Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some questions about Equinox's abilities

EiraRozen

Question

I've been playing Equinox, and I've read through the wiki descriptions of her abilities and the augments, but I'm not 100% sure of what all of them do. For those things I do think I understand, I'll state what I think they do as a "check your understanding".

Her first is pretty straight forward, as is the augment. First and foremost, it changes your form. Also, it gives you a buff: defense when changing into Night-form and offense when changing into Day-form. The buff decays linearly over the duration and the offensive buff does not effect melee weapons (why?!). The buffs expire upon recasting and effects from other abilities are canceled. The augment produces a short lives specter which deal triple your damage, but only makes use of the weapon equipped at time of casting and the damage buff doesn't scale off A. Strength. Not dependent on A. Range at all.

Question: Can the specter die (I've solo'd Steel Path and haven't seen it die)? If so, what are it's defensive stats like? Can you heal it? Is there a way to tell it to stay put? Can these stats be boosted? Overshields are mentioned on the wiki, but is that only for ice levels? Are overshields always generate? In general, I don't quite get that bit mostly because I've never seen it produce overshields.

For her second ability, both forms produce a ranged attack that on contact with an enemy has an AoE effect for a duration. Night-form puts enemies to sleep, which leaves them open to finishers and allows for easy XP farming due to stealth kill bonus (unless they were alerted before being hit by the ability). At 50% HP, they will wake up. The Night-form's version does not make use of A. Strength. Day-form increases damage taken by targets as well as their speed. The damage bonus is multiplicative with other damage bonuses. The augment causes death of an enemy effected to spread the debuff.

Question: Does the speed boost also effect enemy attack speed, or just movement speed? Is the augment effected by mods (I assume the range is and percentage not)? Does sleep count for Condition Overload and/or Cedo?

Her third is a channeling ability that doesn't follow the usual rules of channeling. It appears to have none of the usual restrictions placed on channeling abilities (i.e. can't replenish with Energizing Dash or Energy Vampire), but it also doesn't scale energy usage with duration. In Night-form, she produces a 4-tiered area that reduces damage dealt by enemies, with those closest getting proportionately more debuffing. This is a multiplier and so functions as "true damage reduction" (doesn't use the wonky damage resistance formula Adaptation uses). Day-form gives a bonus to A. Strength to all allies in range (including the casting Equinox). Night-form's energy drain is per second and based on the number of enemies in range where as Day-form's only drains your energy when an ability is cast. The augment affects Day- and Night-forms differently. In Night-form, it produces a slow effect based on damage done. In Night-form, it increases the bonus based on enemies killed.

Questions: Does the damage debuff count for Condition Overload and/or Cedo?

Her fourth is another channeling ability, which also doesn't follow all the usual rules. This is her healing ability and her nuking ability. Both forms charge up by dealing damage to enemies. The augment allows for switching with Metamorphosis without losing this charge. In Night-form, each kill restores shields of all allies in range, going into overshields if applicable. Unlike the healing burst upon deactivation, this is not divided. Day form deals slashing damage to all enemies in range precisely once with a 100% proc chance and stun. When deactivated, the built up damage is unleashed. Night-form heals health and shields, starting with health, split evenly between all allies. Day-form deals slashing damage to all enemies in range, diminishing with distance.

Question: When using the augment, is charge gained in one form applied to the new form or is it just stored for use when you swap back? Or will both effects go off when deactivated, each with their own charge pool? Does the Day-form nuke also proc Slashing, or is it just the channeling part that procs Slashing? How long does the Day-form stun last? Can allies charge the damage? What forms of energy restore work while channeling? The wiki says the squad restore item doesn't and it doesn't seem as if Energizing Dash works, but what about the Zenurik Energy orb pick up thing (that gives an extra 50% over 5 secodns)?

Sorry for the long post, but I want to make sure I understand.

1 answer to this question

3 hours ago, EiraRozen said:

Overshields are mentioned on the wiki, but is that only for ice levels? Are overshields always generate? In general, I don't quite get that bit mostly because I've never seen it produce overshields.

She gets an increase to her max Shields as part of the decaying on-switch buff.

"Ice Hazard" effects apparently have an ... interesting interaction with that buff,
leaving part of the added Shield still on Equinox rather than having them properly removed via the decay.

And any Shields you have beyond your current max are Overshields.

For her second ability, both forms produce a ranged attack that on contact with an enemy has an AoE effect for a duration.

Well, more like, it has an AoE around the "point of impact" so you don't need to aim directly at enemies.

Does the speed boost also effect enemy attack speed, or just movement speed?

It works like Nova's Molecular Prime, everything is sped up.

Just because, Wiki:

Affected enemies are enraged. They receive 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% increased damage from all sources,
and 5% / 10% / 15% / 20% movement speed and attack speed bonuses.

:P

Is the augment effected by mods (I assume the range is and percentage not)?

The duration % is based on the ability's duration, so it already scales there, it doesn't double dip.

For Range, you can see the "diffusion range" scales with your Range Mods, both in game and again on the Wiki.

4 hours ago, EiraRozen said:

Does sleep count for Condition Overload and/or Cedo?

Isn't listed on the CO page, so I assume not.

Questions: Does the damage debuff count for Condition Overload and/or Cedo?

Same.

When using the augment, is charge gained in one form applied to the new form or is it just stored for use when you swap back?

Pretty sure the stored amount fully carries over into the other form, else this would be even worse than it already is as a bandaid argh </rant>

Does the Day-form nuke also proc Slashing, or is it just the channeling part that procs Slashing?

Just the initial hit when the ability gets activated.

How long does the Day-form stun last?

Haven't timed it, like 2 seconds or so, I think.

Can allies charge the damage?

Ally kills contribute to the stored amount, yes.

What forms of energy restore work while channeling? The wiki says the squad restore item doesn't and it doesn't seem as if Energizing Dash works, but what about the Zenurik Energy orb pick up thing (that gives an extra 50% over 5 secodns)?

It's an Energy regen thing, so like Energy Siphon and Energizing Dash being disabled, this also is turned off (IIRC).

Archived