Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost ideas

(PSN)SEA_TOASTER

Frost needs some love desperately and I have stated this in the past with many rework ideas and now im back to do it again. Frost needs a top to bottom rework from his base stats to his abilities and how his abilities scale. Im going to list Frosts 5 biggest problems and some solutions for them.

FIRST PROBLEM, Frost stats are pretty bad, change Frost stats to something along the line of 100 health and shields 400 armor and 125 energy with a .95 movement speed

SECOND PROBLEM, Frost first and second abilities are very lackluster and need some work. For his 1 make it a aoe Freezing evening it hits 1.5m blast radius. For his 2 have the augment built in and remove the angle cap

THIRD PROBLEM, Frost passive ability is not very good a new passive would do him nicely. Passive idea example: frost is immune to cold procs

FORTH PROBLEM, Frost snow globe is to weak for high level content increase its base health by 50% and add 15% more base range to the globe to give it a bigger radius also let frost pick it up like how a eximus has its personal bubble.

FIFTH PROBLEM, bad prime Frost has the worst prime in the game a better stat boost for the prime would be much appreciated. Like have his prime get 100 extra armor and a bit more speed.

Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day.

First off, your first "problem" which is about his snow globe's scaling from his armor is kinda cringe because you don't really need its defensive ability in higher levels of gameplay. Enemies with higher levels (and I mean when going in endurance runs for over than an hour or so) can easily destroy his globe even if stacked. Also, imagine building for base shields on frames (except Hildryn). Yikes.

About your second "problem", I agree with having an AoE effect instead on his 1, but his 2 has its uses. Also, most of the augments are the epitomes of DE's regrets with releasing the abilities in that way, that's just how it is.

Your third "problem" however, is already a problem for most frames. Their passives don't get much attention unless if it really has something to do with their kit.

Also we have arcane energize, ability efficiency and primed flow. Use that to your advantage in response to your fourth "problem".

Lastly, primes are really just fashion, with "slight" BASE STAT boosts, which can become unnecessary for high level content.

Experiment more with the game, before making such suggestions.

i don't want any changes to frost because i have a very finely tuned armor stripping building that works amazing. there is a variety of good, albeit rather specialized, builds for frost. frost is a more specialized frame, that's his identity now, and it need not be changed. 

edit: actually i agree that frost prime should be upgraded a bit, as he indeed is the worst prime variant - relative to base variant. unlike the poster before me, i don't think that primes are just fashion. 

still, even if we agreed that primes are just fashion, frost prime looks almost identical to base frost, only notable difference being the helmet, and people tend to equip squall helmet anyway or the deluxe skin.

6 hours ago, SenseiPogi said:

First off, your first "problem" which is about his snow globe's scaling from his armor is kinda cringe because you don't really need its defensive ability in higher levels of gameplay. Enemies with higher levels (and I mean when going in endurance runs for over than an hour or so) can easily destroy his globe even if stacked. Also, imagine building for base shields on frames (except Hildryn). Yikes.

About your second "problem", I agree with having an AoE effect instead on his 1, but his 2 has its uses. Also, most of the augments are the epitomes of DE's regrets with releasing the abilities in that way, that's just how it is.

Your third "problem" however, is already a problem for most frames. Their passives don't get much attention unless if it really has something to do with their kit.

Also we have arcane energize, ability efficiency and primed flow. Use that to your advantage in response to your fourth "problem".

Lastly, primes are really just fashion, with "slight" BASE STAT boosts, which can become unnecessary for high level content.

Experiment more with the game, before making such suggestions.

Thanks for the feed back and i have experimented alot...

Archived