Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara ability change

Dysfnkshnl

Gara's Splinterstorm is kind of that frame's most used ability, it heals if you get the syndicate mod which is a big plus, anyway I was wondering if the using it on enemies or ally animation could be more streamlined so I know where its going, like say for instance make the animation look more like the codex scanner when searching for a Cephalon target. As it is now all I see is a bunch of shards flying and not really knowing if its cast on the frame or what I was aiming at. If the animation were more streamlined it could help gameplay. Just a suggestion, I've tried changing the colors and everything but still when I try using it on targets I never know if its landing unless they're low level and die right away.

It could / IMO should be made into a Tap vs Hold thing, Tap to cast on enemies / allies, Hold to cast on self (and your Companion plskthx)
... or the other way around, whichever you prefer, what with the new tap <-> hold customization options, yay.

Alternatively, you could give it a treatment similar to the elemental weapon buff Augments (Freeze Force etc).

Remove the enemy targeting [because, as far as I can tell, that's kinda just super meh, you can simply walk into enemies
with a charged up Splinter Storm dealing tons more damage, without needing to spend extra Energy on a single enemy],
have Tap give yourself (and Companion plox) some Splinter-y goodness while Hold buffs everyone in (Affinity?) range,
costing Energy per target hit and refreshing the duration(s) while we're at it (so the clunky Vitrify shatter is not needed to keep your charge).

Yeah Splinter Storm is superfinicky to use...I don't even know where to begin fixing that mess....

I suppose the first thing would be to eliminate the need for Pixel Perfect Precision for Casting it... Why do I need to have MLG level Aiming to cast this thing on Allies ? 😐

Archived