Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please make a canine based frame

(PSN)TertulSee

Well, I have a concept too. Lukan! The wolf survivalist/scavenger frame. He has a dog, the dog loots enemies and corpses for him and stuff. Pretty simple, but also a frame that survives very well because of his bond with his dog.

Made up stats are made up and are probably not balanced. Due to this, please take them with a grain of salt. I included stats to give a certain feel on how powerful the abilities should be.

Stats:

Spoiler

Shield: 75 (225 at rank 30)

HP: 100 (300 at rank 30)

Armor: 30

Energy: 100 (150 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed: 1.2

Passive: Scrappy

Lukan has a pet Kubrow that will occasionally (every 10 seconds) steal orbs (50% each) from enemies and bring it to him. Each time he picks up loot, any orb, or any metal shard he and Scrappy will gain 10 armor. This stacks up to 97 and lasts until the mission ends. 

Spoiler

This will eventually grant Lukan and Scrappy 1000 armor each. This doesn't scale with mods but 1000 armor is a lot. Yeah it takes a while to stack up but this frame is a scavenger living off the bare minimum to survive. This also makes it seem he's getting better the further the mission goes. Also synergises well with Health Conversion.

Scrappy Attack

Lukan commands Scrappy to attack more viciously. When this ability is activated, Scrappy gets a large damage buff and will run in and attack every enemy in sight. Each landed attack will chain lightning and hit other enemies. The first attack landed per enemy (even chains) will also have a 30% chance to drop more loot. 

Made up stats

Spoiler

Power Strength: Grants 100/150/200/250% more damage as electricity damage and grants Scrappy +100% crit chance. Each attack will create lightning that will hit up to 2/3/4/5 additional targets.

Power Duration: 10/14/18/22 seconds

Power Range: Chains to the closest enemy within 10/15/20/25m

Costs 25 Energy

Comments

Spoiler

Well, this is meant to be his farming ability. It's not quite automatic but it makes sure you get to build up stacks faster. Scrappy's scavenging only creates in mission resources but not actual loot! This makes him a decent pick for farming at least. Also, it makes Scrappy actually do meaningful damage!

Territorial Aggression

Lukan places a trap that will immobilize any enemy that comes within the area. Enemies in the are can not move but they can still attack. While Scrappy Attack is active, this will make Scrappy focus on targets within the trap immediately. Enemies in the trap will also all take damage from Scrappy's lightning regardless of the chain maximum.

Made up stats

Spoiler

Power Strength: Deals 10/15/20/25 puncture damage when they enter the trap and 100/150/200/250 electricity damage every second after.

Power Duration: Trap lasts for 12/16/20/24 seconds

Power Range: Traps enemies in a 10/15/20/25m around the trap.

Costs 50 Energ

Comments

Spoiler

More synergy with Scrappy. It's going to be the theme of this frame but this is his quick CC ability. It roots enemies in place and makes them unable to move so that Scrappy can have easy pickings on enemies trapped in it. Since Scrappy is such an integral role in his kit (and his life), it would only make sense that he would do his part to help his pup kill more enemies.

Synergy

Lukan and Scrappy work together in unison. While this ability is active, Lukan's shots and attacks will prompt Scrappy to attack those targets. Scrappy and Lukan will also take damage and heal on each other's behalf. Whenever Scrappy takes damage, it will be reduced greatly and inflict a small portion on to Lukan and vice versa. This will also make Scrappy follow Lukan unless he attacks a target. If the enemy leaves an area around Lukan, Scrappy will stop attack that target. Scrappy is can go down but can not die when this ability is active.

Made up stats

Spoiler

Power Strength: Grants 60/70/80/90% damage reduction on Lukan and Scrappy but also redirects 10/9/8/7% of the damage dealt to the other. Any healing Lukan or Scrappy receives will be applied to the other regardless of range. 

Power Range: Scrappy will attack targets within 70m of Lukan. However, if the targeted enemy is farther than 70m, Scrappy will not focus on that target.

Costs 25 Energy +5 Energy per second

Comments

Spoiler

An ability that literally is Synergy. This is the ability that this frame kinda needs to keep him and his pet alive. Not only does he have massive damage reduction from his armor, he gains even more from his pet. Since there are so many mods that passively heal pets (namely Kubrows), this makes Lukan and Scrappy nearly invincible. This is kinda the point. He's supposed to be really tanky because this frame is about doing anything to survive. While he's not quite completely invincible, he does have a lot of ways to prevent him or his pet from taking too much damage.

