The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tentacle Bow AOE

Scar.brother.help.me

Could we have tentacles to be affected by (Primed) [Firestorm]? 
As a trade off I'd gladly have its AOE damaged not to be affected, since tentacles pull enemies together anyway.
This weapon could become a very handy grouping tool. Right now the base range is just not enough to rely on this pull, Ensnare and Larva are way better and can be modified. 

P.S: "[Amalgam Furax Body Count] still works only on a few launchers and wasn't ever touched while [Firestorm] and [Fulmination] were improved"

6 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

Ensnare and Larva are way better and can be modified. 

I'm inclined to think those abilities should continue to be way, way better, particularly as they don't do any direct damage. 

Still, I agree it'd be nice if the tentacle range were modifiable.  And same with the Ferrox field.  Although it's even more jarring in the P.  Cernos case because the damage AoE is modifiable to be larger than the pull range.   I'm just undecided if  a straight 66% increase to the current potential range at the cost of one mod slot is justified.

How about if they made the tentacle range always 2m more than the damage AoE?   So with maxed Primed Firestorm, pull would be ~13.5 instead of almost 15.

33 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm inclined to think those abilities should continue to be way, way better, particularly as they don't do any direct damage. 

Still, I agree it'd be nice if the tentacle range were modifiable.  And same with the Ferrox field.  Although it's even more jarring in the P.  Cernos case because the damage AoE is modifiable to be larger than the pull range.   I'm just undecided if  a straight 66% increase to the current potential range at the cost of one mod slot is justified.

How about if they made the tentacle range always 2m more than the damage AoE?   So with maxed Primed Firestorm, pull would be ~13.5 instead of almost 15.

Is 15 so much in a horde shooter? and this bow has no crit, it's damage is delayed, this doesn't suit this game's pace anyway as a damage weapon. On the other hand it is good as a grouping and status spreading tool for the cost of a primary weapon slot, where you can just put some meta weapon and just kill everything instead.
I agree that Ferrox and Scourge should also benefit from Firestorm at their throw abilities (and wish Javlok had some better throw ability). I love spear guns as the idea and how they look, just numbers aren't enough.

Archived