The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Affinity Loss, MR 30 Not availiable due to lossed affinity

(XBOX)Vamma Takayn

Back ground: Affinity is supposed to be saved and rolled over into the next rank when ranking items in warframe. additionally items that give affinity appear in the profile of the players account.

Problem: primary kitguns show that they give affinity in the profile, yet they do not give affinity in game. MR 30 test and rank became availiable yesterday, however, my account is not updating to show the changes and shows i am short almost 3000 affinity. additionally Affinity for having mastered the Karak Wraith was removed from all accounts that had deleted it from the inventory, but mastered the weapo.

What should happen: after ranking weapons, in the case of modular weapons- guiling then ranking-, the weapon should grant affinity and the affinity gained if superscedes the current rank rolls over once the next rank is availiable. then on my account the MR 30 test becomes availiable and its taken then, then after completing the test the rewards for achieving the rank is granted.

i have some screen shots of players who have obtained the rank, and my account which clearly has leveled more, yet shows it falls just under the needed affinity to obtain the rank.

48orPJs.png

qrKbIJj.png

as ucan see all item in the game have been leveled. and yet the game says it almost 3k short affinity.

in these next two pics here is another players account that has leved nearly 4 less weapons, yet has the MR 30 rank.

R91Lsrv.png

MIQ5O48.png

The game records the account as having 587 ranked items out of 591. yet as you can see from my account having scrolled through and seeing i have maxed all the weapons it shows 590/590. additionally, having dived further i see it records this account as having 140 primary weapons availiable to master, and on my account only 139 primary weapons, having scrolled through line by line on the accounts i havent found any primary weapon this account has that mine doesnt have.

Important note: both accounts have max intrinsics in all categories, and all affinity gained from all missions. simply put these accounts have everything the same, except for some reason the game has placed a descrepency between the two.

Edit notes:

Affinity is additionally lost via weapon mastery deletion. it was examined between the accounts and as stated above, the primary weapons between the 2 accounts shows one is 139 (my profile) and the other profile (140). on my account it appears it deleted my mastery of the Karak wraith. on update 26 was the date I removed the karak wraith from my inventory to make room for the kuva karak, simply because the kuva karak had better stats and felt it was unnecessary to keep inside my inventory, however, it appears the game has now de-levled my account and removed the weapon as part of my mastery. I would imagine i am not the only account to have lost the karak wraith affinity with this update.

DE please fix the affinity gain for MR 30.

2 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Not sure, but I thought the chamber only gave affinity once, regardless of primary/secondary slot? could be wrong tho.

Regardless your overview doesn't account for Intrinsics and Star Chart completion including Steel Path.

you are correct, i didnt mention the instrinics and missions. i didnt place this, as we are comparing two maxed accounts. we are under the assumption the number of levels and the intrinsics are both capped. and yes. I have not lost affinity for my intrinsics. I have completed all 3 star charts, normal, steel path, and rail jack. additionally have rank 10 in all 4 categories of rail jack intriniscs.

7 hours ago, (XB1)Vamma Takayn said:

you are correct, i didnt mention the instrinics and missions. i didnt place this, as we are comparing two maxed accounts. we are under the assumption the number of levels and the intrinsics are both capped. and yes. I have not lost affinity for my intrinsics. I have completed all 3 star charts, normal, steel path, and rail jack. additionally have rank 10 in all 4 categories of rail jack intriniscs.

Then there's definitely something off.

14 hours ago, (XB1)Vamma Takayn said:

Problem: primary kitguns show that they give affinity in the profile, yet they do not give affinity in game.

Primary kitguns do not grant MR XP if you've already ranked them as secondaries.  That would be double dipping.

The game records the account as having 587 ranked items out of 591. yet as you can see from my account having scrolled through and seeing i have maxed all the weapons it shows 590/590.

And there's the issue right there.  You're missing a weapon that they have.  The 4 they haven't max ranked are the primary kitguns that don't grant MR XP.  So, you're missing a weapon.  Did you get the new glass sword?  Do you have the Snipetron?  Have you done all the MK-1 weapons?

I'm afraid there is no easy way to figure this out, but I suggest you take a detailed look at their profile and at your own to see what they have that you don't have.

