Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Screen stuck at please wait when trying to join a squad

--MEG--

As the title said, when I try to join some squads, screen get stuck on "please wait", I fail to join that squad for unknown reason, it happen quiet often I don't know why.

I hope DE will make the necessary efforts to fix this issue soon. Many players are suffering from the same problem.

I had this happen a lot as well. And it would keep buggin out no mater if i relaunched the game or deleted the appdata/local/warframe folder. The "easy" way to fix it for me was to reinstall the game from the redist files. I never figured out what did it. It would work one second and be broke the next. Tbh it made me shut down the game and not play some times.

Just now it happend again and this time I think I know what happened to make it bug out whatever it is that is responsible for grouping up. I hope the Dev's are able to reproduce this and find a fix. I have two screens and right after i clicked the a node and when it was doing the countdown thing I clicked out of the  game on my second monitor. thats it.. did nothing else. I had (reinstalling again) the game set to full screen windowed.

I was/am quite frustrated about this and am willing to help test or provide more info if needed. I will update if I find out I was wrong. Or if I find more info on what is causing it for me.

This has also happened to me twice in the last two days,once i started a public sortie,it showed infinite please wait,i force closed the game using alt f4,yesterday,i was looking to level some gear,started matchmaking for a public hydron lobby,it put me in a squad and started transitioning form the star chart to loading screen,during this transition,it got stuck in a black screen with some of the star chart UI,i was able to see my quests,alerts,void fissure,etc but when i clicked them it said that i cannot start another mission vote while one was in progress,dont know whats causing this,but the only way to fix it for me,i found is using alt f4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I can play only solo, not like others here who said that it takes them few times until they join or just cant host.

I cant join squads or host them, and whenever I try to join someone the game becomes stuck on "Please Wait...." screen, the only way for me to stop the infinite loading is Alt+F4, waited for more then 2 hours and still was stuck.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Le 16/04/2021 à 17:30, ZaggieZag a dit :

It happens to me with my friend, and only with him and I'm getting quite frustrated. Seems like he can't join me either, although he's not stuck on please wait, it just kicks him out, while I'm stuck infinitely.

exactly the same for me

• 1 month later...

This happen to me today. Restart game, restart system, restart network and also delete the Warframe data folder. None of them work for me, Maybe I should reinstall the game file.

If reinstall can solve this problem I'll update here.

Update: I can join open squad now! 😝 (7/1/2021 morning)

again☹️(7/28/2021)

• 3 weeks later...

So I have been on a hiatus from WF for some time, and returned recently to find out that I also now have that issue...

I tested a few things out. Turns out that, at least for me this comes from using a VPN... the same VPN I have been using for a long time now, and never experienced this bug before. It used to be that I had the exact same experience with WF regardles of my VPN, but now I get perfect connectivity to squads with VPN OFF, but can't connect to anyone with it ON. I tried connecting to a variety of countries, including contries of people I managed to connect with today (when I turned the VPN off), and my actual home country, from which I don't even have lag with VPN off - still the result is the same every time:

VPN off > perfect connection

VPN on > stuck forever on the "Please wait" screen.

Considering that I personally have only seen VPN creating issues with connecting to online games ONLY when the game was developed/ published by a chinese company, I SERIOUSLY hope this has nothing to do with the damn Tencent deal...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
2021/4/16 PM11点30分 , ZaggieZag 说:

这发生在我和我的朋友身上,只有他和我很沮丧。好像他也不能加入我,虽然他没有卡住请稍等,只是把他踢出去,而我无限卡住。

me too ,so that i can not play with my friend TAT😭

• 2 weeks later...

Happened to me yesterday, too, and again today. Tried turning my VPN off, since I remember having trouble logging into the game with a VPN connection some time ago, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I hadn't played Warframe much in the last year or so. Came back to farm Nidus Prime with a friend. Some times we get this problem and sometimes we do not. It never used to happen. Nothing has changed on our ends as far as we know. I am behind a strict NAT because I'm using a 4g connection and it's my only option where I live, but this never used to be a problem. edit: To clarify, other than using a VPN, I will always have a strict nat warning because it's not my home network configuration that's the problem, it's just the way MVNOs are I believe. I do remember Rebecca once mentioning that they forward packets or something so that people with a strict NAT can still play. I'm curious if they changed something about that in the last year or so?

I tried the cloudflare warp thing mentioned above. It removed my strict nat warning when logging in, but unfortunately we still got stuck with please wait either when he tries to join me or I try to join him. Yesterday we were playing together. Today we can't. No logical reason as to what is different. One time it happened and re-logging let us play together. Today we've both tried that multiple times and nothing. 

edit: we finally were able to play together either just randomly like yesterday or because I kept changing settings in my router and it finally worked. I still get the strict NAT warning every login, but we were able to group again regardless. I'm not sure if I used to get the nat-pmp warning as well, but I was getting that in addition to strict NAT earlier and was able to get that to go away fiddling around with settings in my router, so that might have been the main problem. It also now says upnp malfunctioning, but that doesn't seem to matter. 🤷‍♂️I have upnp on in the router and it shows having correctly automatically forwarded ports for Warframe, but I added them manually as well for the hell of it.

Archived