Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is The Supra So Inferior To The Soma?

TheAscendedOne

Supra should be rebalanced, First Bullet speed to hit scan and Supra should be more prezise than soma couse Laser don´t have any recoil , Soma should be less precise than Supra cause of recoil of its bullets. The Supra should be Better than the Soma becouse you need more ressources for that Weapon.

Edited by Eterminat-Alteris

Even increasing the mastery requirement of the Soma from 3 to 6 does nothing to balance it against the Supra.

Materials

Supra costs 7 Fieldron, 1 Forma, 7000 salvage, 1k alloy plates, and has a 24 hour build time.

Some costs 7 morphics, 850 plastids, 1200 rubedo, and 8k salvage with a 12 hour build time.

Supra clearly has a higher material cost.

It is not really correct btw. its even worse ...

Supra:

- Time to Craft:         108 h*

- Costs (total):           250 000*

- Forma:                   1

- Control Module:      7

- Fieldron Sample:    70

- Plastids:                 1750

- Salvage:                 10500

- Alloy Plate:             1000

*(7 Fieldrons + Supra)

Soma:

- Time to craft:          12 h

- Costs (total):           75 000

- Morphics:                7

- Plastids:                  850

- Rubedo:                 1200

- Salvage:                 8000

Not even considering Dojo research for Fieldron and all weapons, which are required to unlock Supra !

Edited by Voidflow

It is not really correct btw. its even worse ...

Supra:

- Time to Craft:         108 h*

- Costs (total):           250 000*

- Forma:                   1

- Control Module:      7

- Fieldron Sample:    70

- Plastids:                 1750

- Salvage:                 10500

- Alloy Plate:             1000

*(7 Fieldrons + Supra)

Soma:

- Time to craft:          12 h

- Costs (total):           75 000

- Morphics:                7

- Plastids:                  850

- Rubedo:                 1200

- Salvage:                 8000

Not even considering Dojo research for Fieldron and all weapons, which are required to unlock Supra !

You forgot to also mention that the Soma starts with TWO "V" polarity slots as well.

Soma vs Supra? Paraplegic vs world class athlete?

Even Gorgon laughs about Supra.

Supra has always been a horribly overprized sidegrade to the gorgon. Flashy laserz, show off your mastery rank, trade hitscan for more damage.

Looks good on paper but was pure fail in praxis. The most disappointing weapon ever. Why?

- Enemy might kill me before projectiles reach him

- good luck with weak spots

- Gorgon will outdamage Supra vs anything that moves

- Moving target beyond 15m = impossible

- sidegradesystem is nonexistent, powercreep ate Supra alive

- they discontinued the wrong weapon

- Soma/Acrid/Ignis/Flux Rifle/Synapse...list goes on and on

Armor 2.0 won't change anything, weapons with better handling/numbers will still have better handling/numbers.

This is supra when update 10.4.0 come..

and i feel 

1TKndl8.jpg love this gun again XD

but when update 10.4.1

ZGMELMM.jpg back to the old acc, even worse with heavy caliber ( u can call it boar laser version )

DE need re-work this weapon.. rank 7 + 7 fieldron must be better weapon than lower rank.. 

I started saving up all those plastids so that I could start crafting the 7 Fieldron I needed for the Supra long before I was even Rank 6, I had everything I needed to craft the Supra before reaching Rank 7, so I had it crafted it and let it sit in my foundry until I had reached Rank 7, now that I'm near Rank 9, the Supra is still my favorite weapon, only have 2 forma on it though since it's a pain to level up because of the massive amounts of ammo it consumes and with such a high spread, it's difficult to make each shot count even in bursts cause of the poor accuracy.

I'm pretty much forced to use max Wildfire, Magazine Warp and Ammo Drum just so that I'm not burning through ammo as fast and not burning through all my reserve ammo boxes as fast.

With the Soma, everything about it is just overkill, high capacity magazine, fast reload, incredible accuracy, extremely high critical %/Damage and hitscan vs. the Supras very high spread, very low critical, long reload, 90 round mag or clip or whatever you want to call it and just an overrall very inaccurate weapon.

And ya, the Soma does eventually reach its limit, but not as quickly as the Supra does.

I put in alot of time to get the resources ( and the rank requirement ) for the Supra only to see it become the new Gorgon of LMGs when the Soma came out, a weapon that relies soley on critical shots instead of balancing out between critical and damage which would've been a better alternative. The Supra alone just relies on its power but the Soma just laughs at it when taking out level 80 heavies.

