Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Isolation Vault/Arcana feedback.

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

When arcana dropped it added a second main room to the tunnels below.  For isolaion vault part of these tunnels I really hated this change.   After you fight the mechs you only had 3 tunnels to search to find Loid,  after arcana you have like 7 at the minimum.   Then once you trigger Loid he doesnt just put around the 1 room he was off of,   He goes between the two main rooms.

I was reading and waiting for all the vault changes before I started doing those alot and they are finally here on consoles.   The arcana half of the tunnels make very good use of the 2 rooms and they actually feel pretty good now.   Even on isolation side I dont mind the 2 rooms.   It helps space out the mechs and loid is pretty damn zippy now.  

------------------------------------

My main feedback is for the arcana objectives.  In general DE makes open world objectives slightly to aggressive.   Instead of being the difference between bonus rewards or normal rewards its more often the difference between mission failure or not.  

-Flower picker objective... hate this with a passion.   1st and foremost the bubble shrinks waaaaay to damn fast.   Both outside and down in the tunnels.   If you pick flowers as bubble expands alot of time you cant even get to the edge before it starts to shrink and when it does it goes way to fast.   The other problem with this objective is the flowers are random.  You have to know where flowers are before the bubble expands because you have no time to look around during.   But flowers deactivate and dont come back between mist activations.     Just slow the bubble down a tad!!

-Defense  this is high mission failure causing objective if solo.   Enemies come from to many angle and not in large enough numbers or aggressive enough.   While solo its to easy to be spinning around looking for enemies to kill and not see anything cuz they are gathered in side tunnels and above.below you.   This is like Liberation in Plains of Eidolon all over again.   The enemies are never dense enough,  never around you, and control drops much to fast to go looking for em.     Please just give these missions some more time.   Make control drop at a slower more unified rate.   

All the other objectives are pretty fun.   I dont enjoy mist fractures knocking me back/down everytime I start one.....   why ??  

---------------------------------

2 quick thoughts I have while doing Iso/Arcana....

#1.  I always find myself wishing that after you pop the vault doors the tunnels would go even "deeper".   You have your first tunnel door that takes bait,  then you got that second tunnel door where you gotta survive the toxin.   Then you should have ONE main room where you fight mechs and activate Loid to pop the vault.  The vault room should back a tunnel out the back that leads to the SECOND main room where arcana just naturally activates or has to be triggered??   It would make the tunnels feel like one linear path that feels very very deep.   Or keep the 2 main rooms+vault but have a 3rd room beyond the vault.   The 3rd rooms could be massive and just provide a rest area free from infested, focused on providing epic scenes.

#2.  A couple of the new arcana "rooms/tiles" have endochrine at the bottom.   One time has steep walls all around and your basicly at the bottom of a ravine/crack in the terrain,  not a very cool place.   Another tile was alot nicer,  you drop down into a circle stone platform and there is an extration thingy there.  the endochrine actually had hotspot glow coming off of it(glitchy up in the air).   I thought about fishing there but didnt.     But this made me wish for big empty rooms with lots of mining spots/endochrine down in the tunnels.   These should be free from enemies.   Maybe giant Nex guard the entrance capable of squishing the hell out of any infested/including tenno lol.(unless your fast)

--------------------------------------

But anyways please consider how aggressive some of these objective timers are.   In a full squad you dont even notice,   but solo and sometimes even with a squad they become mission failures.    

In terms of flower picking or blue goo where you are tasked with finishing within so many rounds 3/5... if you exceed the bonus round limit the mission continues until you get the job done...   Defense/Liberation should be more like that....  if you fail to hold control you should still be allowed to finish the objective instead of suffering a mission stopping failure......  like maybe it just makes a big nasty enemy spawn that you have to defeat.  Losing because you died fighting something is waaaay easier to take than ending the mission because enemies wouldnt show up.

----------------------------------

Otherwise I pretty much love Iso/arcana bounties.    The new reward structure is a little off.....   All tiers of iso/arcanae bounties now carry all tiers of Matrix.....    Tier 1 gives x2 of any matrix.  Tier 3 gives x4 of any matrix....    So you have zero incentive to EVER run tier 1-2 iso/arcana.   Tier 2 has a weapon in it sure.  Arum Spinosa.    I havent exaxmined the lowers tiers enough to know about the mods...

