Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rigged Kuva Lich Spawn algorithm

White_Matter

Hi,

After finding the requiem mod sequence, despite the Lich's meter showing "Fuming", it didn't spawn for 9-10 missions. I quit trying after that. Took around 45 minutes to play those missions, which could have easily been invested in farming murmur for another Lich.  The problem with praying for RNG to get your Lich to spawn is that every mission you do after finding the seqence is a waste of time unless your Lich spawns, as the murmur you are getting is being wasted. So you are forced into a grind that you want none of.

I think the option to face the Lich should be given to the player like the junction encounter against specters, or the Lich should have a guaranteed spawn for any mission that is played after that.

10 hours ago, White_Matter said:

it didn't spawn for 9-10 missions. I quit trying after that. Took around 45 minutes to play those missions

(emphasis mine)

6 hours ago, --Excalibur-Prime-- said:

maybe try running non endless missions instead? No reason to sit around hoping it will spawn, just rush a capture/exterminate/spy and he will spawn. if he doesnt its 3-4 min wasted instead of 45 min wasted

45 / 10 = 4.5 minutes/mission. Those were non-endless mission types.

15 hours ago, --Excalibur-Prime-- said:

maybe try running non endless missions instead? No reason to sit around hoping it will spawn, just rush a capture/exterminate/spy and he will spawn. if he doesnt its 3-4 min wasted instead of 45 min wasted

Did that as well. I did a few exterminate and captures, stayed long enough to see if he'd spawn. A squad member got his Lich, not me though.

It is pretty odd given initially he spawned 3 or 4 times when his meter was much lower.  It feels like the algorithm is rigged in a way that the lesser chance of killing the Lich you have, the more likely he spawns and vice versa. 

Haven't played since yesterday but I literally wasted 40-45 minutes of my time basically doing nothing. 

You may call this an outlier(and I'll be frank the most it took for it to spawn was like 4-5 missions before) but still, this can easily be fixed by a simple implementation. Either make the spawn a guarantee after figuring out all mods or allow the player to confront the lich like a specter in a junction point.

14 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Either make the spawn a guarantee after figuring out all mods or allow the player to confront the lich like a specter in a junction point.

I agree. After all the Requiems have been revealed, waiting for a random spawn to use them adds nothing, and feels bad when the Lich is recalcitrant.

Archived