Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"An Error Has Occured" when trying to start game/launcher

Ryme

I'm unable to start even the launcher. Whenever I try to start the game, I get the error report prompt about something having gone wrong. I've tried verifying the integrity of game files through Steam and it does not find any issues.  The game was working fine when I last played on Sunday.

I have tried starting the game via the game files and it prompts me to run the launcher. When I try to run the launcher through game files, the same error report wizard comes up.

Try shutting down anything that might be interfering with Warframe's launch, (like Razer Synapse, Discord, various screen-recording programs). You could also try disabling the Steam overlay by right-clicking "Warframe" in the game list, clicking Properties, and it's a checkbox on the first page.  If none of that helps your best bet is to contact Support, and send in your Launcher.log file  (found under Start, Run, "%LocalAppData%\Warframe\" )

• 3 weeks later...

The issue resolved itself and then occurred again last night.

I suspect it is tied to Steam somehow; maybe when Steam updates something? I was playing and then closed the game, whiling leaving the PC on and idle, to go do something else. When I came back and tried to relaunch the game, it started crashing while trying to start the launcher again. I tried disabling and restarting various programs like anti-virus and Steam. That didn't affect it. I was finally able to fix it by rebooting my whole system.

Archived