Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lore, Role-Playing, And Event Feedback: Dedicated Forum Section.

TheSphynx

The past 4 days have been pretty brutal to the General Discussion sub-forum. "Support the Grineer" "Team Greed" "Johnny 5, Still Alive" "This event is the worst" "I don't want this weapon". Sure, it was all fun and games for the first couple of days, but now; It has taken over General Discussion. Players are getting in heated debates about lore, which faction to support, and the integrity of the event. Instead of this flooding General Discussion, we need to open up more sub-sections. With that, we are also going to need CMs to be paying a bit more attention to threads for relocation, which hasn't really been an issue.

- For the "Support the *insert faciton here* " threads, there should be a "Role-Playing" sub-forum. Players can do all their role-playing and event rallying here.
- For the "Alad V has a toilet bowl around his head" threads, there should be a "Lore" thread. Players can discuss anything related to lore here.
- For the "This event is the worst" threads, we need a "Event Feedback" public sub-forum in the already existing "Events" forum where people can discuss and provide feedback on the current event.

As of now, all three of these "types of threads" flood General Discussion. Even more so during this event. Yeah, you want you're voice to be heard, so you post in GD, but here is the issue with that. There are 40 other people that have posted the EXACT same thread you did. Instead of you going to find that thread to post in, you just started your own, drowning any threads that could have been extremely helpful to players looking for answers.

For example, there was a thread started by a player named, "MiaOvenWinter" running through and explaining EVERY detail about the event currently going on. It was incredibly informative and helped clear a lot of things up for a lot of players. After about 1 day, it was drowned by threads that should be located elsewhere on the forums OR by useless threads like "Am I a bad person - For liking the Miter". This forum is not twitter or facebook. Nobody wants to hear your single statement "I love using the Lex" or "I dislike players that hate Novas". We want to hear WHY you love using that Lex, what mod loadout do you have on it, and where is it the most effective. We want to here reasons why a Nova spamming 4 is convenient in a party, and what she brings to the group. Not single line threads with no meaning and no direction.

Myself, and many others are tired of reading the same post over and over again. Same post, different poster. Same discussion, different thread. Posters flaming back and forward without a CM stepping in. It's getting extremely difficult to find a thread that actually has a direction and discussion going on. So please, lets sort out these forums. Clean it up.

Edited by TheSphynx

I support your idea, but I think it is daydreaming, sadly. People created dozens of threads about rewards, when performing a search or just reading a bit would have answered them. Hell, there are "can I get both rewards if I do 100/100" threads today!

People use GD as feedback for any and everything. Again, I am in favor of your idea, but people who use their brains AND fingers to post will keep doing so, the ones who barely use fingers will not.

ok. so you made a post to try and get other people, on an Internet forum. about a game

to not post multiple posts about an Event In the game, on that Games Forum...

even if they are in the wrong sub sections............

good luck with that.

Edited by OniDarkClown

I tried to do this already

And if people post in the wrong section, CMs should move it, that's their job (among other things).

Oh, nice. It must have been buried quickly. I never saw it.

ok. so you made a post to try and get other people, on an Internet forum. about a game

to not post multiple posts about an Event In the game, on that Games Forum...

good luck with that.

Your post included very little intelligence. It almost gave me a headache after the first sentence. Regardless, thanks for your opinion.

It would be a good idea for the next event to have it's own section but i dont think, maybe because im a part of this, that this is worst than the other bunch of threads current flooding the general boards.

You know, this event sucks, rewards suck for corpus, i want my gun, i dont want to do 100 missions.

If you want the general board clean of repetitive threads that's cool but focusing on just one type is not going to solve the problem of repeat threads which seems to be your main point hidden behind the lore folks.

It would be a good idea for the next event to have it's own section but i dont think, maybe because im a part of this, that this is worst than the other bunch of threads current flooding the general boards.

You know, this event sucks, rewards suck for corpus, i want my gun, i dont want to do 100 missions.

If you want the general board clean of repetitive threads that's cool but focusing on just one type is not going to solve the problem of repeat threads which seems to be your main point hidden behind the lore folks.

I understand this. I am just implying that we need to have more sub-forums to help thin out general discussion to GENERAL DISCUSSION.

300+ post in 4 days all about events, factions, and lore, I think qualifies them to have their own sub-forum. Take this post for example. IT was on the front page for 10 minutes. Then, GD got flooded with threads like "I don't really regret..." (which is literally just a guy admitting he is whining and nobody can stop him) and "You get what DE..." (discussing the event being rigged). There NEEDS to be more sub-forums. I'm not saying start a new sub-forum for every "trending topic of discussion", but for topics that have been and will be going on for awhile (listed in original post) something needs to be done.

Edited by TheSphynx