Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove the "The Helminth is ready... " lie from the in game log in loading screen.

KaneOfAble

The Helminth is locked behoind an activity many players avoid doing at all, and as a result of that wall of no fun it is locked under many players will never have it nor play that part of the game at all.

So please stop up selling it. "The Helminth is ready... " implies it is in the ship and active. Not locked inactive. Honestly every time I see that LIE!!! I lose any will to bother waiting on the screen to load. I will NEVER EVER EVER do the conservation, so unless you have an update to remove that need please stop the up sale.

5 hours ago, (NSW)KaneOfAble said:

The Helminth is locked behoind an activity many players avoid doing at all

They do?

I'm not even sure what 'activity' you mean. Playing the game, collecting materials and rep with a faction like you do in many places to advance?

6 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

They do?

I'm not even sure what 'activity' you mean. Playing the game, collecting materials and rep with a faction like you do in many places to advance?

Conservation, and it's pretty obvious if you've been paying even the slightest attention to the forums after Deimos' release. That was never mandatory before and nobody that I know has ever done it for fun.

52 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

Conservation, and it's pretty obvious if you've been paying even the slightest attention to the forums after Deimos' release. That was never mandatory before and nobody that I know has ever done it for fun.

Fair enough. I guess I've tuned out that noise for the most part since I got it done weeks ago. The birds spawning inside the terrain is definitely a pain in the butt but I got the rest of them done while doing other things instead of hyper-focusing on it all in one go. IMHO too many people pick one task or group of related tasks and do nothing but that one thing over and over and burn themselves out and then get overly cranky about it. If people would do a little of this and then a little of that  to make progress they wouldn't make themselves so miserable. But that's just my opinion, man. *shrug*

13 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

Fair enough. I guess I've tuned out that noise for the most part since I got it done weeks ago. The birds spawning inside the terrain is definitely a pain in the butt but I got the rest of them done while doing other things instead of hyper-focusing on it all in one go. IMHO too many people pick one task or group of related tasks and do nothing but that one thing over and over and burn themselves out and then get overly cranky about it. If people would do a little of this and then a little of that  to make progress they wouldn't make themselves so miserable. But that's just my opinion, man. *shrug*

The problem here is that the people complaining (myself included) flat out hate conservation and would never do it at all if left to their own devices. Doing a little of this and a little of that would not help here, as we (read: me, the OP and all the others who hate it) wouldn't even consider doing animal tracking and since the specific animals needed (avichaeas) almost never spawn normally, they wouldn't even be found by accident (as you can with velocipods, vulpaphylas and predasites).

4 hours ago, rysithusiku said:

Hitting 11 things with a tranq gun (almost all of which can be easily spotted during normal play just by paying attention to your surroundings) is an insurmountable obstacle to you?

It is a glitch, not fun one. Even when this stuff works... it is not fun. It is a tossed in time gate that is just not fun. At one point flew around for an hour dong NOTHING but this and still have not one of the tags you need to rank. That was the point I just gave up on even playing Demos at all. Since have only been back one time to help a clan mate. 

People argue "it can be done"; the problem is it is still no fun, and you play the game to have fun, not to avoid fun to play a hunter simulator. Unless they lose the need to have tags or make them drop from bounties or vaults... unless that change is made I have zero interest in the area at all. You play to rank, and you can't rank or get the gear. Doing the same bounty 1000+ times to get the tags would be more fun than this mini game they are locked to.

It completely zaps any motivation to play the area at all knowing the whole point of it is something you wont get unless you give up on using your game time to enjoy your self.

Seems to be the trend as of late: Protea had the glaive, NW had the how many hours can we make you waste looking for 5 clues that spanned on a light so you cant see it, and Deimos had the force you to spend hours looking for 3 fish just to get rank run and forget it for Rank 3 and the Helminth which was the whole point of the area... 

Forcing people to do things they hate, NOT INTERESTED!!!

Archived