Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Reinstate the Back-to-Back Kuva Lich weapon mechanic from 26.0.7

Pizzarugi

I've been grinding Adaro trying to get the Kuva Hind for completion (it's my last Kuva gun to get) for over an hour and I keep winding up with the same weapons I've already obtained and mastered. This experience is starting to become rather grating, getting halfway through a mission to beat down a larvling only to see they don't have what I'm looking for, quitting and restarting repeatedly.

I can't imagine what I'm going to have to go through to get enough Valence Fusions to max out my preferred weapons. I've only ever found one Nukor, 2 Bramma, and 2 Ogris.

It would be nice to reintroduce the back-to-back weapon mechanic you removed in update 27.1.2. Being able to preview weapons and having the ability to quit and restart doesn't seem like enough justification to get rid of this.

INB4 "You could always get it off of someone in a trade":
Nobody should have to shell out 200-500 platinum (there's literally only 2 toxin Kuva Hinds available for trade in Warframe Market) just to circumvent the absurdity that is this system's RNG.

Why Adaro that's extremely slow? Try Cassini on Saturn a Capture - capture the target first, then wait few seconds for the screen flash, then kill as fast as you can.

Any Kuva weapon going for that much probably is very near 60 or has an ephemera or both.

Yeah, Cassini on Saturn man.

This is coming from someone with every Kuva weapon, all ephemeras, and more than half ground out to 60% valence without trading anything. Slap on some music, blast out some Cassini, you can literally get it down to 60 second runs.

Just don't forget to keep killing once the flashes start, if you just zoom on through the Larvling won't spawn. Also, occasionally to ease my frustration I go with a next-best weapon and try again next time (like if I need a Nukor but don't find one after 15 mins, I'll just take whatever else I still need to max). Sidenote, sometimes it's also worth shooting for something JUST to trade, like rolling a Bramma or something popular. Bonus points if it lands with an ephemera, and you might even make enough plat to trade for a Hind if it comes down to that. I find that often when I finally give up and start looking for a next-best-thing scenario, I'll find what I originally wanted anyway XD

I can see four ways to make the kuva lich weapon choice work :
(let's call "P" the weapon from your previous lich, "L" the weapon from the previous larvling, "N" the new one proposed by a larvling)

- as in 26.0.7, N can be any weapon except P. That's annoying for people who want to improve the last weaon they got.
- as in 27.1.2, N can be any weapon. Everyone can have what they want but as a result chances are a tiny bit lower.
- as I and others proposed before 27.1.2 came out, N could be any weapon except L. I don't see a problem with that.
- N could also be chosen in a list, ranging from 2 random weapons to a full list of kuva weapons. That would remove the part of the grind that is the most frustrating and makes the less sense, since people are rushing a mission and even aborting if they didn't get what they want (I never did that, weird principles).

There's a general rule that DE is following, making new content very grindy so that veterans can grind, and then reducing the grind so that new players can rush through the content. I'm fine with that, it makes sense. In the context of liches, the fourth solution mentioned above would totally make sense to reduce the grind.

Archived