Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requesting ability to re-arrange dojo rooms

cyntreau

My dojo is about 6 years old now and back then dojos were mostly hallways and small rooms, so the core of my 3d dojo space- about 50+ rooms- is just a crazy jumble of hallways., however they are all required since rooms are attached to them all. I would love a way to.. circumvent the room clipping restrictions. Either the ability to re-arrange built dojo rooms without destroying or resetting them or simply the ability to 'go elsewhere' in the dojo 3d space and start far away from other rooms so it's easier to place big rooms without wasting 5 hallways just to get to a free spot. I feel sad about destroying rooms and all that work but I also feel sad wasting capacity on hallways and such. I hope this makes sense, thanks for considering.

Due to the way DE set up the dojo construction system, you would have to dismantle everything that attaches to that initial jumble of rooms.

They use a parent-child system, which means the child rooms (ie: the rest of the dojo) have to be dismantled before the parent rooms {your jumble of halls and small rooms) can be removed.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt they'll change this any time soon.

1 hour ago, alltracer said:

My dojo is about 6 years old now and back then dojos were mostly hallways and small rooms, so the core of my 3d dojo space- about 50+ rooms- is just a crazy jumble of hallways., however they are all required since rooms are attached to them all. I would love a way to.. circumvent the room clipping restrictions. Either the ability to re-arrange built dojo rooms without destroying or resetting them or simply the ability to 'go elsewhere' in the dojo 3d space and start far away from other rooms so it's easier to place big rooms without wasting 5 hallways just to get to a free spot. I feel sad about destroying rooms and all that work but I also feel sad wasting capacity on hallways and such. I hope this makes sense, thanks for considering.

... I actually have a personal experience with this...

1 hour ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

you would have to dismantle everything that attaches to that initial jumble of rooms.

... And with this.

Basically, @alltracer your whole Dojo is a mess, and you want to rearrange it without dismantling it, but the truth is, you need to dismantle everything anyway. I'm pretty sure that 95% of the rooms you have are useless and are only there to make your sensors bleed... That's what I did with mine (3 times, for that matter) and finally went with a functional Dojo.

I can tell you outright that making it functional and keeping it functional does wonders to your Dojo, your Clan, your Clan members and especially to you. No headaches whatsoever and, if you do it well, you can use the Drydock (for example) as a building expansion node.

One of the things I actually suggest, if you have built all the Clan Halls, is to dismantle them all until you're left with the initial one. You technically don't need any of them to actually BE there after you've built them the first time. This is a lengthy process, especially if you've made the mistake of building the Clan Halls all connected to one another, or the mistake of building stuff between them without the room to adapt to future changes like size reduction.

Good luck with the Dojo restructuring. If you want me to step inside your Dojo to have a more hands-on help, because its difficult to actually help without seeing how extensive your Dojo actually is, you can find me ingame.

2 hours ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Unfortunately, I highly doubt they'll change this any time soon.

All the more reason why they should change the entire system. Stagnant minds produce sloppy content & DE's "forward thinking" mentality has left so many elements of the game in a decrepit state. Legitimate QoL changes are far more beneficial than most people realize, it wouldn't even be the first time they've touched up on older content.

1 hour ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

I understand that, everyone does, that doesn't make it any less acceptable for an almost 8-year-old game to drop the ball on player hub customization when customization itself is one of its most flaunted aspects.

True... I dunno how many times I've overheard one dojo architect or another *@##$ about the dojo system's dated setup. It's one of the main reasons I won't bother with making a clan of my own, as the dojo would never get done.

• 3 months later...

The problem is I've spend THOUSANDS of hours and MILLIONS of resources and I'm not exaggerating. At the very least, I'd like a way to save decoration chunks or entire rooms so that if I am forced to delete and start over I won't have wasted (again) thousands of hours.

You're not really alone in that sentiment. I feel like I have probably already told you in particular before but I'll say it again, you should make sure to share your feedback on stuff like this to the most recent QoL thread, as they read through there. Out here I have no clue who sees what.

Archived