Scavenge

Lukan places a powerful magnet on the floor that will remove his stacks of armor but also remove the armor and shields of nearby enemies. He loses 5 stacks every second. This ability will last until he's out of stacks. Enemies nearby will to pulled to the magnet (regardless if they have armor/shield or not) will constantly lose armor. Enemies that have armor/shields will also drop metal shards which will grant Lukan armor after the ability expires. Infested enemies will also be radiation proc'd. 

Made up stats

Spoiler

Power Strength: Deals 500/550/600/650 magnetic damage per second (that scales with enemy level). Removes 10/15/20/25% of enemies' current shield/armor per second permanently. Each Metal Shard grants 2 stacks of armor.

Power Duration: Enemies generate armor shards every 3 seconds as long as they have armor.

Power Range: 25/30/35/40m

Costs 100 Energy + 5 armor stacks per second. (yes, it can be canceled early)

Comments

Spoiler

This is basically Vortex but much larger and with armor stripping and damage. Albeit, it's magnetic damage so it's not going to do that much but it's still a nice amount of damage. This makes it easier for you and your pets to take down enemies in droves. It also kinda serves to be kinda like Khora but in a much more simple and solo oriented way. In case you haven't noticed, this frame is probably going to be a super tanky solo frame. There's barely any support capabilities beside helping Scrappy. It's about the two working well with each other and no one else. It's a survivalist/scavenger frame. It's supposed to do what the title says it does.  What better way to scavenge stuff when it's all clumped up together? 

To sum it up, Lukan (and Scrappy) are an inseparable pair that rely on each other to survive. Lukan kinda does most of the work while Scrappy is there to clean up. These two are meant to work with each other to achieve maximum effectiveness. While some may say that it's kinda like Khora, it's meant to sorta be similar but different since he's more solo oriented. While he could be somewhat helpful in a group, his usefulness is more on the user and his dog than it is for the rest of the group. 

Trivia: 

Spoiler

I made this based more on Borderlands 3's Fl4k than anything else but with less sniper and more survival. His dog's name is sorta named after Scraptrap. 

His name is a combination of Lupus (which means wolf in latin) and Lycan but with the 'c' replaced with 'k' to get correct pronunciation.

I really want a frame that focuses on dogs since everyone seems to be forced to like cats in Warframe. I want dogs to get love too.

Yeah Kubrowframes in various flavors are probably one of the most highly-requested themes on this forum, and even I'm still a little surprised that one hasn't been made yet.

Honestly though Kubrows do need a bit of a buff to let them compete with Kavats at this point. If they can't match utility they should at least excel in base stats or direct offense. Maybe even let you issue commands they can follow which Kavats (other than Venari) won't have.

No, thanks.

Lorewise it doesn't make a lot of sense:

Spoiler

Why would the Orokin create a warframe based on kubrows if the kubrows existed and could potentially be better ?

Back on the Old War the Orokin wanted war machines, things with the ability to either tank or kill groups of enemies efficiently, the Orokin created Kubrows too and the Tenno adopted them as war companionsbut they were not weapons they were just a plus to the Tenno, sure Khora has her own pet but she didn't relied on Venari to do nothing. As for a warframe that can transform into an animal it makes even less sense unless it was a dragon or something like that, the Orokin wouldn't create something ugly so partial transformations are discarded and, what about enitire transformations? why don't keep the warframe base form but having the qualities of an animal, Chroma and his Effigy, Valkyr and her Talons, Zephyr and her flight, Rhino and his strenght, you see there is no need to make such a thing.

And neither from a gameplay perspective: 

Spoiler

You may think: but it is better to have both on one, no, it isn't. A warframe that transforms into a dog is kind of useless since you will have no weapons, the abilities would be rare and maybe will be bite here, special animation there, well,  nothing that a kubrow can't do and overall limits the way to play, and a warframe that have abilities based on the connection pet-master is useless right now cuz almost all the pets are underpowered and even so, if the new pet system arrives, these frames will have no use since everyone could do that with better pets (e.g. Panzer Vulpaphyla)

So instead a pet-warframe or a warframe with special pet, it would be better if we had actually good pets.

4 hours ago, VoidArkhangel said:

No, thanks.

Lorewise it doesn't make a lot of sense:

Hide contents

Why would the Orokin create a warframe based on kubrows if the kubrows existed and could potentially be better ?