I would be happy with a slight increase to the Supras accuracy during continous fire as well as a 5-8% increase in base damage. If its a weapon based around power, then it needs to show it, like how the Strun Wraith and Soma can show that it really is based around its % of critical shots.

Edited by __Kanade__

Soma is Tenno Technology right?

Isn't the Tenno more advanced than Corpus Tech?

Never in a million years.

The tech tiers go: Grineer < Tenno < Corpus < Orokin

Clan Tech sits in general somwhere between Orokin and faction of origin, so all Clan Tech is better than Reagular Tenno gear, and Prime is the strongest.

Or at least it should going by the lore...

The lore being that Tenno are only now upgrading their arsenal from Skanas and Latos after god knows how long since they went into stasis, while Corpus were in the buissnes of recreating Orokin tech for quite a while. We got Lotus though, so we're catching up at incredible speed.

Edited by Naqel

Never in a million years.

The tech tiers go: Grineer < Tenno < Corpus < Orokin

Clan Tech sits in general somwhere between Orokin and faction of origin, so all Clan Tech is better than Reagular Tenno gear, and Prime is the strongest.

Or at least it should going by the lore...

The lore being that Tenno are only now upgrading their arsenal from Skanas and Latos after god knows how long since they went into stasis, while Corpus were in the buissnes of recreating Orokin tech for quite a while. We got Lotus though, so we're catching up at incredible speed.

Tenno craftsmanship and tech is way better than Corpus. Admittedly we can only compare primary weapons seeing as Tenno pretty much own the other two categories, but we're talking about Soma, Boltor, Latron, Burston vs Dera, Supra, Flux Rifle, Braton. Corpus have shiny lasers going for them, Tenno are using crafting techniques that they inherited from the Orokin.

Tenno craftsmanship and tech is way better than Corpus. Admittedly we can only compare primary weapons seeing as Tenno pretty much own the other two categories, but we're talking about Soma, Boltor, Latron, Burston vs Dera, Supra, Flux Rifle, Braton. Corpus have shiny lasers going for them, Tenno are using crafting techniques that they inherited from the Orokin.

You can't use gameplay when talking about lore. Especially if your question was about the lore.

Of course everything we as the players use is better than what the enemy uses, we're supposed to beat them, and beat them in numbers.

From a lore standpoint, Tenno have Warframes which beat out any other tech, being made way back by the Orokin, but their guns are traditional designs based on Orokin tech we call Prime.

Lore wise, Prime weapons are the best there is, and everyone wants to have at least some of that tech available to them.

Gameplay wise, everything we use is supercharged so that we can fight fair in a 1v10 or 1v20, instead of 1v5 or 1v1, and heavens forbid having to actually use some tactics beyond a rhino+nova combo on our team. Add on top of that the rather wonky balance, and the rampant power creep which requires every new weapon to be stronger than the previous ones, and you should see why Soma is the best weapon currently in the game, even though it's technically a lower tier, at mastery 6(and it was just 3 before that), than the Supra, mastery 7.

Edited by Naqel

I'm hoping that with the rework of armor that the Supra will be able to fill a role in the battlefield, I believe in the live streams they have said b/c of armor 2.0 they need to go back and look @ every weapon.  So assuming that the Soma keeps its current stats and mastery rank of 6. I'm hoping the Supra gets a much larger magazine size like 135-150 and a special damage type.

You can't use gameplay when talking about lore. Especially if your question was about the lore.

Of course everything we as the players use is better than what the enemy uses, we're supposed to beat them, and beat them in numbers.

From a lore standpoint, Tenno have Warframes which beat out any other tech, being made way back by the Orokin, but their guns are traditional designs based on Orokin tech we call Prime.

Lore wise, Prime weapons are the best there is, and everyone wants to have at least some of that tech available to them.

Gameplay wise, everything we use is supercharged so that we can fight fair in a 1v10 or 1v20, instead of 1v5 or 1v1, and heavens forbid having to actually use some tactics beyond a rhino+nova combo on our team. Add on top of that the rather wonky balance, and the rampant power creep which requires every new weapon to be stronger than the previous ones, and you should see why Soma is the best weapon currently in the game, even though it's technically a lower tier, at mastery 6(and it was just 3 before that), than the Supra, mastery 7.

