Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Sure Footed is not 100%

Berzerkules

It says 100% chance to resist knock down but that also covers staggers and pull effects. It's not 100% though. I regularly stagger myself with AoE weapons even though I run Primed Sure Footed on almost every build. The acolytes in SP also seem to still stagger and knock me up in the air. I guess they just ignore the fact I'm using this mod. 

5noUDws.png

12 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

maybe because stagger isnt knockdown

another mod is used for stagger immunity

or maybe not

dont know anymore

"pain therhold" something

Quoted from the wiki

Provides resistance (or immunity at max-rank) toward stagger, pull, and knockdown effects from:

Player explosive weapons that deal area-of-effect damage such as  Lenz and  Kuva Bramma.

High-damage stagger when using  Quick Thinking or  Gladiator Finesse.

Knockdown attacks from units such as Shield Lancers, Heavy Gunners, and MOAs.

Pull attacks from units such as Ancients and Scorpions.

Knockdowns from running through Laser Barriers.

I'm using Proboscis Cernos to group enemies and apply status and I'm getting staggered every minute or two. If the mod didn't work on self stagger I would be getting staggered every time I used it, not at random intervals. The same thing happens with enemies it's just more noticeable when using a self stagger weapon. 

Pain Threshold is the only mod I know that does anything for stagger and it's 160% faster stagger recovery. AFAIK not mod provides 100% stagger immunity even though Primed Sure Footed should.

1 hour ago, Hobie-wan said:

Don't forget, the wiki is not written and maintained by DE and can be incorrect. Whomever wrote the (primed) sure footed entry could be wrong.

I know DE has nothing to do with the wiki. DE isn't exactly the best when it comes to providing information about their game, so the wiki I is pretty much the go to resource for "facts" about the game. 

It's just that the majority of the time self stagger does not effect you when Primed Sure Footed is equipped. You can deduce that self stagger is is treated the same as knockdown as far as Primed Sure Footed is concerned. It's just not 100% though, more like 99%+. I normally don't notice any self stagger. I've been using the new Proboscis Cernos a lot recently and I pretty much just spam the floor to group enemies for easy melee. Every minute or two I'm getting staggered right as I enter melee range. It's not a huge deal but I run a lot of endurance and that split second is enough to get me killed. 

Since the mod says 100% it would be nice if it was actually 100%, if they can't make it 100% at least display the correct stats on the mod. 

On 2020-12-08 at 3:22 PM, Berzerkules said:

Since the mod says 100% it would be nice if it was actually 100%, if they can't make it 100% at least display the correct stats on the mod. 

I'm not talking about the 100%, which is clearly listed on the mod itself. I meant that "stagger, pull, and knockdown" are (probably) 3 different things and the mod specifically says only knockdown on it.

Just now, Hobie-wan said:

I'm not talking about the 100%, which is clearly listed on the mod itself. I meant that "stagger, pull, and knockdown" are (probably) 3 different things and the mod specifically says only knockdown on it.

I went over that in the part you clipped from my quote

On 2020-12-08 at 12:22 PM, Berzerkules said:

It's just that the majority of the time self stagger does not effect you when Primed Sure Footed is equipped. You can deduce that self stagger is is treated the same as knockdown as far as Primed Sure Footed is concerned. It's just not 100% though, more like 99%+. I normally don't notice any self stagger. 

2 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I went over that in the part you clipped from my quote

You made an educated guess. That is not absolute proof and again, the mod only says knockdown on it. I certainly don't know either, but there's plenty of room to put "knockdown and stagger" if they definitely meant that.

Just now, Hobie-wan said:

You made an educated guess. That is not absolute proof and again, the mod only says knockdown on it. I certainly don't know either, but there's plenty of room to put "knockdown and stagger" if they definitely meant that.

And I covered that in that last sentence of the post you clipped

On 2020-12-08 at 12:22 PM, Berzerkules said:

DE isn't exactly known for providing all the information so we as players are forced to make educated guesses and use the wiki. 

Is it a bug? Who knows. DE doesn't like giving us all the information. If it is a bug it sure would be nice if it was fixed since it's on a mod that is only obtainable as a log in reward at 400 days.

If it's not a bug and working as intended the whole situation could have been avoided if DE actually provided their players with information on what the mod actually does. 

Archived