Back on the Old War the Orokin wanted war machines, things with the ability to either tank or kill groups of enemies efficiently, the Orokin created Kubrows too and the Tenno adopted them as war companionsbut they were not weapons they were just a plus to the Tenno, sure Khora has her own pet but she didn't relied on Venari to do nothing. As for a warframe that can transform into an animal it makes even less sense unless it was a dragon or something like that, the Orokin wouldn't create something ugly so partial transformations are discarded and, what about enitire transformations? why don't keep the warframe base form but having the qualities of an animal, Chroma and his Effigy, Valkyr and her Talons, Zephyr and her flight, Rhino and his strenght, you see there is no need to make such a thing.

And neither from a gameplay perspective: 

Hide contents

You may think: but it is better to have both on one, no, it isn't. A warframe that transforms into a dog is kind of useless since you will have no weapons, the abilities would be rare and maybe will be bite here, special animation there, well,  nothing that a kubrow can't do and overall limits the way to play, and a warframe that have abilities based on the connection pet-master is useless right now cuz almost all the pets are underpowered and even so, if the new pet system arrives, these frames will have no use since everyone could do that with better pets (e.g. Panzer Vulpaphyla)

So instead a pet-warframe or a warframe with special pet, it would be better if we had actually good pets.

Did you even read the concept part? Nothing in the concept says anything about transforming into a dog or something useless like that. I think this frame fits in the lore perfectly. Probably a frame that originally had the ability bind with animals but ended up with a companion dog for life. He also has abilities that kinda controls the Kubrow to be better. He was probably abandoned during the war and was left to survive on his own. His concept isn’t just Kubrow frame. He’s a survivalist more than a frame that is a Kubrow or can turn into one. This type of frame would make sense since this frame can still be very powerful.

hace 7 minutos, (PSN)TertulSee dijo:

Did you even read the concept part? Nothing in the concept says anything about transforming into a dog or something useless like that. I think this frame fits in the lore perfectly. Probably a frame that originally had the ability bind with animals but ended up with a companion dog for life. He also has abilities that kinda controls the Kubrow to be better. He was probably abandoned during the war and was left to survive on his own. His concept isn’t just Kubrow frame. He’s a survivalist more than a frame that is a Kubrow or can turn into one. This type of frame would make sense since this frame can still be very powerful.

Did you even read all my post? I clearly said a warframe that transforms into a dog and a warframe that have abilities based on the connection pet-master.

hace 5 horas, VoidArkhangel dijo:

and a warframe that have abilities based on the connection pet-master is useless right now cuz almost all the pets are underpowered and even so, if the new pet system arrives, these frames will have no use since everyone could do that with better pets (e.g. Panzer Vulpaphyla)

And this part refers to this warframe in the lore:

hace 5 horas, VoidArkhangel dijo:

Back on the Old War the Orokin wanted war machines, things with the ability to either tank or kill groups of enemies efficiently, the Orokin created Kubrows too and the Tenno adopted them as war companions but they were not weapons they were just a plus to the Tenno, sure Khora has her own pet but she didn't relied on Venari to do nothing.

1 minute ago, VoidArkhangel said:

Did you even read all my post? I clearly said a warframe that transforms into a dog and a warframe that have abilities based on the connection pet-master.

And this part refers to this warframe in the lore:

The point is not that he is a frame based on a dog. He just has an animal companion that happens to be a dog that he’s grown to work well with. Also, there’s nothing in your previous post about a frame that works with an animals and it seems you were very insistent that this is a frame about transforming into a Kubrow or something.

Also, it doesn’t mean the Orokin couldn’t have made a frame based on dogs. They wouldn’t make it based on Kubrows but it didn’t exclude frames based on the wolves back in the human era or something like that.  I don’t understand why you would be so opposed to having a frame based on dogs because it does make sense that they would make a frame based on the age old companion of their ancestors. Yeah there’s no real proof that they were related to human but they made a frame based on dragons, a human myth and Atlas, another human myth. It would definitely make sense if they made a frame based on canines.

hace 4 minutos, (PSN)TertulSee dijo:

The point is not that he is a frame based on a dog. He just has an animal companion that happens to be a dog that he’s grown to work well with. Also, there’s nothing in your previous post about a frame that works with an animals and it seems you were very insistent that this is a frame about transforming into a Kubrow or something.

Also, it doesn’t mean the Orokin couldn’t have made a frame based on dogs. They wouldn’t make it based on Kubrows but it didn’t exclude frames based on the wolves back in the human era or something like that.  I don’t understand why you would be so opposed to having a frame based on dogs because it does make sense that they would make a frame based on the age old companion of their ancestors. Yeah there’s no real proof that they were related to human but they made a frame based on dragons, a human myth and Atlas, another human myth. It would definitely make sense if they made a frame based on canines.

