Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

5 Best Warframes To Keep?

Pianoman7117

Question

Hey guys, so for warframes I've been playing them and selling them if I don't like them, and now I'm starting to look at a potential end game for my characters and am wondering what is considered to be the best, right now I have:

Ash: plan on replacing don't know what with yet

Banshee: Probably the only warframe I intend to keep

Rhino:plan on replacing with frost prime as a better tank

Loki:He's alright but might replace

Vauban: I've been told by many to keep

I've already leveled and sold: Ember, Mag

So if I could have 5, most likely keeping banshee and vauban, what are the other 3 I should get?

Ultimate defense- Frost

Stealthplay- Loki

General use- Rhino

Powerhouse- Nova

Support- Trinity/Oberon

You should make room for your favorite frame, though. People kept saying "Loki master race" and I got my Loki the best stuff(helmets and mods), but I just don't enjoy using him. My main is Ash, so I will be getting rid of Loki to make room for mastery fodders.

Honestly im enjoying Nova a lot, she is definitely fun as heck.

My friend is using ash, and he is fancy as well.

Well honestly its up to preference(whether u like supporting, CC etc), and situational/depending on patches ..like most vets wrote here :)

has any1 tested ember prime? is she worth keeping?

I looked at the changes for ember and most ppl are complaining that she is useless so that's why im curious

Edited by Constantina-X

^Ember Prime definitely went down on the frame tier after losing overheat but she's not bad, use accelerant to get out of a tough spot or revive, fireball is pretty good since it makes a small explosion with stun, and spam WoF just like before. Fireblast is still pretty useless though, hope DE go with replacing it with overheat even if overheat is in its nerfed form

Nyx and Frost for Defense and Mobile Defense

Nova for DPS

Oberon for support/DPS

LOKI!!!!!! best survivability, Can't kill what you can't see. I'd go with Loki's invisibility over Rhino's Iron Skin, Vauban's Bastille, Ash's Smoke bomb any day

Edited by Philosopher

if I had to keep only 5 my choice would be

Fun frames:

Excalibur

Valk

Loki

2stronk:

Rhino 

Nova (but I dont play her, feels like cheating)

yet to play Frost/Banshee/Necros 

(barely managed to resist going on abilities critique rant)

Edited by Monolake

Loki

Excalibur

Nova

Nekros

Frost

There is my load out what I would take for you. This allows somewhat a lot of offence, defense and utilities for your team specially Nekros will be your joy because of getting so much loot from bodies.

Nekro -Air Survival / farming drops / Health drops

Nova - AOE

Trinity - Invincible Team buff

Nyx - Crowd Control / AOE

Frost - Defense

Rhino - Crowd Control

Ember - AOE

Oberon - AOE/ health drops

Vauban - Defense

mix and match those till you have at least 1 of each (defense, AOE, etc...) BUT IMO.... get them all. Get some mods, trade them for plat, use that plat for warframe slots and potatos.... get them all. All are good (except Val, she needs a buff big time).

You've already got some of the better frames on that list. 
Rhino, Loki, Vauban. 

Roar and Stomp are some great endgame tools on Rhino, although he can only really be modded to maximize one or the other at a time, limiting his usefulness. Frost makes a better endgame tank with snowglobe, but doesn't do much else in terms of support. 

Keep Vauban at least since he is hard to get and does well at Endgame. 

to replace Ash I would go with Volt or Saryn.
Similar offensive frames with a strong defensive stat, and a defensive ability to back them up. Although their endgame use is limited so Nova would be your endgame 'offensive' option. 

If you don't enjoy Loki, perhaps Nekros for an endgame frame, desecrate spam and shadows of the dead work very well as defensive and support options, or Nyx too with Chaos, Mind Control, and absorb. 

*Frost: defense

*Excalibur: good for a cross between speed and damage with moderate shields. He's also good at getting around

Rhino: cc tank

Nova: damage low shields though so i haven't tried her

Vauban: teslas look good and he's rare

*My two personal favs frosts pretty self explanatory as for excal he does get weak at higher levels but if you've got good weapons his slash and super jump will work well with them(penta :D). People seem to like his cc too so that could be good and his ult isn't so bad particularly with infested since he gets the damage modifier

Nyx does everything the other frames do way better. It is the literal best frame in the game bar none. F*** off with loki's, they don't got S#&$ on nyx.

Really, Nyx for pve, and ash if you are into pvp and ever want to try stealth. Only two frames you will ever need.

The only reason nyx doesn't see more usage is because it has really unengaging gameplay.

Edited by Cwierz

My turn to tier I guess !

Ok so :

1. Nyx : she's IMHO the best frame in game actually. Her gameplay is not really engaging, but when you get to play her a bit you will soon understand how she can turn everything into a walk in the park. And if you happen to have some bright team mates that know how to synergize with your Absorb then it's gonna turn into a massive slaughter.

2. Trinity : because god mode. Pick up groups won't be a problem anymore, bosses are a nice joke, and ultra long survivals are her speciality. With a proper build by using Link and Blessing you are nearly invincible, and your team won't suffer more.

3. Rhino : because Vanguard helmet, the best alternative helmet in game, it turns Rhino into one of the fastest warframe in the game. And his kit is also awesome, Iron Skin makes you a deathless tank in early/mid tier, Roar is a nice team buff and Stomp a very nice crowd control with a wide range. Rhino can perform anywhere and in any level, even in nightmare where many other very good frames will struggle.

