Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fissures Reactant Improvement

xombob89

Isnt it about time we got an improvement to the reactant collecting system in fissures? Now with Nezhas release, a lot of people are doing relic runs and I keep running in to the same old problem: Theres not enough reactant spawning if people play normally.

This has always been an issue, especially on endless modes but today I got it on mobile defense as well. Once the last console was defended, nothing spawned anymore and thus we had only 9 out of 10 reactant and after waiting for a while decided to extract. Usually related to the speed at which people kill things, but not always as was the case with this mobile defense mission.

Survival: If you kill things too quickly, chances are you wont find enough reactant because things dont get a chance to corrupt. Also sometimes, if people split up on the other sides of the map, the corruption ONLY follows one player and thus can result in only one player getting enough while others get nothing.

Disruption: Here people have to actively slow down gameplay and NOT activate conduits to make sure we get enough reactant. This is not only very boring, but also makes a lot of new players cause failed fissures because they just play the game as they would normally (which is not their fault) and thus nobody gets enough reactant.

Excavation: Same problem as Disruption, if you activate excavators too fast you wont get enough reactant, and also has the same problem as survival with team being split beetween multiple excavators.

Exterminate: On lower levels, theres just not enough enemies to get maximum reactant sometimes.

Defense: Again, if you kill things too quickly theres a high change you wont get enough. And you dont even need to rush with speed nova or something, just being efficent with any team can cause this.

Interception: Same problem with killing too fast. Instead of holding all points you have to let enemies capture points sometimes, actively slowing the game. This is not fun.

Capture and Sabotage seem to be the only ones where theres enough drops, sometimes you get 10 within 30 seconds. Why is it so much slower on every other gamemode?

There needs to be a way of making sure players get enough drops no matter how quickly they complete the mission. Simpliest way would be increasing the droprates of reactant CONSIDERABLY on all endless missions, but if thats out of the question at least give us some kind of "intermission" of 30-60 seconds or so where more corrupted spawn so everyone who doesnt yet have enough can get to 10 before the relics are opened. To clarify, I mean for example in survival, after 5 minutes there would be a 30s window of increased corrupted spawns UNTIL everyone has 10 reactant, then it would go to the rewards screen (and if everyone has 10 already there would be no extra waiting).

1 hour ago, xombob89 said:

nothing spawned anymore and thus we had only 9 out of 10 reactant and after waiting for a while decided to extract

Honestly I think that's the only Problem that needs fixing, make sure the Fissures actually spawns throughout the Mission

For everything else...you always have the choice to not blast everything in sight or rush the objectives

On 2020-11-02 at 5:03 PM, xombob89 said:

but today I got it on mobile defense as well. Once the last console was defended, nothing spawned anymore and thus we had only 9 out of 10 reactant and after waiting for a while decided to extract. 

This really need to be fixed in Fissures. Already had Moments where not enough enemies spawn or Fissures just cease t9 exist and none of our Relics would open and it’s very irritating. 

On 2020-11-03 at 2:40 AM, Traior246 said:

For everything else...you always have the choice to not blast everything in sight or rush the objectives

No you dont. You have 3 other teammates some of which never listen to what you say and keep on blasting. Only way to avoid this is play solo. And for some missions you dont even need to kill quickly to cause issues, like low level exterminate. Just kill them at normal pace and it can still fail.

Same with Disruption and Excavation, they can still also fail even if you kill nothing at all (except corrupted) simply by doing the objective itself at a normal pace set by the game design.

As of typing this, AGAIN we got only 9/10 reactant on a defense because the team happened to have ONE warframe able to nuke a bigger area at once (who wasnt me), and yesterday Disruption was 9/10 because someone triggered the last conduit "too soon" which is something especially new players do ALL THE TIME.

Why would you be against improving the game experience? I dont even care if they increased the time it takes to finish the mission as long as they GUARANTEE you can succeed by playing normally...

On 2020-11-05 at 5:45 AM, xombob89 said:

Why would you be against improving the game experience?

I personally see it as a Lesson new Players need to learn, that they do need to slow down a times
Since DE would have to rework the whole Fissure System if they're doing Guarantees

And Exterminate won't be an issue as long as Fissures do Spawn in continuously

• 3 weeks later...

Still same issue persists. Why cant we have a chance already PLEASE. Its been driving me nuts for YEARS now. Every time theres new prime release or Baro is here and a lot of people doing fissures theres multiple games daily where we fail to get 10 reactant for one reason or another and it would be an easy fix.

• 1 month later...

Still same issues.

Just did Lith rescue and enemies just stopped spawning after a certain point and nobody got enough reactant. Had to abort mission.

All players in the team then proceeded to talk how they would even prefer the old Void Keys system over this because at least it worked...

Archived