Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage (Mini)Rework

DeltaForce245

Since Mirage Deluxe skin is coming soon™, I think is time DE addressed some of her problems. Here is some changes I think would improve her a lot without making her OP. 

These changes are based around her 2 builds: Buff HoM Eclipse build and Sleight of Hand Augment build
1-Hall of Mirrors: Remove the duration and make it a channeled ability. 25 energy cost, 1 energy drain per second (or maybe less) (affected by Duration like all channeled abilities).
The idea behind this is to nerf the ability a tiny bit for her Buff Build (the build is already extremely energy efficient) while making it more useful on her SoH build. It's also a bit of a QoL change since the skill can't be refreshed and it also won't affect Hall of Malevolence since it has an already easy to reach cap.

2-Sleight of Hand: No changes, the ability is really good now with the Augment.

3-Eclipse: Remove it's lightning interactions, damage bonus set to 125% and damage resistance cap to 90%. Tap to pick which effect you want, hold to use it and if you want the other buff you have to refresh it and lose the other. 
I think most people that main her already know but Eclipse almost never ever reach it's maximum damage bonus and resistance since the lighting calculations are super inconsistent (doesn't help the UI always shows the max value). Since the damage bonus and resistance would be constant, I think a nerf to the numbers would be needed.
Prototype idea: instead the buff is picked based on which lighting is casted in (with UI telling you if you are in the light or dark), buff values still constant and not based on lightning.

4-Prism: Remove it's lightning interactions, damage per tick set to 400 radiation damage, reduce cast time to 1 second, remove the drain and up the energy cost to 100. 
I think Prism is a really good ability that most people only use on her SoH build because of it's ridiculous drain with her Buff builds. This way is useful for both builds. It also has the weird lightning mechanics Eclipse has with it's base damage, same reason as above I think it's better to remove it and adjust the damage accordingly. Also the cast time is kinda absurd.  

The idea with this changes is to make her a more consistent frame and make more of her ability relevant with both of her main builds. Obviously Eclipse and Sleight of Hand are still incompatible since one is Duration based and the other is Range based but at least with this changes both build will have 3 useful abilities with the extra one getting replaced with a subsumed ability.

So what do you guys think?
Also, most numerical changes are just stuff I thought would be balanced, if you guys think it should be something else please say so.

This is such a backwards conclusion I don't even know where to start. Mirage's 2 is her only outright bad ability and it's the one you think doesn't need any changes. It's the ability I replaced with Defy on my Mirage, because without the augment it's nearly useless, and with the augment it's mostly a trash clearer that needs a hyper specific build that makes her buffs awful.

The only thing I might agree with is #3, and only on the grounds that they can't find a way to get the mechanic to work well across all tilesets. Which they probably can't so fine, maybe this is a good idea.

But the change to her 1 is absolutely unnecessary and terrible, and you have no idea how ridiculously powerful her 4 can be. I'm talking blending rooms of Grineer on Steel Path Sedna powerful. You just need the vaguest idea of where to stand in a given tile, and it absolutely melts everything it can hit. And it has a very generous base range. I don't know exactly how its scaling works, but it cuts through Steel Path enemies like a hot knife on butter, and that is... Really not something I can complain about.

Mirage's only problem is survivability, and even then, she mostly just needs her base health and shields increased. Because the Helminth system solves half the problem with her survivability scaling already, and she really doesn't need to become as tanky as a frame like Nezha when she's capable of belching about 4 or 5 times the damage.

12 hours ago, DeltaForce245 said:

1-Hall of Mirrors: Remove the duration and make it a channeled ability. 25 energy cost, 1 energy drain per second (or maybe less) (affected by Duration like all channeled abilities).
The idea behind this is to nerf the ability a tiny bit for her Buff Build (the build is already extremely energy efficient) while making it more useful on her SoH build. It's also a bit of a QoL change since the skill can't be refreshed and it also won't affect Hall of Malevolence since it has an already easy to reach cap.

It would be nerf... sadly. I want to press-and-forget about it but channeled abilities prevents you from getting some energy (e.g. Zenurik). So I might use it for... maybe 2x time I have now but after that time I won't have any energy and I need a lot of time to replenish it (not using a lot of Pizzas).

Archived