Affinity is additionally lost via weapon mastery deletion. it was examined between the accounts and as stated above, the primary weapons between the 2 accounts shows one is 139 (my profile) and the other profile (140). on my account it appears it deleted my mastery of the Karak wraith. on update 26 was the date I removed the karak wraith from my inventory to make room for the kuva karak, simply because the kuva karak had better stats and felt it was unnecessary to keep inside my inventory, however, it appears the game has now de-levled my account and removed the weapon as part of my mastery. I would imagine i am not the only account to have lost the karak wraith affinity with this update.

I doubt this is the case.  Does the Karak Wraith show up on your profile?  Is it showing as un-mastered?  Are you certain that you ranked it up?  Deleting other weapons does not remove the MR XP.

On 2020-10-29 at 6:03 AM, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Primary kitguns do not grant MR XP if you've already ranked them as secondaries.  That would be double dipping.

And there's the issue right there.  You're missing a weapon that they have.  The 4 they haven't max ranked are the primary kitguns that don't grant MR XP.  So, you're missing a weapon.  Did you get the new glass sword?  Do you have the Snipetron?  Have you done all the MK-1 weapons?

I'm afraid there is no easy way to figure this out, but I suggest you take a detailed look at their profile and at your own to see what they have that you don't have.

I doubt this is the case.  Does the Karak Wraith show up on your profile?  Is it showing as un-mastered?  Are you certain that you ranked it up?  Deleting other weapons does not remove the MR XP.

so like i said before this is a maxed account it has had every thing literally i went line by line in the fandom for weapons a long time ago and you can tell from the profile pics all those have been completed. i maxed the karak wraith a long time ago (about 1 year ago). I made room for the kuva karak with update 26. and yes, normally deleting an item from your inventory doe not remove affinity, unless de comes out with a piece of new software notorious for deleting memory. no the karak wraith did not show up in my profile as greyed out. this usually occurs when the player hasn't come acrossed the weapon. we did just get an update when memory consumption was reduced and DE said memory transfer issues and full accounts could get lost in the transfer. i was able to get another karak wraith, but its annoying that i had to to begin with. I haven't come across other players with the same issue, mostly because either a) they held on to the weapon, or B) didnt like the weapon and had no desire to get it. and DE is very buggy when you get to this MR you have seen about anything turn into a bug. affinity has been a major issue in the past few updates. take example the necra mechs. for about 3 weeks on xbox if you had a necramech it would loose all affinity gained for it as soon as it blew up. typically affinity is only lossed on revive (you literally spend the affinity to revive). but with necra mechs it lost affinity when it blew up, respawned the necramech in via gear wheel, and if you didn't walk to extraction the necramechs  would loose all affinity gained in mission. this contrasts with the k-drive as the k-drive can be spawned in multiple times and never loose affinity. these updates have been the bane of affinity.

11 hours ago, (XB1)Vamma Takayn said:

so like i said before this is a maxed account it has had every thing literally i went line by line in the fandom for weapons a long time ago and you can tell from the profile pics all those have been completed.

I even went to your profile and looked myself and compared it to mine.  I did find that there was no Karak Wraith on your profile.  And, as you say, this happens when one has not used a weapon in the past.  I see you're saying you have used it - is it possible that you're mistaken?

You can rank it up (as you seem to) and/or send in a ticket if you're certain you ranked it in the past and would like for support to take a look.

On 2020-11-04 at 4:13 AM, (XBOX)R3d P01nt said:

I even went to your profile and looked myself and compared it to mine.  I did find that there was no Karak Wraith on your profile.  And, as you say, this happens when one has not used a weapon in the past.  I see you're saying you have used it - is it possible that you're mistaken?

You can rank it up (as you seem to) and/or send in a ticket if you're certain you ranked it in the past and would like for support to take a look.

I know I am not mistaken update 26 was a big announcement to my clan. if you remember from the update before DE's memory reduction for the game often can lead to loss of account information and sometimes the whole account. this is the 3rd update I have seen where a "redownload of the game" has occurred. I have reranked the weapon since, but I shouldn't have had to which is the problem and the primary point of this article. and this is the bug report as the post indicates. I didn't see a DE mega thread on the memory update so I left this post here instead as a bug report hoping a MOD will see it.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Vamma Takayn said:

I didn't see a DE mega thread on the memory update so I left this post here instead as a bug report hoping a MOD will see it.

You don't need a mod to see it.  You want DE to see it.  Luckily for all of us, they do look at the bug reports, so it's been seen.

Archived