Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Voidrig basic build for orphix venom

Crabopoulos-Michael

Question

Hi guys. What would be the most basic build for Voidrig / Arquebex / Mausolon for orphix venom?

I never bothered with mechs before but now I'm triggered and wanted to build one for this event. What would be the most essential and basic setup I need? Something stronger than the mechs found laying around but that doesn't need 12 formas like the builds I've seen on YT. 

I'm on console so the event is not here yet. I already started building the voidrig cause I had the parts and resources. I also have necramech vitality, redirection, refuel, fury and blitz. I may be able to spend up to 6 formas in total and get some mods from Lloid. Also, the only archgun I have is the imperator vandal but I've heard the mausolon is better so I may use that one.

Any help is greatly appreciated 🙂

13 answers to this question

Well good news you get the Mausolon when you build the voidrig, and yes it is better than the imperator Vandal.

Mausolon - Rubedo Lined Barrel(primed), Dual rounds, Hollowed bullets, parallax scope, critical focus, element to make corrosive, element to make corrosive, Automatic Trigger.

The Orphix, like other sentients are most weak to corrosive.

Necramech mods - Necramech Vitality, slipstream, repair, refuel, flow, efficiency.

The melee necramech mods are useless, just give the mech all the defense that you can.

While the mech is used for most of the mission, I recommend bringing Gara with her 3 augment for energy, protea for her 3 to give energy or Octavia to, again, supply energy. Always having energy to recast storm barrier is important once you get past 25 orphixes.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb McCIoud:

While the mech is used for most of the mission, I recommend bringing Gara with her 3 augment for energy, protea for her 3 to give energy or Octavia to, again, supply energy. Always having energy to recast storm barrier is important once you get past 25 orphixes.

or you take inaros with vizier predasite and his healing mod.... (inaros to boost the life of the pet, so you dont need to worry about the pets life)

you could use helminth to put either garas or proteas ability to inaros ;)

vor 17 Minuten schrieb McCIoud:

The melee necramech mods are useless, just give the mech all the defense that you can.

At least for Voidrig

Thanks guys, just the info I was looking for.

hace 1 hora, McCIoud dijo:

I recommend bringing Gara with her 3 augment for energy

This is gold, I don't have Protea but I have Gara.

hace 1 hora, Khrel dijo:

you could use helminth to put either garas or proteas ability to inaros

This sounds great too but I don't have the dog, I don't even have the incubator installed actually 😂. However, if there is not too much grind involved I can go for it. Does it have to be fully built or just a utility build with the healing mod will do?

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (NSW)Spektr3:

This sounds great too but I don't have the dog, I don't even have the incubator installed actually 😂. However, if there is not too much grind involved I can go for it. Does it have to be fully built or just a utility build with the healing mod will do?

just the healing mod required... also link health so you get the large amount of HP from Inaros

rest is up to you

5 hours ago, McCIoud said:

Well good news you get the Mausolon when you build the voidrig, and yes it is better than the imperator Vandal.

Mausolon - Rubedo Lined Barrel(primed), Dual rounds, Hollowed bullets, parallax scope, critical focus, element to make corrosive, element to make corrosive, Automatic Trigger.

The Orphix, like other sentients are most weak to corrosive.

Necramech mods - Necramech Vitality, slipstream, repair, refuel, flow, efficiency.

I don't have Necramech Refuel, but I do have Thrusters. How does one compare to the other, and would I be better off using both?

19 minutes ago, Vyce said:

I don't have Necramech Refuel, but I do have Thrusters. How does one compare to the other, and would I be better off using both?

Thrusters gives you more sprint, hover and thrust time.

Refuel gives you increased Regen for them.

It's kinda like comparing Flow and Streamline.

8 hours ago, (NSW)Spektr3 said:

Thanks guys, just the info I was looking for.

This is gold, I don't have Protea but I have Gara.

The dog itself doesn't take too long, provided you have the required mats/rank in Necralisk.  You catch an injured one and craft him at Son with a Mutagen and Antigen (which take 1 minute to craft).  But those require faction to earn/buy.  Also, it's pretty obvious that DE doesn't want any healing of the mechs, apart from Bonewidow's ability, so I would expect the dog's heals to stop working on mechs soon (maybe before the update is on consoles?).  There is that one mech mod that will heal you up to 50%, but you won't have that when you start the event (it costs 500 cells, which isn't too long to earn, or can be a drop in the event itself).

I have no idea why they are so bent on removing mech healing, especially as they release an event that is nearly 100% mech focused.  Reading that patch note line made me feel that someone at DE is just being extremely petty about it for some reason.

hace 9 horas, Wheelhouser dijo:

The dog itself doesn't take too long, provided you have the required mats/rank in Necralisk.

Thx mate! I've no idea ab pets whatsoever. I'm max rank with the Entrati and I have plenty of mats already so that's good. I should also have a bunch of weakened predasites if they don't decay or disappear from the inventory somehow.

hace 9 horas, Wheelhouser dijo:

I have no idea why they are so bent on removing mech healing, especially as they release an event that is nearly 100% mech focused.

