Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Velocitus Projectile Hitbox not consistent between different modes

Duality52

For reference, the Velocitus is an oversized Lanka in essence. It fires the same tiny plasma bolt similar to the Dera/Lanka/Supra. While the Velocitus deals an insane amount of damage, the projectile hitbox is not forgiving and consistent.

• Increased size of Velocitus projectile in space.

This was added in the Railjack Revised earlier this year in May. The Velocitus rivals the Railjack's Armaments in overall power in Archwing (normal Archwing or Empyrean).

Atmospheric mode Velocitus is hampered by the tiny projectile size and the charged Archgun stagger if you're not a Necramech. Even if you're using it with a Necramech, it's unwieldy due to the very small hairpin precision needed with the Velocitus, again due to the projectile size.

Increase the projectile hitbox of the Velocitus in Atmospheric mode. That will make it consistent with the projectile size of the round while used in Archwing.

9 hours ago, taiiat said:

i'd be wary of increasing it on the ground making it much more difficult to Headshot things with it, in such a case i would have to decline such a size increase and prefer my Velocitus to be just as it is.

Simply landing the projectile close to the head like an Opticor will suffice as a headshot. In fact, the Opticor is a faster and larger projectile than the Velocitus rather than being hitscan, which is why I didn't suggest to make the Velocitus hitscan.

The question is who are you using the Velocitus with? It's really clunky to use against enemies groundside, and certain enemies have poor hitboxes (Deimos Carnis and Mutalist Ospreys). Consistent headshots with an Atmospheric Velocitus, while satisfying, is not needed especially when you are getting swarmed constantly.

29 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

Consistent headshots with [...] Velocitus, while satisfying, is not needed 

doesn't mean i don't want them anyways!

i only brought it up as a possible concern - i don't want to sacrifice A to gain B and so if it hypothetically came to be one or the other i wouldn't want that sacrifice - but if i don't have to sacrifice A to gain B then there isn't any problem and we're all hunky dory.

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

don't have to sacrifice A to gain B then there isn't any problem and we're all hunky dory.

Which doesn't answer my question: who are you using the Velocitus with? You cannot deny how clunky the Velocitus is in Atmospheric; it's essentially an oversized Lanka.

9 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Which doesn't answer my question: who are you using the Velocitus with? You cannot deny how clunky the Velocitus is in Atmospheric; it's essentially an oversized Lanka.

okay, but that isn't the subject of the Thread. yes, Archguns staggering us on the ground is.... very unpleasant.
but what does that have to do with this Thread?

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

but what does that have to do with this Thread?

I don't recall mentioning the charged Archgun staggers, but that requires a different thread.

Point being is that both the Velocitus and Lanka share the same tiny projectile size and functionality. Asking for precision in a game like Warframe isn't rewarding, but more punishing in majority of the game modes. Grazing with something like the Velocitus should have an effect, not to be a mere warning shot.

1 hour ago, Duality52 said:

Grazing with something like the Velocitus should have an effect, not to be a mere warning shot.

hmm, the Projectile having a trailing Shockwave sounds cool all of a sudden.
mega bonus points if it would even have a different Base Damage composition. i'm thinking Impact+Electricity at 1/3 of the Projectile Damage.

1 hour ago, Duality52 said:

I don't recall mentioning the charged Archgun staggers

oh, sorry. to me that sounded like you were talking about the staggers(since you mentioned Clunky).
as far as clunky goes, IMO what's clunky about it is the Ammo now. having 100 Rounds and regenning 20/sec was obviously uncalled for, but the Ammo situation that it has now leaves one essentially unable to use it on anything but World Bosses or other once per Session sorts of Enemies, other stuff is just very impractical.
at the very least there, something like adding a 0 to all of its Ammo plus making Charged Shots consume 10 Ammo, which would leave some space to have uncharged Shots take 1-2 Ammo, so that the Player is more capable of dealing with Enemies.

Archived