Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Greater replay value and allowing for more options

Jackdarsan

Apart from waiting for the next update for more things to farm/level I don't have much left to do. Sorry if this topic is too vague I wanted to cover 2 things that have been reducing my game play lately.

1- Replay value. Lately I'm just logging in and doing sorties there isn't much left to do. Yes I can farm for every mod or max every arcane in the game however I would like to see more like Kuria. Something to hunt/scan/find that pushes people back to the star chart or open worlds. Plus a little decoration reward was nice to work towards. I know there is other items already out there but im sure most people have already completed; Cephalon fragments, Thousand-Year Fish Fragments, Fortuna fragments, partnership fragments, the corpus ship tenets, somachord and frame fighter, etc. If you haven't then this thread is clearly not for you. 

Whats your thoughts, are people after more side mission/quests/adventures to bring a little value back into parts of the game you haven't touched for a long time? Or is this just me.

2- More options. What I love about this game is the options, you can play any frame with any weapon/type and get through the game. It is when things get more specific it gets boring. Lately that has been the feeling with necramechs. I feel I have to join a thermia fracture farm or PT to get any good exp. Just like K-drives having races and tricks to level them up can we get a necramech hurdle/mission or is that asking for too much? Or just make them available in all missions with open areas. Would like to do a excavation fissure to farm ducats and level the necramech. Once again, is this just me or am I missing something, let me know. 

On 2020-12-01 at 2:46 AM, Jackdarsan said:

Yes I can farm for every mod or max every arcane in the game however I would like to see more like Kuria.

I've taken this to an extreme, trying to get 1 of each level of each mod. I'm only up to Anti-Grav Array so far, going alphabetically, but it has got me to run many missions I wouldn't choose to randomly do and actually find out a bit more about those missions(or at least let me put in some effort remembering/figuring out where to get those mods). This is definitely a more extrinsically motivated goal, but in the end if you are playing the game for a couple of years intrinsic motivations cant keep up without producing power creep.

Something to hunt/scan/find that pushes people back to the star chart or open worlds. Plus a little decoration reward was nice to work towards. I know there is other items already out there but im sure most people have already completed; Cephalon fragments, Thousand-Year Fish Fragments, Fortuna fragments, partnership fragments, the corpus ship tenets, somachord and frame fighter, etc. If you haven't then this thread is clearly not for you. 

Sadly scanable only help for so long, once you have them, the replay value is back to what it was without them. This adds to the play time, but not much replay time. I've got all the items listed so far except Kurias. (I was mainly after completing the codex) Perhaps some evergreen reward could help make them better for replays.

Rescans of Somachords and Cephalon fragments could give you some currency toward a Suda shop, perhaps make Frame Fighter Fragments give 1000 standing with Simaris, TYF some Cetus standing, allow Fortuna fragments to convert directly to debt bonds, partnership fragments a perrin sequence shop(not sure who else would care about Alad V's deals), corpus tenets give some credits (feels hardly worth it, though) and I guess Fortuna rescues sort of fit the category giving some standing.

Whats your thoughts, are people after more side mission/quests/adventures to bring a little value back into parts of the game you haven't touched for a long time? Or is this just me.

I quite liked the addition of the Parvos sections to all corpus ships, but the main issue I have is that in most missions people wont do them. There is a bit of a difference here compared to caches, though. Running certain sabotages I always get the caches and others I dont bother. I love cache hunting, though as it gets you to explore more of the map and not just focus the objective, it also makes using a speedy build feel somewhat more rewarding since it can be seen as a competition between the team members to find the caches first.

Or just make them available in all missions with open areas.

This is already planned to release this month to all maps, I believe. (Will have to see about special things like archwing and railjack, they can be a bit weird if allowed)

In general, I believe that PvE games will always be more difficult to add repeatability to than PvP games. In PvE, much of the time the reason for playing something is progression based, whereas in PvP it can be a lot more linked to the enjoyability of the gameplay. It is unlikely that you will find many players that select a mission solely because it is a fun mission. Fun missions exist, but players would mostly also need a reason such as a reward to go there.

Archived