I wasn't comparing the player's weapons against the AI's weapons, I was comparing the weapons the player can equip side by side. I also pointed out that the Tenno are the inheritors of Orokin technology, of which we seem to have a special affinity with. Tenno weapon designs are indeed based off the superior Orokin designs. I'd say that Tenno tech is superior to Corpus given that both the Tenno and Corpus are using recovered Orokin tech and Orokin concepts but Tenno do a better job of engineering them.

That's both lore and gameplay reasons that Tenno>Corpus for you there.

Not defending the power creep or the Soma's power level, just saying, Corpus are recovering the remnants of an ancient civilization to enhance their tech, Tenno are the inheritors of said civilization.

Soma is Tenno Technology right?

Isn't the Tenno more advanced than Corpus Tech?

No. Its the Lotus and Small Corpus conglomerates that provides the Tenno its supplies. Check Darvo, currency and the tilesets in Dojos-mostly Corpus related.

Soma by far is the best but I agree, Supra should be much better. 

Soma does have a wind-up.

You forgot to mention Laser damage which is weak vs certian enemies (like grineer)

Amm no - supra is actually  bullet damage (i dont know why or how but its just bullet....) 

And yes i agree with everyone : i am currently using  the  fully  Catalysted  + 1 forma  Supra  and i liked the damage of 170-200 per shot , but after i try out the soma .... well  u can say that i wish to delete  the  Supra  , but it seriously pains me that it  took so many RESOURCES     -  7 fieldrons is not easy to make  !!!!!   and  Soma  ... that crazy derpy weapon ... i am hitting for  a minimum of  300 on any body part +  600 minimum on headshots ....  Bleh it dont make my  Supra useless nooo ...  it even had a damage stats of 45  now it is 35 ...  , its inaccurate , wind up time is longer than the  Soma , it have less bullets , it dont even have a   Polarity SLOT   and soma have 2 not 1 ......     and both weapons are bullet damage , wel lthis just wonderfully well though off ..... 

I keep my supra in high (VERY HIGH)  hopes that it will soon become a wonderfull weapon  :) 

(At the very least change the damage type  to : laser / armor piercing   ->  and  give it a flat damage of 100 +  (not 35..)   its just not viable weapon ... it sucks  against level  50-100 enemies   , and some just go in and 2-6 shot them  .....   At least soma is ugly compared to  Supra`s good looks and cool looking  flying bullets  ....  (oh yeah , supra can miss a lot more because of  projectile travel time (YEY) and soma is  Hit-scan (OMFG?!)  Seriously  DE  , put some thought into the weapons , and PLEASE  make  SOME  changes to either of the 2 weapons  :)

Even increasing the mastery requirement of the Soma from 3 to 6 does nothing to balance it against the Supra.

Materials

Supra costs 7 Fieldron, 1 Forma, 7000 salvage, 1k alloy plates, and has a 24 hour build time.

Some costs 7 morphics, 850 plastids, 1200 rubedo, and 8k salvage with a 12 hour build time.

Supra clearly has a higher material cost.

Pre-requisites. 

Soma has a Rank 6 Mastery requirement.

Supra has a Rank 7 Mastery requirement AND must be unlocked through the dojo.

From this, one can discern that the Supra is meant to be a higher tier weapon than the Soma.

Effectiveness

Supra has a wind-up time, like the Gorgon. Soma does not.

Supra projectiles are not hitscan. Soma projectiles are hitscan with near-perfect accuracy, even at Latron range.

Supra has a clip size of 90. Soma has a clip size of 100.

Supra has pathetic crit stats of 2.5% chance for 150% damage. Soma has amazing crit stats at 30% and 300%.

The Soma has a higher rate of fire than the Supra.

The Supra has a &#036;&amp;*&amp;*#(%&amp;ly long 4.2 second reload, as compared to the Soma's 3s.

The Soma has 2 V polarity slots. The Supra has no innate polarities.

The ONLY advantage of the Supra is a higher base damage on its bullets, which is made irrelevant by its nearly non-existent crit stats.

Summary/TL;DR

The Soma makes the Supra completely useless, even though the latter has much higher requirements and resource costs.

Why is this the case? 

I doubt there's currently a primary in the game that the soma does not make completely useless...

And to make things better now they just throw in the requires mastery rank 6 excuse.