The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback and changes for Chroma

selig_fay

Okay, I think I'll comment on how I see the elements master. 

First, I love the idea of giving chrome his personal flamethrower, but I don't want it to be an exalted weapon. Better if it is a normal signature weapon or some sort of garuda claw. I will consider the first option.

Passive Flamethrower: Initial damage changes based on the color of the flamethrower energy. When the master of Chroma - 50% of the damage is convected to the current element that Chroma is using (you can learn about the conversion of damage from the conclave)

Abilites: 

Passive: You get immunity against the element you have chosen.

1) (rework) Allows Chroma to change its current element. Imposes an overcharger that increases the elemental power of your abilities by 50% for 15 seconds. 

Augment: Overcharger now grants old element damage and effects. Can be used to create complex damage (like corrosion). If this happens, you gain the status immunity effect against the complex status and its components. (if corrosion, then shock and toxin too.) 

2) I think its fine. 

3) (additional buffs.) It also reduces the damage from the enemy by 30% (scaled with strength) if he has the elemental status that you have chosen.

Augment: (additional buffs) You become a priority target for enemies within 15 meters.

4) (change) Now costs 100 energy, lasts 30 seconds and absorbs damage from enemies for 3 seconds to have more hp. Is a priority target. Shout now inflicts a vulnerability, reducing the defense of the to choisen element by 50%.

augment (buff) When moved, the ability prolongs the duration and begins to absorb damage for 3 seconds.

why in this day and age would we take such a behind the times way to change Elements by having an Ability dedicated to it? just let each Ability change Elements separate to each other with the actual Ability. you want to rotate the currently 3 Elemental Abilities to 3 different Elements? go nuts.

it just makes so much more sense than losing an entire Ability Slot for an inferior level of choice.

Eh I kind of like the idea that you pick the element in the build. Particularly with elemental ward now being in helminth. Additionally in practice people build around a certain element any way so it wont make much difference.

My rework is basic:

• Make effigy chromas 1 because its better to have an effigy use its actions spitting fire than you 
  • Give him a nuke 4 just a big elemental boom to let the differences in the damage types and status procs ect shine.

If you are really committed to this element switching in mission then you could put it in the 4 as like a hold function but if you are going to be able to switch id really want to see some cross interaction.  Maybe they combine for combo elements or something but just straight element switching would likely be no different to in build element switching because the meta will be built around only 1. 

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

why in this day and age would we take such a behind the times way to change Elements by having an Ability dedicated to it? just let each Ability change Elements separate to each other with the actual Ability. you want to rotate the currently 3 Elemental Abilities to 3 different Elements? go nuts.

it just makes so much more sense than losing an entire Ability Slot for an inferior level of choice.

This is a good idea. But I still prefer the selector. And I need a separate one because I think the wheeled ability is awkward and I would like DE to do it in the form, press the button and select the ability with the 1-4 button, or cancel with the aiming button. And I think only Khora is stopping this from happening.

Also, the selector is simple and supports a friendly ui, where the element you are currently tuned in will always be visible.

On the other hand, I condition the concept of benefit as what will be used. Abilities that cost 0 energy already exist (the same Khora changes Vinary modes without spending energy). The concept of changing elements itself is a good one and I think it deserves a separate button. It is useful and convenient. This is the main thing.

But initially, I wanted to give this ability more meaning in the form of additional elemental weapon damage, but I decided that it was not worth it.

But perhaps an idea for a fourth ability would be more appropriate. I assumed that holding down the key wastes some energy and activates the effigy shout, and the effigy shout itself provides separate bonuses, like:

Shock: stun enemys around (like now)

Ice: Slows down the speed of actions of enemies.

Fire: Launches fiery rockets in the direction of the sign, which leaves fiery fields.

Toxin: Releases a toxic cloud around itself, knocking back nearby enemies.

The idea is more that the first ability is useless on its own, but it makes other abilities strong because other abilities work well in certain situations. The tactics are good gameplay I think.

2 hours ago, Solarsyphon said:

Eh I kind of like the idea that you pick the element in the build. Particularly with elemental ward now being in helminth. Additionally in practice people build around a certain element any way so it wont make much difference.

My rework is basic:

• Make effigy chromas 1 because its better to have an effigy use its actions spitting fire than you 
  • Give him a nuke 4 just a big elemental boom to let the differences in the damage types and status procs ect shine.

If you are really committed to this element switching in mission then you could put it in the 4 as like a hold function but if you are going to be able to switch id really want to see some cross interaction.  Maybe they combine for combo elements or something but just straight element switching would likely be no different to in build element switching because the meta will be built around only 1. 

My opinion is that Chroma doesn't need nuck. He is a good weapon master and can buff nuck weapons strongly. On the other hand, I think that his side of the tank is badly revealed. It has little CC (yes, ice ward is cool, but still). And the generation of aggression will greatly help him to be useful in defense and on some missions.

On the other hand, I think nuck frames have to pay with their survivability for more kill. But this is my opinion, because I am a fan of the trinity system (support, tank, dps)

8 hours ago, selig_fay said:

This is a good idea. But I still prefer the selector. And I need a separate one because I think the wheeled ability is awkward and I would like DE to do it in the form, press the button and select the ability with the 1-4 button, or cancel with the aiming button. And I think only Khora is stopping this from happening.

Also, the selector is simple and supports a friendly ui, where the element you are currently tuned in will always be visible.

sure, the rotating wheels isn't the fastest solution, however i have to ask how often do you actually expect to be changing the Element of a particular Ability, if they were all separate? i would suggest not all that often. definitely sometimes, but not something you're doing consistently.
having wheel type Abilities use all 4 buttons would be preferable yea, but in the meantime i don't think the wheel style has a negative impact for what one is likely to be doing with Chroma in Gameplay.

especially if Abilities that are already active don't take the changed Element, leaving you to still benefit from your current Element while you switch to the one you want to transition to, and then recast to apply it.

overall i just don't see a scenario where it's worth losing an entire Ability Slot. even on Equinox it's highly questionable, versus letting you individually swap sides on each Abiilty whenever you please (since it's the god damn 'Duality' Warframe ffs, Yin and Yang are supposed to be balanced with each other, and picking on or the other isn't balance).
having a button that does little or nothing itself but serves as a lightswitch for other Abilities, seems like a waste to me.

you could certainly fabricate a situation where having an Ability that essentially does nothing would still mechanically work okay, but, what is the reason to scuttle an Ability Slot versus doing it another way and is it an actually good reason, is my ultimate rhetorical question, i suppose.

Archived