"Back on the Old War the Orokin wanted war machines, things with the ability to either tank or kill groups of enemies efficiently, the Orokin created Kubrows too and the Tenno adopted them as war companionsbut they were not weapons they were just a plus to the Tenno, sure Khora has her own pet but she didn't relied on Venari to do nothing... why don't keep the warframe base form but having the qualities of an animal, Chroma and his Effigy, Valkyr and her Talons, Zephyr and her flight, Rhino and his strenght, you see there is no need to make such a thing."

"...and a warframe that have abilities based on the connection pet-master is useless right now cuz almost all the pets are underpowered and even so, if the new pet system arrives, these frames will have no use since everyone could do that with better pets (e.g. Panzer Vulpaphyla)"

"So instead a pet-warframe or a warframe with special pet, it would be better if we had actually good pets."

It seems like the system doesn't show my quotes or spoilers so there you have, the point is that you are not reading I covered both cases, I was not insistent about this being a dog-frame I say that both cases are/would be useless and doesn't make sense because we already have Kubrows that are "descendants" of dogs that are "descendants" of wolves and they are pets with personal abilities that follow warframes with personal abilitities and makes an almost perfect balance between a clunky spotter/neutralizer pet and a fast and agile master instead of a puppeteer that relies in his pet to survive, could be the case but I don't think the Orokin allowed it.

It would make a lot more sense if the Orokin created a Kubrow species based on myths like the Cerberus.

38 minutes ago, VoidArkhangel said:

It seems like the system doesn't show my quotes or spoilers so there you have, the point is that you are not reading I covered both cases, I was not insistent about this being a dog-frame I say that both cases are/would be useless and doesn't make sense because we already have Kubrows that are "descendants" of dogs that are "descendants" of wolves and they are pets with personal abilities that follow warframes with personal abilitities and makes an almost perfect balance between a clunky spotter/neutralizer pet and a fast and agile master instead of a puppeteer that relies in his pet to survive, could be the case but I don't think the Orokin allowed it.

While I did read it, it seems like you’re not getting the point. Why do you insist that such a frame would be useless when DE can literally change anything or come up with some explanation for a frame like this to exist? Kubrows are kinda in a useless state which I did mention which was why I even bothered to make a frame like this. The point was to make a frame that made Kubrows actually useful and survivable. 

42 minutes ago, VoidArkhangel said:

and a warframe that have abilities based on the connection pet-master is useless right now cuz almost all the pets are underpowered and even so, if the new pet system arrives, these frames will have no use since everyone could do that with better pets (e.g. Panzer Vulpaphyla)

Yes, I read it. Here’s proof. The point was that you insisted that this is an animal based frame which it sorta is but it’s not meant to be reliant on the pet. It’s purpose is to use the pet for survival and the mutual trust that they have for each other. He does not control the pet, they just trust each other for their own survival. Yes, I could make this a frame where he uses his abilities for just survival alone and that would fit in perfectly. However he adopted a dog that became a part of his life along the way. This frame is supposed to have a use as a frame that tanks and caters to solo players. DE hasn’t made a frame like this for a good while. Pet or no pet, it’s still a viable concept. You were completely insistent on this frame being a Kubrow frame where it reality it could just as easily be a survivalist frame concept that happens to have a dog. Yes, a lot of his abilities work together well with the dog and it’s mostly there for the added benefit rather than making him solely reliant on the dog.  

The point of the title was because I had no real other title that would be interesting anyways. This is the concept for a frame that I thought would be cute but now you had to just come in and give me doubt that such a frame would never exist because of stupid lore that we don’t even know much about. There’s many creative ways to make it lore friendly yet you refuse to even consider it. 

hace 2 horas, (PSN)TertulSee dijo:

Yes, I read it. Here’s proof. The point was that you insisted that this is an animal based frame which it sorta is but it’s not meant to be reliant on the pet. It’s purpose is to use the pet for survival and the mutual trust that they have for each other. He does not control the pet, they just trust each other for their own survival. Yes, I could make this a frame where he uses his abilities for just survival alone and that would fit in perfectly. However he adopted a dog that became a part of his life along the way. This frame is supposed to have a use as a frame that tanks and caters to solo players. DE hasn’t made a frame like this for a good while. Pet or no pet, it’s still a viable concept. You were completely insistent on this frame being a Kubrow frame where it reality it could just as easily be a survivalist frame concept that happens to have a dog. Yes, a lot of his abilities work together well with the dog and it’s mostly there for the added benefit rather than making him solely reliant on the dog.  

