The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People, Are You Sticking To Your Side?

matto

This entire event is solely driven by rewards. Whoever has the shinier reward is going to win.

I have to disagree. No use trying to beat the will of the Moon Clans and DE. They clearly have chosen the winner already. I'm on my own team which is to say I'm done with this event. 25 and out. Not gonna beat my head against the wall to get a more interesting outcome of finding out what the Zanuka project is. I'm surprised how this enticing piece of lore is being ignored for the shallow satisfaction and obvious outcome of saving the Tenno.

On another note it is interesting to see how some people rationalize one side over the other in this event in relation to popular opinion in real culture today. Corporate greed is looked down on more harshly than aggressive wars for revenge, empire, and enslavement. Very Occupy if I do say so. Very interesting. The game is playing out like a microcosm of today's (alleged) "popular" social consciousness.

This is probably why the entire event is unappealing to me as a liberarian/anarchist. The game play is enjoyable but I despise all sides. Most of all, the Tenno.

Edited by ZombieX13

Not gonna beat my head against the wall to get a more interesting outcome of finding out what the Zanuka project is. I'm surprised how this enticing piece of lore is being ignored for the shallow satisfaction and obvious outcome of saving the Tenno.

The Zanuka project arc and the introduction of the new Warframe is going to happen anyway. I wouldn't worry about missing out on lore

The Zanuka project arc and the introduction of the new Warframe is going to happen anyway. I wouldn't worry about missing out on lore

You know, you're probably right. That's an even better reason to ignore these kinds of events lol. Killing Floor and Terraria are running Halloween events right now too, so that's probably where I'll spend my time.

I'm waiting for things to get so one sided that DE has to scramble to keep people interested and invested by equalizing a little bit since the players can't balance the event like DE claimed they would. This will break the premise of the event at it's core completely.

Vor gave it to you the very first mission.

Secondly, I will stay Corpus for the greater good. Derf Anyo 4 Life.

What if siding with the Grineer means Ruk kills Alad V and Nef Anyo has to leave Mars to take his place and leaves his son Derf Anyo in his place as both a unique boss battle and the pseudo-stalker Derf Anyo?

What if siding with the Grineer means Ruk kills Alad V and Nef Anyo has to leave Mars to take his place and leaves his son Derf Anyo in his place as both a unique boss battle and the pseudo-stalker Derf Anyo?

Wouldn't make sense for update 11 then when we face Alad V.

.....Potatos numb the feeling.

seriously tho, who cares what's going to happen.

Both sides are butt holes both gona be doing crappy things to every one after they win.

So , i'm gona sit right here on my lil fence collecting all those fantastically easy to get trinkets.

after this "war" ends iama bust some heads with all those new toys ill have.

In the long run the better The Tenno are equipped the better the end result is.

You ain't winning any war and you ain't bringing balance to anything with Mk -1 Bratons and Skanas.

Or do you sometimes change to get the opposite side's reward? How many of you are really sticking to your side no matter what the rewards are on the other?

I was just wondering, because there's a Catalyst on Corpus right now, and I missed the one for Grineers.

Will Vor forgive me?

My only side is the Tenno. I take the reward that I want the most and then keep my results balanced so that if the Grineer win they win by the smallest amount possible. That way my fellow Tenno will be freed from Alad V but the Grineer get the smallest advantage possible and still suffer heavy losses.

If the Corpus win they will have lost territory to the Grineer which will weaken them making it easier to act against them.

Edited by Silvershadow66

My only side is the Tenno. I take the reward that I want the most and then keep my results balanced so that if the Grineer win they win by the smallest amount possible. That way my fellow Tenno will be freed from Alad V but the Grineer get the smallest advantage possible and still suffer heavy losses.

If the Corpus win they will have lost territory to the Grineer which will weaken them making it easier to act against them.

I'm going to stop you right there and highlight something for you.

A lot of people may not see this coming, but do you honestly think Ruk will not try and grab those pods and run after Alad V is dealt with ? The whole reason you join with Ruk is so the Corpus doesn't nab them. No where does it say Ruk will turn them over to the Tenno.

Also if the Grineer get this territory, Expect a few things that "MAY OCCUR", Millions of life dying. No I'm not just normal life like humans,aliens that can walk and talk and help build, I'm saying animals,creatures, many things that the Corpus leave alone. Corpus may brainwash people but they don't effect the ecosystem of a planet. These people who are just scavengers,  salvage left over materials and of course our brethren to make a living. But Corpus can be easily bought off with enough credits. Remember "Profit numbs the feeling". Unlike the savage Grineer who want nothing but Grineer life left in this world. There burning plague that can't be stomp out with just  us.

Edited by Gravefire

Gravefire, on 25 Oct 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

[snip]

Millions of life dying. No I'm not just normal life like humans,aliens that can walk and talk and help build, I'm saying animals,creatures, many things that the Corpus leave alone. Corpus may brainwash people but they don't effect the ecosystem of a planet. These people who are just scavengers,  salvage left over materials and of course our brethren to make a living. But Corpus can be easily bought off with enough credits. Remember "Profit numbs the feeling".[snip]

Bolding added by me.

Citation needed. What evidence do you have, whatsoever, that Corpus do not destroy the environment? And what evidence do you have that Corpus can be bought off?

Here's some evidence that goes completely against all of what you just said, taken directly from the https://warframe.com/game/factions/corpus'>Corpus faction description: "The Corpus view Orokin artifacts as resource to be exploited for profit− at any cost." Bolding added by me.

From that description, no, the Corpus cannot be paid off to stop bothering the Tenno. And there is a bit of delicious irony in you saying, "Profit numbs the feeling." Exploiting Orokin Tech numbs Corpus to all other concerns, bribes, or atrocities; for the Corpus there is no greater profit.

Bolding added by me.

Citation needed. What evidence do you have, whatsoever, that Corpus do not destroy the environment? And what evidence do you have that Corpus can be bought off?

Here's some evidence that goes completely against all of what you just said, taken directly from the Corpus faction description: "The Corpus view Orokin artifacts as resource to be exploited for profit− at any cost." Bolding added by me.

From that description, no, the Corpus cannot be paid off to stop bothering the Tenno. And there is a bit of delicious irony in you saying, "Profit numbs the feeling." Exploiting Orokin Tech numbs Corpus to all other concerns, bribes, or atrocities; for the Corpus there is no greater profit.

Go look into the environments yourself then you can access the game itself do you see any damage to those environments compared to the Grineer ones  ? 

Corpus can be bought off, the Tenno can give them Orokin tech. Orokin Tech can mean many things , Weapons ,Ships, Toys . You think tenno don't have access to old Orokin tech to give to them to shut them up in the meantime ?

Edited by Gravefire