Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival needs to be re-tuned to be more engaging and less reliant on loot frames.

Alphas

Something that always bugged me about the Survival missions is how reliant they are on the Life Support system.  Couple that with low-enemy spawn rates in solo play and it gets really annoyingly difficult to do a solo-survival for a long time without using a looting frame or other looting sources.  I think Survival missions should all get a new coat of paint depending on the faction that's being played. 

Grineer Survivals should continue to be based on life support since it would make sense for the Grineer soldiers to be ultra-expendable in the effort to drive off the Tenno.  There would need to be buffs to life support drop-rates.  Maybe have the life support should be personal to the player with pockets of life support being activated by slotting in power charges carried by various enemies.  This would also apply to Kuva Survival where the Kuva batteries would give a much smaller life support bubble to compensate.

Corpus Survivals should have a more mechanical feeling to them.  My initial idea was to have the additional objectives revolving around repairing aspects of the ship like bringing components around every few minutes as the Corpus outside are trying to remotely destroy the Ship/Ground base from the outside.

Infested Survival should be based on getting consistent kills to beat back an Infestation overgrowth that takes over parts of the map.

Orokin Survival should be based on a much steeper difficulty increase.  It should ramp up the levels of the enemies maybe 1.5x to 2x as fast as missions normally do.

I think this would be an excellent way to revitalize Survival missions so that they aren't so heavily reliant on loot frames to generate the resource needed to continue the mission.  Reward rotations should also be shifted over to the Disruption system of AABCCCC (but changed over to ABCCC to remove the 10 minute reward redundancy) since Relics far outshine the other rewards in the B slot and especially the A slot.

1st point. the survival system is based on life support so players aren't abusing Lines of sight places we can high jump too, it forces a player to engage the enemy for smaller life support drop so you can stack the large ones.  For increased waves and wave sizes solo; see "Nightmare mode." 
2nd point for corpus survival having more mechanics there is a system already in place known as crowns. 
3rd point infested survival kinda already is that being the easiest version of survival them having no real range tactics. (if they added range tactics to survival it would be more enjoyable)
4th point Missions like MOT in the void kind of already have huge wave spawns if you make your way to the circular room you will notice this pretty quickly. 
as for the reward system mimicry tword another mission type I feel that it would become stagnant and enjoy the reward diversity. 
JMO.

i'd welcome some features to justify the Killing more than there already is, it would certainly make the Gamemode feel more justified overall. your suggestion for Infested in particular sounds like something that might be great.

however Survival isn't like, totally reliant on l00t Abilities, though. they make it easier for you to stay there even if you're having trouble Killing Enemies quickly.
Spawn issues in Survival isn't a global thing, it's something to be worked out in situations where it isn't working right.

Survival was never reliant on loot frames. It's more about keeping up your kills per second. And to do that you have to choose a good spot and stay there for the entire duration of the mission if it's a 2h+ run. Most of the time we stay at the wrong location for too long and screw up enemy spawn. But none of it is relevant unless you're going for more than an hour. In the usual 20min fissure survival you can do whatever you want tbh. Also try steel path survival for a lot of enemy spawn. You get the extra difficulty right from beginning and some steel essence, riven slivers as bonus etc.

First, you do not need a loot frame for survival, at all. Between life support drops and capsules you get way more than I ever needs. And on steel path you do not even need capsules. The question is are you dealing enough damage?

Second, distribution runs a rotation rewards just like survival. Only arbitrations run C reward continuously if you continue playing. I really wish the update the rewards, but you get 3 neo and 1 axi when you run 20 minutes.

lastly, none of what you asked is needed. While I like the idea of mini bosses showing up, or some random stuff. I do not think anything in the mission needs changing. It is unquestionably the best endless mission to play.

Archived