Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka Revisit?

Clarencezer

@Ninjaboy00: Same thing, even though they are different, they're basically the same type of thing..

Mostly changes like:

1-New weapon skin so it stands out as a unique corpus weapon other than looking like a snipetron or snipetron vandal,something to justify it's railgun power.

2-Ability to change charge laser color,just like the dera weapon was able to,more customization is always nice~

3-Innate puncture maybe,i have inserted Shred mod into it and i'm loving the the ability to shoot through objects so far,especially those damn shield charging grineer but with innate puncture it would benefit us more to insert other mods in as well as feeling more like a railgun instead of a coilgun.

4-Option like bows to fire uncharged shots,read this one from another lanka post and i think it would benefit alot for Lanka users~

1. The appearance is fine to me. It doesn't look like the Snipetron, it's that the Snipetron shouldn't have existed in the first place.

2. Agree.

3. The first mod I put on my Lanka was Shred, puncture is definitely awesome on the Lanka, so much so that it feels like it should be innate. (It is a railgun after all.)

4. Ehh, not necessary. 

And to the people who want it to auto-charge.... why the hell would it even be a charge weapon if it charged itself?
The reason why it has a charge time is for balance, it makes you have to plan your shots, since you are required to prepare in advance. (Especially so on a weapon like Ogris, but Lanka does some serious damage too.)

Edited by Flackenstien

Is it just me or is the Lanka a little screwed up. It seems like the point of view is somewhere off to the side of the actual gun. So the bolt will parallel your line of aim, but it won't follow it. End result: the bolt can hit stuff that you are clearly missing as you aim off to the side of them.

It's rather annoying because it does this while scoped as well.

warframe-lankaderp.png

Ah,I have noticed this as well during my lanka runs,sometimes the shred mod helps but as always that is a problem lol,i'm still waiting for them to at least change the energy color for this weapon :d

Edited by Clarencezer

Is it just me or is the Lanka a little screwed up. It seems like the point of view is somewhere off to the side of the actual gun. So the bolt will parallel your line of aim, but it won't follow it. End result: the bolt can hit stuff that you are clearly missing as you aim off to the side of them.

It's rather annoying because it does this while scoped as well.

warframe-lankaderp.png

That is quite common on all sniper weapons. I get it all the time with my Paris. It seems to be because the aim reticle isn't taking account of the fact that you're behind a wall for cover. So in reality, while you're aiming at the other door, the one you're taking cover is blocking the way.

At least the Lanka had balance, unlike the Soma and the Vectis.

At least the Lanka had balance, unlike the Soma and the Vectis.

One shot, long reload. Mean while you have 10 charges in a clip.

If you miss you have to wait a long while.

Edited by Anarties

what is so op about the Vectis?

There's only one downside, if that even counts: the fact that you can only fire one bullet per clip. The one second reload beats the 1.5 second charge time of the Lanka, which also circumvents the need for reload or fire rate mods.

He's just upset that the Vectis out classes the Lanka in damage and versatility at the cost of speed and wont acknowledge that drawback.

What speed? There is no speed involved with the Vectis. Refer to the lack of drawbacks above.

There's only one downside, if that even counts: the fact that you can only fire one bullet per clip. The one second reload beats the 1.5 second charge time of the Lanka, which also circumvents the need for reload or fire rate mods.

What speed? There is no speed involved with the Vectis. Refer to the lack of drawbacks above.

The Lanka can be modded to surpass the fire rate of the Vectis with ease when it comes to maxed Speed Trigger and Shred.

Reload mods are still pretty viable for the Vectis to make it fire faster than before.

If you miss with the Vectis you are literally helpless. Whereas if you miss with the Lanka you sitll have 9 other shots raring to go with a fire rate that surpasses the Lanka with ease.

Lanka still has higher multipliers anyway.

The Lanka can be modded to surpass the fire rate of the Vectis with ease when it comes to maxed Speed Trigger and Shred.

Reload mods are still pretty viable for the Vectis to make it fire faster than before.

If you miss with the Vectis you are literally helpless. Whereas if you miss with the Lanka you sitll have 9 other shots raring to go with a fire rate that surpasses the Lanka with ease.

Lanka still has higher multipliers anyway.

1) With both fire rate mods, you drop the charge time to 0.7895-0.9375 seconds and add 1.2 meters of puncture. With one Fast Hands mod, you can drop the reload speed of the Vectis to 0.7 seconds and then add a Charged Chamber for even more damage. I fail to see how the Vectis cannot fire faster and deal more damage per shot than the Lanka unless you can utilize the puncture.

2) Incorrect; refer to the charge time versus reload speed calculations. While the Lanka has the higher multipliers, you need to also factor in the faction-specific damage multipliers as well as the charge time versus reload speed scenarios.

No matter what happens, the Vectis wins.

1) With both fire rate mods, you drop the charge time to 0.7895-0.9375 seconds and add 1.2 meters of puncture. With one Fast Hands mod, you can drop the reload speed of the Vectis to 0.7 seconds and then add a Charged Chamber for even more damage. I fail to see how the Vectis cannot fire faster and deal more damage per shot than the Lanka unless you can utilize the puncture.

2) Incorrect; refer to the charge time versus reload speed calculations. While the Lanka has the higher multipliers, you need to also factor in the faction-specific damage multipliers as well as the charge time versus reload speed scenarios.

No matter what happens, the Vectis wins.

Sounds like sour apples to me.

I digress, you're not a bad Tenno so I'll stop trolling you.

Enjoy your night.

You fell for every bit of it.

I consider myself very impressed.

I agree with the Armor 2.0.

That may nerf AP damage.

Every bit of it...in what way? Once again, color me unimpressed, especially since you're trying to justify your actions.

AP damage isn't going to be necessarily nerfed. It's an entirely new damage system, and it requires the developers to take a look at each weapon's stats (according to Livestream #16).