Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

crouch question

sp1z

Question

Using either hold crouch or toggle crouch, after a bullet jump/slide/void dash my fame/operator doesn't stay crouched.

For example, I can't hold crouch and hit space repeatedly to void dash because my operator un-crouches and I have to release crouch and press it again.

Or say I'm in my warframe, if I slide immediately after the slide I stand up. pls halp

8 answers to this question

Holding crouch while "hold to crouch" is active should keep you crouched.

If not, reset all control settings to default and retry. If problem presists, there maybe a problem with your keyboard.

For more diagnosing, try enabling "show pointer on pressing crtl" in your mouse pointer settings (the crouch button should be set to crtl by default.). They try playing the game. If the crouch button is releasing on its own, you should be notice it as you pointer will get highlighted by a circle.

4 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Holding crouch while "hold to crouch" is active should keep you crouched.

If not, reset all control settings to default and retry. If problem presists, there maybe a problem with your keyboard.

For more diagnosing, try enabling "show pointer on pressing crtl" in your mouse pointer settings (the crouch button should be set to crtl by default.). They try playing the game. If the crouch button is releasing on its own, you should be notice it as you pointer will get highlighted by a circle.

"reset all control settings to default and retry"

Done, nothing changed.

"there maybe a problem with your keyboard"

Across two different keyboards(Corsair/Razor), both with/without their respective software (iCUE/Razor) the problem persists with both hold AND toggle crouch.

"try enabling 'show pointer on pressing crtl'"

With this enabled, pressing CTRL displays a ring when the key is released. I see the ring if I just stand still and press/release the CTRL key. However when I bulletjump, my character stands up after landing and there is no circle displayed. This was tested on two keyboards, both with/without their respective software running.

This is quite annoying as it really disrupts the flow of the game, for me. I haven't been able to find any information on this in my searches, either. Very unlucky.

EDIT: So I've discovered a new piece of information, which might point closer to the problem.

Lets say I'm holding W to walk, then I press the crouch button (Hold to crouch). What happens is the slide is executed, and I stay crouched AS LONG AS I hold W as well as crouch. If I let go of W while still holding crouch, I stand up. That's with hold to crouch, however, toggle crouch will keep me crouched following the slide. Now none of that includes a bullet jump.

If I hold W to walk, press crouch (hold to crouch), then press space.. I stand up following the jump. This happens regardless of the combination of hold/toggle crouch AND holding/releasing the space bar.

This is very strange to me. Yesterday none of this was happening. In the warframe I don't notice it really, but my habit of going into operator and escaping with a quick series of void dashes is ruined, since after my first dash I'm taken out of void mode and left floating helplessly.

Sliding is working normally there IIRC, can't be hiding and Slide at the same time.

but, not being able to Dash repeatedly is.... not right, something is broken for you. i will concur with resetting Controls to default to try and reset any hidden broken things, and setting it back up again, and then trying.

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

Sliding is working normally there IIRC, can't be hiding and Slide at the same time.

but, not being able to Dash repeatedly is.... not right, something is broken for you. i will concur with resetting Controls to default to try and reset any hidden broken things, and setting it back up again, and then trying.

"not being able to Dash repeatedly is.... not right"

That's really the issue at hand I think. As for your suggestions, I stated already that I've tried those measures to no avail.

Though I don't know what you mean by "hidden broken things".

3 hours ago, sp1z said:

Though I don't know what you mean by "hidden broken things".

it wouldn't be the first time that someones' Controls were... broken in some way, but not visibly on the Keybinds Menu, and having to specifically click the reset button to alleviate it.
but if you've already tried that then idunno.

the void dash issue is definitely strange, at least for hold-to-crouch (i dont know about toggle)

ive never noticed the bullet jump un-crouching you before though, but it sure does. I think the reason i never notice it is because i usually release and then re-press the crouch button to add another slide for more forward momentum

Archived