Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

5 Best Warframes To Keep?

Pianoman7117

Question

Hey guys, so for warframes I've been playing them and selling them if I don't like them, and now I'm starting to look at a potential end game for my characters and am wondering what is considered to be the best, right now I have:

Ash: plan on replacing don't know what with yet

Banshee: Probably the only warframe I intend to keep

Rhino:plan on replacing with frost prime as a better tank

Loki:He's alright but might replace

Vauban: I've been told by many to keep

I've already leveled and sold: Ember, Mag

So if I could have 5, most likely keeping banshee and vauban, what are the other 3 I should get?

Rhino:plan on replacing with frost prime as a better tank

Wat?!? No no, keep Rhino, he is a general purpose power-house. Frost shines in Defense and thats about it.

Get Nova for massive AoE damage

Banshee is a good support

Rhino (swiss-army knife frame), Trinity (blessing bot ftw), Loki (can't shoot what you cant see), Nekros (more drops = good), Vauban (CC all the things), and Nova (kill all the things) would be my choices -- I always seem to come back to them, and yes, I know that is 6 frames...

Replace Ash with Nova, because everyone needs a Nova.

There are a lot of other Warframes better than Banshee, like Ember, for example.

Rhino is the best tank in the game. I realize Frost is used as a tank, but he's not as effective as Rhino.

Replace Loki with Nekros for support, but I would do it after the stealth Mastery test.

I'd keep Vauban. Nyx is just as good, though.

Best 5 IMO.

Loki - seriously, he's a must have frame if you love having fun.

Rhino - no reason needed. He's awesome.

Vauban - hard to acquire. Also fun, my substitute to frost.

Ember - anti-infested. Yea.

Banshee - uber killing machine even with unmodded weapons.

Replaying Rhino w/ Frost? I say keep both!

I have 10 frames, but the 5 I play the most are:

Frost Prime

Nova

Rhino

Vauban

Nyx

I love Nyx, but I can see how she can be very unatractive compared to frames like Nova or Rhino that pretty much exterminate an entire room (and the next few rooms most likely) with the press of 1 button.

Ash is, in my opinion, the single most useless frame in the game right now!

If you have a Loki, even more so! Delete Ash, keep Loki!

If you don't like Rhino (which I personally can't see why) you should maybe give Nova a try! She's reeeaaaally deadly.

Volt is just as niche as Ember is, so while he's not as useless as Ash, I wouldn't put him on the "definately keep"-list.

Best 5 IMO.

Loki - seriously, he's a must have frame if you love having fun.

Rhino - no reason needed. He's awesome.

Vauban - hard to acquire. Also fun, my substitute to frost.

Ember - anti-infested. Yea.

Banshee - uber killing machine even with unmodded weapons.

Ember isn't really needed

Frames i'd deem necessary to keep for an easier time on various map types would be:

Frost/Frost Prime

Nova

Rhino

Banshee

Vauban

With that being said, i would say cough up 10 dollars and buy some more slots for Trinity + Nekros for support frames.

My top 4:

Rhino - Better than Frost in everything except maybe defense, but then again I've never really had too many problems there either.

Nyx - Mobile Defense/Defense/Rescue made easy with Chaos (especially rescue). Also good to solo with if you need to.

Nova - Everyone wants her nerfed for a reason.

Vauban - Master of a little bit of everything, and king of infested defense.

As for a 5th, that is up to you. Some choices:

Saryn - My choice if I had to pick. She has a good offensive and defensive mix of skills and decent armor.

Frost - Master at Corpus/Grineer defense if you like farming them, but he sort of struggles everywhere else.

Loki - Invisibility makes him perfect for stealth/melee, but you can't really use a sentinel with him and he is a bit squishy.

Rhino is by far my favorite, he is both durable and does great damage. Frost is garbage compared to Rhino for anything other than sitting on a cryopod in your ice bubble.

I used to mainly play Saryn but Rhino does everything better so I rarely ever play Saryn anymore.

Edited by Mikki79

Vauban - Rare to see, but the king of defense missions. 

Rhino - For the missions where you need to man-mode everything.

Nova - For the missions where everything in the room must die at an instant.

Banshee- For the missions where you need to KO One guy ASAP

Saryn- When you wanna look stylish in heels while you watch the infested drop before their Mistress. 

Keep Banshee, Rhino and Vauban. Get Frost Prime and Mag Prime if you want to. I suggest trying out Nova, Nyx and Saryn.

Frost Prime and Mag Prime? You serious? Being a Prime doesnt make frame any better.

My suggestion is:

Rhino, Vauban, Nova, Nyx and Loki/Banshee/Frost.

If you plan on doing really high-wave defense: Frost (against Grineer/Corpus, not for Infested), Vauban, and Banshee are musts. Nova, Nyx, Rhino, and Trinity are also good choices.

Frost's Snowglobe prevents almost all damage from Grineer and Corpus, the exceptions being Railgun MOAs and sometimes Grineer Napalms.

Vauban's Bastille can keep enemies from coming near. Vortex works really well with AOE and puncture weapons, but it doesn't synergize well with Banshee's Sonar.

Banshee's Sonar with the proper mods gives +1000% damage which is really really nice.

In survival, Nekros is really good; Desecrate spam can keep you from having to activate the large capsules for at least 10-20 minutes.

For general mission running/resource farming, Rhino's probably your best bet. Nova's better at room clearing in the higher levels, but doesn't have the survivability Rhino has. Loki's really good for speedrunning bosses if you have the mods to stay invisible for the entire mission.