Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't update

Jadous

Question

Unfortunately I can't update warframe with the 9 gb update because my internet connection is unstable and it cuts out for a few seconds every few hours. Basically I would download 5-8 gbs and then have to start over from 0 because the game client doesn't let me download from where I left. Is there a way to download the update through steam instead of wf client? Or maybe there should be checkpoints like every 5 gbs. Idk what to do I have tried updating for a week now

7 answers to this question

20 hours ago, Jadous said:

Will that work for my specific case? Also ty

It will involve installing from scratch but it is the only way to download in parts as the launcher can't do it. Steam downloads an older version of the game (not sure if that can be paused) and then the regular launcher is used for the rest of the updates but I don't know how recent that older version is. It was a couple of weeks old the last time I tried but that was months ago.

On 2020-11-28 at 11:00 AM, Shalath said:

It will involve installing from scratch but it is the only way to download in parts as the launcher can't do it. Steam downloads an older version of the game (not sure if that can be paused) and then the regular launcher is used for the rest of the updates but I don't know how recent that older version is. It was a couple of weeks old the last time I tried but that was months ago.

I'm still to this day unable to update for that exact reason rip 😔

On 2020-11-26 at 2:34 PM, Jadous said:

Unfortunately I can't update warframe with the 9 gb update because my internet connection is unstable and it cuts out for a few seconds every few hours. Basically I would download 5-8 gbs and then have to start over from 0 because the game client doesn't let me download from where I left. Is there a way to download the update through steam instead of wf client? Or maybe there should be checkpoints like every 5 gbs. Idk what to do I have tried updating for a week now

I didn't see this when you first posted it.  In the launcher, at the upper right corner, there is a gear icon.  Click it to open the launcher settings.   There is a setting called Bulk Download.  It will have a checkbox beside it.  Unckeck that.       Bulk download makes it download the entire update as one chunk.  With it unchecked,  it will download each piece of the update seperately,  which might help you. 

On 2020-12-06 at 8:33 AM, hyzmarca said:

I didn't see this when you first posted it.  In the launcher, at the upper right corner, there is a gear icon.  Click it to open the launcher settings.   There is a setting called Bulk Download.  It will have a checkbox beside it.  Unckeck that.       Bulk download makes it download the entire update as one chunk.  With it unchecked,  it will download each piece of the update seperately,  which might help you. 

Yes it actually worked I turned off bulk and agressive download and it became alot slower but it would save where it stopped and it continued. Thanks again. Hope this thread helps someone

Archived