Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Martialis

b4dkarm4

Yes, logic.

1) Those cryopods are never stated as Warframe cryopods, thanks to DE's severe lack of lore we have no idea what's inside. The humanoid figure is just reused model known as 'Naked Nick', who used to be the old hostage rescue model. They put him in there because players wanted him back in the game somehow. We still don't know his purpose or who he actually is.

2) They already have. The berserker warframe was/is the first, albeit escaped, experiment.

3) Yes, but not at the expense of other Tenno who are vastly more important in the greater war effort. We can always come back to save the humans later, and it's better to have more Tenno on our side (rather than the Corpus' side) when we do. 

4) Every player in this game has been in stasis for over a millenia. What's your point? 

1) makes more sense not to save them >.>

2) That's hilarious

3) You just tried to compare different forms of life to another and state one was better, that's a major "no"

4) I'm pretty sure some of them might have been born rather then in stasis...

Edited by FoxRabbit

Now this is one thing I do not understand. Why do people think that the Zerker frame is in anyway related this event?

The livestreams say that it is connected to Alad's Zanuka Project, being the result of Corpus experimentation. That's why it has broken restraints and looks highly unnatural - digitigrade legs, skinned appearance, etc 

Yes, logic.

1) Those cryopods are never stated as Warframe cryopods

Yes they were.  They're constantly referred to as Tenno, ala the same cryopods the Lotus woke each of us from.  There is no ambiguity here.  Defeat the Corpus and we save those Tenno.

1) makes more sense not to save them >.>

2) That's hilarious

3) You just tried to compare different forms of life to anther and state one was better, that's a major "no"

4) I'm pretty sure some of them might have been born rather then in stasis...

1) Ask DE then.

2) Watch the Livestream.

3) Tenno cells have been wrecking Grineer and Corpus activity. What have the humans ever done? This isn't about the ethical worth of lives, it's about their military worth in the war.

4) -snorts- "born." Play the tutorial. 

EDIT: @Alrikin, I was referring to cryopods in the regular Defense missions. 

Edited by Darayas

The livestreams say that it is connected to Alad's Zanuka Project, being the result of Corpus experimentation. That's why it has broken restraints and looks highly unnatural - digitigrade legs, skinned appearance, etc 

Interesting, do you remember what time it was in the video/stream?

no one likes traitors

So you are calling me a traitor for making a decision I thought was morally right?

Edited by ParryDox

So you are calling me a traitor for making a decision I thought was morally right?

Think what you want, but leaving your fellow Tenno to die is nothing short of traitorous as you would expect them not to do the same to you.

or do  you?

Think what you want, but leaving your fellow Tenno to die is nothing short of traitorous as you would expect them not to do the same to you.

or do  you?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and thus morality is in the heart of the hero. If they value the lives of a sum of Tenno over a larger sum of people, then so be it. If my life has to be exchanged for the freedom of a sum of people, then so it goes.

"Selling" helpless Tenno, making "sales" on behalf of others without their consent or knowledge and making that "sale" for no apperant reason other then material gain is not "sacrifice". It is a "sale" or as I call it "treason".

The reason Grineer and Corpus coming as powerful as they are, is the collective incompetence of Origin System. They had a millenia to get themselves together after the Old War and they came up with Corpus and Grineer.

If they "demand" balance by keeping their Corpus opressors from being replaced with Grineer opressors, they will be dissapointed.

Edited by KONAir

I find it foolish for grineer simpathizers to waste so much time on just slowing down corpus on that mission. Especially since it also slows them from getting their orokin reactor

Mostly it is because

the event is more interesting if there is some level of conflict. Since we get a pretty cool reward regardless of victory it might as well be there. Martialis is just players creating a struggle because the struggle is more interesting then both factions cherry picking missions based on rewards alone. The event goes until the 30th, so there isn't any squeeze on time.

While I fight for the Corpus (for the most part) in the hopes that our brethren understand that we will get to them soon enough and the slaughter of innocents is too much blood for them to trade themselves.  In the end the Corpus are content with profit, the Grineer are only content to conquer.

There is a truth to the matter however.

Lotus wants us on both sides, as the Corpus and Grineer get more complacent with the Tenno in their ranks, it makes our real work that much easier.  We will have allot more free rein and by the time either side realises it it will be to late for them to do anything about it.

Edited by Loswaith

Mostly it is because

the event is more interesting if there is some level of conflict. Since we get a pretty cool reward regardless of victory it might as well be there. Martialis is just players creating a struggle because the struggle is more interesting then both factions cherry picking missions based on rewards alone. The event goes until the 30th, so there isn't any squeeze on time.

OK about the conflict potentially making it more interesting, at the same time the interest kind of fades when said conflicts winner is measured in pure endurace to grind for victory at nauseum. Totally not getting the people on here treating this as some sort of contest having any merits beyond the simple stacking of numbers and following rewards like sheep. The end effect of this event is disappointing to me... What's new simply being a community polarized over relatively meaningless faction alignments instead than core game issues. If this is DE's grand plan of adding lore and giving players moral choices, I give up *throws hands in the air*

If this is DE's grand plan of adding lore and giving players moral choices, I give up *throws hands in the air*

this does give players moral choices very nicely, you can kind of already see who are disloyal traitors just by reading the thread

Whichever Grineer supporter switched over to Corpus just because of a mere catalyst shall be declared traitors and be executed once the war is resolved. Our Loyalist  faction has no room for GREEDY traitors who only seek profit, for such behaviour is akin to the weak, boxheaded CORPUS!!! DEATH TO CORPUS!!! HEIL GRINEER!!!

this does give players moral choices very nicely, you can kind of already see who are disloyal traitors just by reading the thread

Moral choices? I'll happily point you towards Alpha Protocol, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer, Planescape: Torment, Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Fallout: New Vegas, Deus Ex, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dishonored, Red Dead Redemption (to an extent, the honor system) and even the inFamous series for what can actually put out a good moral choice system.