Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

new Corpus ship defense tile & exploit

sunderthefirmament

...takes too long for defense.  It's too big and the AI struggles with all of the verticality.  Enemies frequently just hang back and get stuck in weird areas, making each round drag on and on.

Some solutions:

• fix pathing
  • change spawn behavior to be closer to players and teleport distant enemies to players more frequently
  • limit sorties/nightmares/syndicates on this tile to 5 rounds
  • create a new tile that's closer in scope and layout to the tile this one replaced, saving the existing tile for interception alone

Oh and there's an area where players can go AFK and be completely safe while leeching off of their peers.  DE, you did your best to limit this on Hydron.  I can't imagine anyone would willingly farm this node, but it would still be great if it could be fixed.

Spoiler

m6Pcvjv.png

1 minute ago, Godzilla853 said:

it is recommended to not show the exploit and send it to support instead.

I removed the name and have reported it to support as well, along with the image.  However, I reported it for the player leeching and did not remove the name in that instance.  Should I also report this as an exploit?

18 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

...takes too long for defense.  It's too big and the AI struggles with all of the verticality.  Enemies frequently just hang back and get stuck in weird areas, making each round drag on and on.

Yep, just took 20 minutes on the sortie. On most maps it is roughly 1 minute per wave, here it was double that.

I like verticallity in missions, but it does not seem like a good idea when dealing with the current AI. If the AI/pathing was updated to handle verticallity better, I would be very happy to see more vertically expansive maps.

1 hour ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Some solutions:

• fix pathing
  • change spawn behavior to be closer to players and teleport distant enemies to players more frequently
  • limit sorties/nightmares/syndicates on this tile to 5 rounds
  • create a new tile that's closer in scope and layout to the tile this one replaced, saving the existing tile for interception alone

Oh and there's an area where players can go AFK and be completely safe while leeching off of their peers.  DE, you did your best to limit this on Hydron.  I can't imagine anyone would willingly farm this node, but it would still be great if it could be fixed.

Hide contents

m6Pcvjv.png

Unless they are constantly shooting up flares, they ain't leeching anything if they are more than 50 meters away.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Unless they are constantly shooting up flares, they ain't leeching anything if they are more than 50 meters away.

What a peculiar thing to say.

They're leeching progress on a miserable mission to play (today's sortie), and slowing it down for the other players.  I don't mind leeching affinity much, as DE seems to incentivize it with the way affinity from kills scored by other players is distributed.  Where leeching bugs me is during bounties and stuff like this.  They still get the rewards despite not really contributing or increasing the team's efficiency.

Archived