Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auto continue on a mission is terrible design.

TarlC

Automatically continuing a mission if no option is selected to leave or stay is a terrible design flaw. Especially amplified in relic missions. Why in the hell would you automatically let an AFK player continue in a mission? especially one in which you have an extremely limited time to pick an item to participate in. the option to be to auto LEAVE the mission. if the system you have in place is important to you for whatever god awful reason, make it an option. there is no excuse for letting someone afk continue on.

It doesn't really matter. If they are afk longer than a few minutes they don't get their rewards and no one new can be brought in to fill up the space because one round is all ready done. 

In fact auto removing them at rounds end actually adds 2 negatives. 1. More host migrations for players if they are host and 2. Lowers enemy spawn count. 

Why not , but as long as it stay "continue" by default ,  i find it better that it is "continue" by default (though allowing to change the default would be a nice option maybe)

I can't count the number of time when there was one guy afking for 15 waves of defense mission but forgot to stop afking to actually leave, making him continue the mission alone while still being afk and probably making him fail the mission as the defense objective will be most likely destroyed by the time he comes back.
which is highly deserved in my opinion

also atleast this way it doesn't put any negative drawback on normal player that don't afk as it doesn't lower enemy count and hence exp.

Plus, i think many people that only afk rarely would prefer for it to stay this way as they wouldn't want to get booted of a squad aswell simply because they couldn't accept to stay in time.

But on the topic at hand ; allowing to change the "auto" from "continue" to "leave" in the option of the game would be nice i guess as it is simply an option, but it should be "continue" by default as it is currently, but changeable to "leave".

Archived