But you wanna know a funny thing with Iso/arcanae rewards????   Mech weapon parts that used to only be tier 3 can now be gotten from tier 1.   If you need mech weapons to use or sell it would be extremely smart to run tier 1 arcana on repeat.  Lowest level enemies to get the best iso/arcana loot..... thats wierd.

I think Matrix should swap places with arcanes.  Arcanes show up 90% of the time lol.   I was building up a huge stock of matrix before new arcana.   Now my stockpile is draining because im not getting matrix like I used to and im running tier 3.   

I'd like to see matrix seperated by tier again.   common granting x2, common x3, rare granting x5.  (i've already started seeing newbs who cant progress because they cant get their hands on the right matrix in the quantity they need.)

Cetus and Fortuna bounties have to many hang ups/difficulties.   Deimos is pretty fun all around.   I hate picking flowers inside and out....  I hate competing with the grineer topside....   but damn near everything else is pretty fun.   I can see myself spending time on Deimos just for the hell of it.  (I already got every floor/fishtrophy, infested k drive, mech/mech weapon, vault rewards lol)    Now about those insane captura scene costs....=/ 

55 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

After you fight the mechs you only had 3 tunnels to search to find Loid,  after arcana you have like 7 at the minimum.

There wasn't much of a reason to open the door before. But now after you have the damaged parts to build both mechs, there's no reason to run Isolation Vaults anymore.

57 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Flower picker objective... hate this with a passion.

It's one of the fastest bounties, and you get 5 chances before you fail the bonus. I always appreciate when it shows up, because it means I didn't get something long AF like the polyp-hog.

59 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Defense  this is high mission failure causing objective if solo.

It's nowhere near as bad as the literally hell hole that Liberation can be in PoE. Once you learn the spawns and where to stand, you can literally standstill and spawn camp to keep it always above 90%.

Noticed some wierd stuff as far as Iso/arcana rewards....

I did a public Iso 3 bounty,  we did it all...   Afterwards I left group, was still in the drift.   Started running T3 Arcana...   after 1-2 full runs I check my loot through mission progress because sometimes I dont see what has poped up...   

I got a x3 of one of the matrix types....   x3 isnt even possible in tier 3.... thats a tier 2 reward....

----------------------------------

Another thing I noticed was that during one T3 arcana run, after I did the 4 objectives perfectly I got a loot roll for the last objective and then it gave another loot reward for like doing perfect objectives???   (So in essence 5 loot rolls)

Next run.. did the 4 objectives perfect,  Got the 4th objective reward... no bonus reward... ?? Atleast it didnt pop up... I may have gotten something but I cant tell from mission progress screen....  

--------------------

Defense I may be a little wrong about.... Yesterday I had no pet for the entire time I was down there.. no radar..   Today I was using a dif frame and actually using the frame instead of mech and with a radar defense was pretty easy lol.   ALTHOUGH there are still some spots where there are tunnels below the area you are trying to protect and enemies just chill out below you and in some cases dont show up on radar because of the verticality.   

--------------------

Did some fishing in one of the tiles I wanted to fish in yesterday.  If you stand in some places enemies come,  if you stand in others they do not   but it was fun to fish down there lol.   Would be really cool if the rarer fish were more common in iso tunnels.  Chron, Vitri, Duroid as common.  

My main beef with the current vault set up are the rotating bounties. I've needed a necramech weapon stock for 3 days now and what few times my play time and the bounty rotation have lined up I haven't been able to get one because it's a very rare part. I don't have any real issues with the actual bounty missions since most of them are fairly short and not overly difficult. I have ran them enough to max out all of the new arcanas, but yet can't get this damn bounty reward.

There's no reason for the various matrixes to be in the drop list. Take all of those out, take out the common and uncommon necramech mods and add them to loid, and then spread the weapon and arcana parts out after that so I don't have to wait around for 5-7 hours because I can't play all the time.

Archived