The point is that you don't want to see, first let me be clear I did not insist in this being a dog-frame I said that these concepts (that are similar) are/would be useless

Second, there is no way (at least I can think of) where the warframe doesn't rely on its pet, surely you can say that some ability will boost both or both will do something but in almost all the scenarios it would be the same as equiping a Kubrow with the difference that your abilities are the same as the pet's

hace 2 horas, (PSN)TertulSee dijo:

While I did read it, it seems like you’re not getting the point. Why do you insist that such a frame would be useless when DE can literally change anything or come up with some explanation for a frame like this to exist? Kubrows are kinda in a useless state which I did mention which was why I even bothered to make a frame like this. The point was to make a frame that made Kubrows actually useful and survivable. 

Third and this is important, a new pet system is coming and its almost a fact that the Kubrows will be better so the Kubrows will be useful, will have survivability (I hope) and we will be able to "tell" them what ability to use whenever we want so, this warframe, will have the same utility as any other rank 0 warframe with a Kubrow so this means: I'm sorry but we already have/will have SOONTM what you are proposing and its actually better.

I know, it's disgusting that someone tells you that your idea is useless but mate, don't try to close your eyes, see what else you could improve, for example, I'm telling you that a warframe that relies in a pet is useless, well then think what could actually fit in what you want and what I want (sort of).

Let's take Khora for example, she has Venari wich is a very special Kavat but she doesn't entirely needs her so, what about a warframe that can summon three pets (is just an example) with one ability, the other three abilities are the frame's personal abilities but with that ability you can summon an eagle, a shark and a wolf, every pet has their unique abilities and they are self-dependant so they can cast their abilities whenever they want, once a pet is summoned the options of the ability swaps from the pet you can summon to the ability the pet can summon. And the other frame's abilities are idk a impalement, Thor's hammer and the Tombstone Piledriver idk its just an example but, see what I'm refering to? cut out the you insisted- cut out, I told you that this already existed, you still want something like this? then make it unique.

3 hours ago, VoidArkhangel said:

make it unique.

First of all, I'm not going to go through the entire forum looking for concepts that look exactly like mine. I was assuming I made a unique frame. 

3 hours ago, VoidArkhangel said:

I know, it's disgusting that someone tells you that your idea is useless but mate, don't try to close your eyes, see what else you could improve, for example, I'm telling you that a warframe that relies in a pet is useless, well then think what could actually fit in what you want and what I want (sort of).

If you're telling me it's useless, what's the point if you're not going to provide any useful feedback? All you've done is be toxic and tell me that this concept is never going to make because of so and so reason. So what? You don't have to barge in and say that it's useless and crush the little bit of hope I have. I make concepts because it's fun to, not because I have to. It may disgust you but it's just a frame that I thought would be a cool and fun frame to play as. I never expected this frame to be the next big meta or something. It was a cute concept that I thought would be fun. I simply wanted more attention to be put on dogs since DE keeps making cats stupidly OP. If you feel so obligated to crush everyone's hopes for no reason, then please make your own concept. Yes, I do realize it's hopeless like the bunch of concepts I've already post on this forum but I just do this for fun because I like Warframe and it's concept. Please refrain from telling me it's hopeless and actually try to help. Thank you.

hace 12 horas, (PSN)TertulSee dijo:

First of all, I'm not going to go through the entire forum looking for concepts that look exactly like mine. I was assuming I made a unique frame. 

I'm not telling you that, I am telling you that look for the same thing on the game, if it is on the game then change it.

hace 12 horas, (PSN)TertulSee dijo:

If you're telling me it's useless, what's the point if you're not going to provide any useful feedback? All you've done is be toxic and tell me that this concept is never going to make because of so and so reason. So what? You don't have to barge in and say that it's useless and crush the little bit of hope I have. I make concepts because it's fun to, not because I have to. It may disgust you but it's just a frame that I thought would be a cool and fun frame to play as. I never expected this frame to be the next big meta or something. It was a cute concept that I thought would be fun. I simply wanted more attention to be put on dogs since DE keeps making cats stupidly OP. If you feel so obligated to crush everyone's hopes for no reason, then please make your own concept. Yes, I do realize it's hopeless like the bunch of concepts I've already post on this forum but I just do this for fun because I like Warframe and it's concept. Please refrain from telling me it's hopeless and actually try to help. Thank you.

Didn't knew it was toxic to say the truth but I could tell you in another "soft" way, it may look like I want to crush you but that's not my intention, my apologies.

Anyways, I already gave you what I think would work for both so let's stop making a storm in a glass of water and actually make a better warframe shall we?

Archived