Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking back at the original prime warframes...

(XBOX)Onyx Schnee

let's talk about them.

as we all should know at this point, one of the key traits of any prime is how much more ornate they look compared to the base frame. For a LONG time, every prime has followed this logic by having extra details added on and some gold bits to make them look shiny and new, right?

that is except for 3 specific primes. which primes you ask? Why the original 3 prime warframes to be introduced:

Excalibur prime.

Frost prime

and Mag prime.

THE PROBLEM:

each of these 3 have one major flaw when compared to primes that come after. This flaw is the fact that they look exactly like their base frame with a different helmet and a slightly altered skin/texture.

you know those red bits on excal's chest? they're gold on his prime. Umbra looks more like a prime than he does.

frost prime? only has a different pattern on his coat.

mag prime? literally the same pattern as the original with white, grey and gold in place of Mag's blue colors.

HOW TO FIX THIS:

simply put, its to redesign and remodel these 3 frames

for excalibur prime: I'd add some orokin rings on his biceps, angled towards his shoulders. An orokin collor and finally add some gold armor on his forearms that is similar to Umbra but instead of looking like outward facing hooks, Prime's would look like a sleek blade that juts slightly past his elbow.

Frost prime: an Orokin themed high color with gold trim(his collar would not be merged with his neck in this iteration.) with the trim traveling down the hem of his coat. he'd also have some gold ornaments creating a snowflake design on his back. Frost prime's default shoulder armor would be altered to look like a gold pauldron with vents on the side. I'd also make his legs look less blocky so the leg armor we have actually looks good on him.

Mag prime: change her tuning forks to look more like an orokin ring that starts at her elbow and flows smoothly into scissor like magnet piece or sorts. Off her shoulders would be a curved back armor piece that ended in a flat block(gold of course.) similar to the EVA's from NGE, or a gundam. Finally give her legs the same spiraling metal bits that are on her arms, which would spiral down her thighs and end in full, knee high boots instead of the legs she actually has.

of course, if anyone didn't like these concepts, the OG skins could be made as legacy skins for the sake of that.

Now, i'm not saying these 3 look bad...It's just that they look very DATED compared to every other prime that came out after them.

ESPECIALLY the primes of the last few years.

I'd have sketched these ideas up, but i've never sketched anything for warframe barring once and i can't keep track of all the details on the frame's bodies.

gimme your thoughts

One has to say that you don't see "make Excalibur/Frost/Mag's Prime version more Prime" threads that often, these days.

I mean, a long bla-bla thread about this topic is ok, but do you remember this amazing thread by Liger Inuzuka himself (a guy who, let's remember, has made the concept for more than one Deluxe Skins)?

That was a solid suggestion. Amazing artist and amazing concept.

It's a shame DE doesn't do this sort of thing.

38 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

One has to say that you don't see "make Excalibur/Frost/Mag's Prime version more Prime" threads that often, these days.

I mean, a long bla-bla thread about this topic is ok, but do you remember this amazing thread by Liger Inuzuka himself (a guy who, let's remember, has made the concept for more than one Deluxe Skins)?

That was a solid suggestion. Amazing artist and amazing concept.

It's a shame DE doesn't do this sort of thing.

yes, i actually commented there i believe at one point.

it feels like ages since i last checked up on it. I actually think part of my idea was subconsciously inspired by his version 2 alterations.

huh.

On 2020-10-21 at 12:47 AM, KindleBlaze said:

I must say I would like to see those frames more PRIME looking. Frost really is missing golden ornaments. And yes, if the legs would be  less... huge, that would be even better

both frost and excal prime are lacking in gold barring their helmets. Mag prime at least has those blue wavy streaks turned into gold streaks.

as stated above, all 3 PALE in comparison to every other prime that came after them, ESPECIALLY the primes of the last 3 years(at least!).

it be super awesome if DE took like....a couple months to completely redesign these 3 to look more regal and ornate.

side note: all leg armor looks horrible on frost/prime because of his chonky legs.

Archived