Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Lockdown

AreeSoothsayer

When you roll a Riven all the stats are jumbled. However what if, for a cost in Kuva, you could lock 1 of the stats in place. So that no matter how many times you rolled that stat would remain. Although the amount of it would change the type of stat would not. So no 2 stat # on a 3 stat roll.

This has been suggested many many times.

It would reduce randomness by a factor 20 or more, and thus lower prices, too much for that to be accepted by many players, who make a lot of plat by selling rare rolls (not judging). For the same reasons, or at least the former, DE would probably be even less likely to consider it, even if it cost hundreds of thousands of kuva. To me it seems they are overall satisfied with how the riven system currently works, it's probably a very delicate balance so they are understandably reluctant to tweak it, especially in such an impactful way.

On 2020-10-08 at 5:41 AM, Robolaser said:

To me it seems they are overall satisfied with how the riven system currently works, it's probably a very delicate balance so they are understandably reluctant to tweak it, especially in such an impactful way.

I would argue that it's not that they are satisfied with Rivens per se, but that it would cost too much in revenue to change them - until they produce another plat sink for players to really sink their teeth into. They upset the market regularly with disposition changes which may be to drive trading, or to give more Rivens a chance at being sold and maybe just maybe get people to pick up non meta weapons (but mainly to sell more Rivens). I would argue that it's a knife edge that Rivens sit in - one between them being lootboxes and not. They have avoided it so far by not selling them directly, but rather confining them to an acquistion through play system - the same with Kuva, both of which used to be on the marketplace until the lootbox controversy started.

Archived