These kind of things are what have kept me away from the mechs so far, looks like there's still lots of things to improve. As with everything in WF I tend to wait for a couple of iterations before I delve into new content because it's always the same upon release, either the thing doesn't work or the grind doesn't work.

13 hours ago, Wheelhouser said:

I have no idea why they are so bent on removing mech healing, especially as they release an event that is nearly 100% mech focused.  Reading that patch note line made me feel that someone at DE is just being extremely petty about it for some reason.

It's not only mech healing, they started to dial down/remove entirely objective/ally healing back from SS 'till now. The reason tho is a mystery to me too.

6 hours ago, (NSW)Spektr3 said:

These kind of things are what have kept me away from the mechs so far, looks like there's still lots of things to improve. As with everything in WF I tend to wait for a couple of iterations before I delve into new content because it's always the same upon release, either the thing doesn't work or the grind doesn't work.

FWIW, I'm basically completely new to mechs.  I started playing a day or two after the Necralisk/Cambion Drift were added (PC times, btw).  When the Arcana update dropped, apart from doing the intro quest, I had not visited the Necralisk or Cambion Drift at all.  My first Vault run was with the added Arcana bounties.  I built my Voidrig that weekend as I got all the parts to drop by the end of that Saturday.  But I stopped leveling it at 30 because I didn't find using it all that much fun.  Any vaults I've run since I just stay in my frame and swap to the mech for the mech fights.

This event drops, and I run it a couple times on that 30 Voidrig.  Decide I'll farm it, so decide to forma the rig.  By the end of my 2nd day of doing runs, my Voidrig was 40 (5 formas).  I also had all the parts for Lavos building.  Due to the healing nerf, I did buy the mech heal mod (Repair, I think it's called) for the 500 cells before my first run on a freshly forma'd rig.  The only other things I've purchased are Arcanes (6 of and 10 of Grace and Energize so far).  Via drops I have all but 1 of the new mech mods thus far.

On the last run for my Voidrig to hit 40 (started the run at 28) I cleared Endurance, which stops at 36 boss kills.  Was with a pub (all my runs are with pubs).  So max clear is possible in pubs.

On Sunday I looked at what I needed to build Bonewidow, and went and farmed up those parts (it was fish parts and mining ores I needed).  Built those, and Monday rushed the final build of Bonewidow.  Have that frame forma'd 4 times now, and about level 20 on the last forma.  I think I prefer the Voidrig over Bonewidow.  The heal is nice but I find the melee ultimate of Bonewidow unreliable on the boss.

Overall I don't think it's a horrible event.  But I also don't think it's anything amazing.  Mech combat is a bit meh for me.  But the arcane rewards mean I'll keep grinding it.  Lavos is interesting, but I think not suited for the easy fast kills of most of Warframe's content.  I want to use him, but on most things it's just more efficient to use another frame (Wisp is my choice) or melee with him instead of using his intricate skills.

En 23/12/2020 a las 21:04, Wheelhouser dijo:

This event drops, and I run it a couple times on that 30 Voidrig.  Decide I'll farm it, so decide to forma the rig.  By the end of my 2nd day of doing runs, my Voidrig was 40 (5 formas).  I also had all the parts for Lavos building.  Due to the healing nerf, I did buy the mech heal mod (Repair, I think it's called) for the 500 cells before my first run on a freshly forma'd rig.  The only other things I've purchased are Arcanes (6 of and 10 of Grace and Energize so far).  Via drops I have all but 1 of the new mech mods thus far.

On the last run for my Voidrig to hit 40 (started the run at 28) I cleared Endurance, which stops at 36 boss kills.  Was with a pub (all my runs are with pubs).  So max clear is possible in pubs.

On Sunday I looked at what I needed to build Bonewidow, and went and farmed up those parts (it was fish parts and mining ores I needed).  Built those, and Monday rushed the final build of Bonewidow.  Have that frame forma'd 4 times now, and about level 20 on the last forma.  I think I prefer the Voidrig over Bonewidow.  The heal is nice but I find the melee ultimate of Bonewidow unreliable on the boss.

Overall I don't think it's a horrible event.  But I also don't think it's anything amazing.  Mech combat is a bit meh for me.  But the arcane rewards mean I'll keep grinding it.  Lavos is interesting, but I think not suited for the easy fast kills of most of Warframe's content.  I want to use him, but on most things it's just more efficient to use another frame (Wisp is my choice) or melee with him instead of using his intricate skills.

Thx for sharing mate, looks like I'm on a very similar situation. It's good to know that it's doable in pubs cuz the odds are I'll be doing either that or solo. I'm also building BW at the moment, I want to have both with a basic build and later focus on the mech that better fits my play style. I'm liking the Voidrig so far but the fact that BW can self-sustain is very appealing to me. If they nerf the dog and combat discipline I may definitely stick to BW, but this is all speculation I have to play and see.

As for rewards, I think I'll grab those mech mods first to help me do the missions and then just farm points and see what drops while at it. I really like the fact that some rewards drop in the missions so I only have to spend points on the missing parts and the arcanes.

Archived