanent, until all controlled enemies are dead.

Or, the ability stays with its time limit, but actually gives affinity.

Balance needs to be restored.

Its a crowd control skill. Of course you wouldnt get affinity if the enemy kills each other. I havent met any1 that hated my chaos and if I do they better leave squad cause i will spam it just because they hate it. If it were permanent it would suck because when new enemies come in you couldnt cast it until the previous group is dead.

No, it was a broken ability with unlimited chaos and recastable everytime. Making it so all enemies on the whole map could be chaos'd. It was really broken. Chaos was nerfed against bosses since it makes sense. Bosses aren't meant to be a cakewalk. Many CCs have been disabled or made significantly weaker against bosses and slowly more and more of them are being looked at and changed when it's used against bosses.

She was not used to be a very good frame. She still IS an incredible frame. Her utility capabilities are extremely useful. She is currently my favourite frame.

Edited by R3leaZ

A few livestreams back, the devs mentioned that the reason mind controlling a corpus shield drone wouldn't give you or your team mates extra shields was that it was technically impractical. I would like for them to reaffirm this now after abilities like Shadows of the Dead exist. Chaos is super powerful as utility, and with overextend, you can pretty much cover most tiles in one cast. I wouldn't mind(no pun intended) if mind controlled enemies would give you affinity for things they killed, though.

No, it was a broken ability with unlimited chaos and recastable everytime. Making it so all enemies on the whole map could be chaos'd. It was really broken. Chaos was nerfed against bosses since it makes sense. Bosses aren't meant to be a cakewalk. Many CCs have been disabled or made significantly weaker against bosses and slowly more and more of them are being looked at and changed when it's used against bosses.

She was not used to be a very good frame. She still IS an incredible frame. Her utility capabilities are extremely useful. She is currently my favourite frame.

chaos and MC needs to stun bosses, much like mprime slows them

chaos and MC needs to stun bosses, much like mprime slows them

Yes, they do stun them but they don't perform their full potential. They used to do that though even to bosses. That has been changed to a stun instead. That's what I mean with "many CCs have been disabled or significantly weaker against bosses".

Edited by R3leaZ

Yes, they do stun them but they don't perform their full potential. They used to do that though even to bosses. That has been changed to a stun instead. That's what I mean with "many CCs have been disabled or significantly weaker against bosses".

They don't stun lephantis, krill or vor. I haven't checked other bosses recently but i know they have absolutely zero effect on those. I've killed them all very recently with Nyx.

They don't stun lephantis, krill or vor. I haven't checked other bosses recently but i know they have absolutely zero effect on those. I've killed them all very recently with Nyx.

Imo just the same should happen with what happens when you try to use abilities on Stalker. "Your Tenno powers are useless!" Especially for Lephantis, but also for Krill imo when he's in his immune phase, he should be able to be stunned outside of being immune but no stunlock. Stunlock against bosses needs to go since it's really unfair and should not be possible at all against bosses. It would be a stun with a cooldown timer of a few seconds so that they can't be stunlocked. (Same for us btw... We shouldn't be able to be continuously stunlocked)

Imo just the same should happen with what happens when you try to use abilities on Stalker. "Your Tenno powers are useless!" Especially for Lephantis, but also for Krill imo when he's in his immune phase, he should be able to be stunned outside of being immune but no stunlock. Stunlock against bosses needs to go since it's really unfair and should not be possible at all against bosses. It would be a stun with a cooldown timer of a few seconds so that they can't be stunlocked. (Same for us btw... We shouldn't be able to be continuously stunlocked)

the bosses dont even flinch when nyx casts them. I'm not talking about an actual stun....nothing happens at all.

IMO i don't think they should be immune to nyx or nova/rhino etc. All powers should do 'something' even if it just staggers them for 1 second.

Edited by notionphil

Its a crowd control skill. Of course you wouldnt get affinity if the enemy kills each other. I havent met any1 that hated my chaos and if I do they better leave squad cause i will spam it just because they hate it. If it were permanent it would suck because when new enemies come in you couldnt cast it until the previous group is dead.

+1

shadows of the dead? that thing is broken right now. please, don´t speak about abilities of warframes you don´t own

I dont own? how da hell would u know that?

Also, shadow of the dead was an example, cause im pretty sure I hate nekros and that ability, it kills me and the rest of the team more times then it helps. When I used to play with nekros I would soul punch all the way, much better.

But what did u mean anyway? that ability isn't giving xp, is that it?

I dont own? how da hell would u know that?

Because a nyx player knows her C.C. is fine, as long as they are not dumb. Mind control, Chaos, are perfectly well where they are at, IMO. Her blasty psychik bolty attack I don't like and don't use, and don't see any nyx ever use.

Her absorb I see rarley. And myself rarley use because its much more effective to chaos a wave, cut it down, than chaos the next wave, that and her Absorb skill keeps bugging on me. Survivle vs grineer i used a revive because I got napalmed, and instantly casted absorb, and my shields regenerated above 2k, and kept building with each hit taken while casting absorb. (How IDK I'm just recalling the bug from memmory.)

Her absorb invulnerability also lasts a flat amount of time, while the amount of time she sits criss cross in the air doing nothing exstends with duration mods.

This has led me in my earlyer play time with Nyx to eat a bullet sandwich and die many times.

When the durration of her deciding to do nothing finaly ends, she will stand back up (after falling down dead) cast her aoe, clearing the room of any threats most of the time, before falling back down dead...

Wether it is intentional or broken, I don't know, but I found it as anoying since She is a energy @#&*( and I like duration on my chaos/MC so I don't need to recast on heavyer mobs. This allows me to swap energy siphon for something like enemy raidar or other tactical auras, and not need a maxed flow. Which I can use the extra points for durability and such.

I only agree on no stunt lock on bosses if DPS/damage caps were removed.