Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee and Gun Attacks

Doomelf

We should be able to perform heavy attacks while using a gun. For example, if I'm shooting with Kuva Nukor and press the heavy attack button I should be able to perform a heavy attack straight away. The same can be said for guns. If I'm wielding a melee weapon and decide to use my gun's alt-fire I should be able to do that.

There are separate buttons for gun primary and alt-fire as well as light and heavy melee attacks. We should be able to perform any attacks associated with the pressed buttons without the need to manually switch from gun to melee and vice versa.

3 minutes ago, Doomelf said:

We should be able to perform heavy attacks while using a gun. For example, if I'm shooting with Kuva Nukor and press the heavy attack button I should be able to perform a heavy attack straight away. The same can be said for guns. If I'm wielding a melee weapon and decide to use my gun's alt-fire I should be able to do that.

There are separate buttons for gun primary and alt-fire as well as light and heavy melee attacks. We should be able to perform any attacks associated with the pressed buttons without the need to manually switch from gun to melee and vice versa.

The heavy attack button is the same as the alt fire button with default key bindings.  

2 hours ago, Troposphere6 said:

The heavy attack button is the same as the alt fire button with default key bindings.  

Yes, but that can be changed in options. There is a binding for primary and secondary fire as well as light and heavy attacks. The issue lies in using gun alt-fire and melee heavy attacks. There is a holster barrier right now, which prevents you from using melee heavy attacks alongside firing a gun and vice versa.

For example, if you shoot with a gun and press the melee heavy attack key nothing happens until you manually bring out your melee weapon with a light attack first. This should not be a thing at all. You should be able to attack with whatever you need on the fly and not waste time. It is very annoying, unnecessary and ruins gameplay.

On 2020-12-24 at 11:25 PM, Doomelf said:

We should be able to perform heavy attacks while using a gun.

That can only be done with "Hold to heavy" option I think.... Coz controllers. They don't have that many buttons to separate.

I think it should work like this: 

When gun equipped, Hold E (melee) to perform heavy attack ONCE.   As soon as you get melee out, "Hold to heavy" is disabled, and you will do Heavy attacks with Alt fire button instead (this is optional).

That way, you get both "instant heavies" and heavies on alt fire button.   

A bit inconsistent, but quite potent when you get used to it.   

Just to make it super clear:

Gun in hand >>> Hold E to Heavy melee/heavy slam , Tap E to melee/slam (should also work during aimglide)

Melee in Hand >>> Hold E to Heavy attack/ Throw (Optional, can be disabled) Or  Tap Alt Fire to Heavy attack/Throw (Optional, can be disabled)

Archived