Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New, parkour oriented gamemode?

Aadi880

I believe everyone agrees that one thing that is fun in warframe, its the parkour, and is perhaps one of the few areas where players can develop a skill of.

We have most, if not all, gamemodes that is centered around killing enemies and all.

So, why don't we introduce a mode that is centered around the player's skill at parkour?

Lets say we are to raid or loot an orokin tower for rewards/loot. But it's heavily fortified. You can't stand on the floor and have to navigate majority of the map via parkour manuvers like wall jumping / running etc. The entire place is rigged with laser traps built to proc magnetic and a occasional nullifier field that can be destroyed. (Just saying a premise).

Or perhaps certain doors can be opened by wall latch switches like the ones in Lua Spy.

I feel like a parkour focused gameplay is missing

I agree. The parkour system is what makes Warframe unique, and it would be a lot of fun if there was a challenge in the game related to a player's skill with the parkour system.

I suggested something similar a while back. I was quickly accused of suggesting something "horribly backward" (direct quote) since this was "not inclusive to players who don't like the parkour system." (not a direct quote, but close enough)

The path of least resistance is working extremely well for DE, and if they value their profits they will continue on this path: keep making content which can be most efficiently completed by holding W and mashing E. Players who like a challenge left this game a long time ago, all that remains is grinders & completionists. Expecting DE to cater to a community that no longer exists is a fool's errand. I gave up a long time ago. 

39 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:Players who like a challenge left this game a long time ago, all that remains is grinders & completionists. Expecting DE to cater to a community that no longer exists is a fool's errand. I gave up a long time ago. 

Oh man, you just put in writing my actual feelings..

I’ve been playing warframe for the past 3 months straight and don’t get me wrong I genuinely loved it.

Thing is, it’s hardly challenging after a bit, I completed the star chart and quests without even noticing that there was an option of an heavy attack. (Yes im an amateur, and proud to be)

I read people arguing about the builds and importance of combos, and all i think is what the hell am i missing? I’m playing on ps4, maybe it’s a dumbed down version of the game...

Think im gonna take a break after the oprhix venom event, then trying to do the steel path, maybe it’s gonna be more fun.

21 minutes ago, (PSN)BL1-1010 said:

I read people arguing about the builds and importance of combos, and all i think is what the hell am i missing? I’m playing on ps4, maybe it’s a dumbed down version of the game...

nah its the same as PC version atm. (consoles just get delayed updates, that's it) by combo's they just mean, attacking enemies without losing combo counter (the number shown at the corner of screen, above your abilities) higher number means higher dmg in simple terms. if you do heavy attack, the combo counter will reach zero (unless using zenurik focus) but you will deal more damage. just a small summary.

Archived