Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best power strength for Magnetize bubble?

Athuis

Question

I just got back into the game, and I'm having trouble with Mag's 2.

I like how strong the pull is with >100 Power Strength, it sucks enemies right in! The issue is, it seems to play bouncy ball with them once their in there, making a lot of projectiles in the bubble completely miss them. 

What is the optimal power strength that will have a strong bubble pull, but not bounce the boys? Or is that just any strength over 100? 

3 answers to this question

You can try using weapons with larger projectiles or shotguns with punch-thru to hit enemies in the bubble more easily, since all projectiles are redirected to the center of the bubble.

With that said, the bubble deals more damage over time to enemies inside based on the damage of all the bullets fired into it. In most cases, you can get far more damage out of it by building for range (to absorb bullets more easily) and bringing a high damage weapon with you to fire into it. Since the amount of damage the bubble absorbs is not affected by power strength, it appears as if it does not matter how much you have!

i don't have some magical pull strength number for you that pulls Enemies "just right", but i will interject here and say that there is absolutely no 'best' amount of any Ability Stat for Magnetize. it's good with high and low amounts of all of the Ability Stats, just for different things.
there is no singular right answer to what Ability Stats to prefer for Magnetize, and anyone that insists otherwise might not be as informed as they would like to believe.
since that somehow seems to always end up as some sort of argument, about what the 'best' Ability Stats for the Ability are. when the answer is that there isn't.

Really I was just looking if anyone had done some research into how it worked.  Like at 120 power strength is the line where it wouldn't try to make a tower of enemies in the center of the bubble. (Damn you, ancients!) 

But, if there isn't anything like that, I'll just test a bunch of different levels to see what still has sucking power, with the least amount of jankiness. 

Thanks for the replies!

Archived