4. Vauban : because it's one of the best crowd control machine, especially against infested, that makes him relevant in any tier level and a very good objective defender. And his particularity to cast while firing or reloading is just too damn nice.

5. Banshee : because of Sonar and the insane damage boost on top of enemy radar, but also her Sonic Boom that is a soft spammable crowd control and a really useful tool. Didn't get to try Sound Quake with Natural Talent, I hated the too long cast time making it more dangerous than helpful but with a faster cast I may use it again.

I'm not placing Loki there but if you get to master him he is a really good asset in any team.

That said there are some frames with very specific roles or that are just less versatile, but that are nice to have like Nekros for powerfarming, Nova for hardcore nukes, Ember for good nukes/not bad utility (and shines against infested) or Mag the best Corpus wrecker.

And then you have that other group of frames that can do really good if you invest time and formas in them, but that will never equal any of the frames I listed before, like Oberon, Saryn, Volt, Excalibur or Frost.

I'm yet to find a good use to Ash, and don't know about Zephyr. She seems fun to use, but I just hate those Tornados throwing ennemies in the air and giving some nice surprises sometimes when three fusion MOAs and their drones come from your back as they stopped flying.

And finally I would highly recommend you to wait before getting Valkyr until she gets some love. Her only purpose now is to tank at the expense of doing damage, and Hysteria might seem fun but won't keep you entertained for a long time.

Edited by Cyrionn

My turn to tier I guess !

Ok so :

1. Nyx : she's IMHO the best frame in game actually. Her gameplay is not really engaging, but when you get to play her a bit you will soon understand how she can turn everything into a walk in the park. And if you happen to have some bright team mates that know how to synergize with your Absorb then it's gonna turn into a massive slaughter.

2. Trinity : because god mode. Pick up groups won't be a problem anymore, bosses are a nice joke, and ultra long survivals are her speciality. With a proper build by using Link and Blessing you are nearly invincible, and your team won't suffer more.

3. Rhino : because Vanguard helmet, the best alternative helmet in game, it turns Rhino into one of the fastest warframe in the game. And his kit is also awesome, Iron Skin makes you a deathless tank in early/mid tier, Roar is a nice team buff and Stomp a very nice crowd control with a wide range. Rhino can perform anywhere and in any level, even in nightmare where many other very good frames will struggle.

4. Vauban : because it's one of the best crowd control machine, especially against infested, that makes him relevant in any tier level and a very good objective defender. And his particularity to cast while firing or reloading is just too damn nice.

5. Banshee : because of Sonar and the insane damage boost on top of enemy radar, but also her Sonic Boom that is a soft spammable crowd control and a really useful tool. Didn't get to try Sound Quake with Natural Talent, I hated the too long cast time making it more dangerous than helpful but with a faster cast I may use it again.

I'm not placing Loki there but if you get to master him he is a really good asset in any team.

That said there are some frames with very specific roles or that are just less versatile, but that are nice to have like Nekros for powerfarming, Nova for hardcore nukes, Ember for good nukes/not bad utility (and shines against infested) or Mag the best Corpus wrecker.

And then you have that other group of frames that can do really good if you invest time and formas in them, but that will never equal any of the frames I listed before, like Oberon, Saryn, Volt, Excalibur or Frost.

I'm yet to find a good use to Ash, and don't know about Zephyr. She seems fun to use, but I just hate those Tornados throwing ennemies in the air and giving some nice surprises sometimes when three fusion MOAs and their drones come from your back as they stopped flying.

And finally I would highly recommend you to wait before getting Valkyr until she gets some love. Her only purpose now is to tank at the expense of doing damage, and Hysteria might seem fun but won't keep you entertained for a long time.

I think 412*4*7.7 for damage per hit of hysteria is pretty good considering she can be permanently invincible.

All.

But if you have 1 to keep.

Keep Nyx.

Why Nyx should be everyone's number 1 ?

1. She has 2 infinite scaling CC skills.

Mind control and Chaos

2. She has an infinite damage scaling skill + invulnerability. 

Absorb.

But she sees very little use unless you are absolutely certain facing a very tough situation.

In fact, I only use her in Clan missions where my mates need it. 

She has turned "dangerous" missions like the old Fomorian event (that is before they nerf eviserators, they can 1 shot to 2 shot 700 shields and 300 hp together and those are only level 50) into an absolute joke. We were even leveling newbie crap there.

The last time I used her in an event is the Cicero event, and everyone was joking that my Chaos turned the entire thing into a shooting gallery again (Over-E + stretch + fleeting that is all you need).

Other than that, I only use her for ODD, but people rather I use my Vauban for ODD, oh well.

Or very high level defense or survival. But even that I will still consider because it does take the challenge out of such games.

Number 2 to keep for me will be my Loki.

But hey I am biased. I can run almost everything smoothly as long non-defense related.

On defense I am relegated to as the secondary role, but it works very well with Troll ban (vortex + rd = win).

Number 3 is Trollban.

Enough said. With frosty now more on a nuker role, he is the only prime defense frame now.

But only for infested. However a RD kitted Loki will complete him and they can take on any comers.

Number 4 is Trinity.

I use her almost exclusively in T3 survival / ODS  unless I am using Nekros for Desecrate spam.

Invulnerability is always nice no ?

Number 5 is your choice.

Edited by fatpig84