Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Argonak Aid on PS4

(PSN)jockhotty

Question

I went to use this gun and it the scope doesnt work at all like it was suppose to or shall I say it doesnt work at all like i was accustomed to. , The feature is almost useless now. I did a bit of research but did not find anything recent about the change and i do not use this gun that much but I expect it to do what  it did. Was there some change made for colorblind filters or something. Is there a setting I can get to have it work the way it did previously. I think it was the only gun in the game that had that very cool and useful feature. Given that there are some very colorful areas in Deimos, having the gun work like it did previously might really be useful. What happened here?

5 answers to this question

9 hours ago, (PS4)jockhotty said:

I went to use this gun and it the scope doesnt work at all like it was suppose to or shall I say it doesnt work at all like i was accustomed to. , The feature is almost useless now. I did a bit of research but did not find anything recent about the change and i do not use this gun that much but I expect it to do what  it did. Was there some change made for colorblind filters or something. Is there a setting I can get to have it work the way it did previously. I think it was the only gun in the game that had that very cool and useful feature. Given that there are some very colorful areas in Deimos, having the gun work like it did previously might really be useful. What happened here?

Are you using it with or without its augment?   With the augment, the highlighting looks very different than without, and in many situations is harder to see IMO.  Particularly if you're used to the original way.  I suppose the reverse might be  true too, if you're totally used to it with the augment but it's not on your current build.

It's probably obvious, but lighter energy colors work a lot better.  And on Deimos I think I'd go for a bright white, yellow, or maybe green for better contrast with the predominant colors there. 

If it's something else going on, sorry.

Thanks for your response. Ill check the loadout on that, but Ive had it set up to my liking ever since I got it. I think it is just a shame. Maybe we can lobby for two visual options.That was the real value of that gun and the ability from far  to select out the target is unmatched. There was a gun in Destiny 1 that worked similarly. Have you had discussions w others on this change? I havent experimented but a tiny outline at range is almost lost w glare and shade.

1 hour ago, (PS4)jockhotty said:

Have you had discussions w others on this change?

Yeah, but not for a long time and not with many people--the weapon has never been popular.  As far as I recall, the consensus was that the new effect wasn't as practical.  I don't think anybody liked the augment outline better, except maybe visually.   I can definitely imagine how an artist at DE might think the old effect needed updating, especially when looking through objects.

Do you consider the augment essential for your enjoyment of the weapon?

On 2020-09-24 at 11:39 AM, Tiltskillet said:

Yeah, but not for a long time and not with many people--the weapon has never been popular.  As far as I recall, the consensus was that the new effect wasn't as practical.  I don't think anybody liked the augment outline better, except maybe visually.   I can definitely imagine how an artist at DE might think the old effect needed updating, especially when looking through objects.

Do you consider the augment essential for your enjoyment of the weapon?

I do like the way the weapon looks, for use however, for that particular gun that function offsets it lack in performance in other stats. It was the only gun that I had that had that ability. From far away you could clearly id the enemy, you could tell exactly the target in dense enemy location. As a tactical you  could easily see what direction the enemy is heading in a wink. Just the outline robs you of time trying to determine what is exactly outlined nevermind a direction vector. It best use was in poe bounties, especially when solo Liberating a camp. It was so valuable to find which direction a whole horde was coming locate a second horde and determine which is most strategic to engage and highly important for telling if a nox is coming around. I can also see it being usfull for not taking out a weakened creature like happens far to often on Daimas open world. There are several mods in the game that even lend it to just tactical use like...Vigorous swap or partial loading of magazines for example.

Archived