Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] More unique operator abilities (SPOILER ALERT)

WinDiMoZ

As of now, Operators have been a important aspect in the game, starting from the Second dream up to Operation Orphix Venom. With having very important roles (i.e: Taking down eidolon/Profit-taker shields , Using necramechs, etc.) And having a Massive amount of lore ingame. However what I find lacking in them is the the fact that all operators have the same abilities (difference being the focus schools modifying them). Shouldn't the Tenno have more unique abilities ever since they were bestowed upon with void energy ever since the Zariman incident? Not just the void blast, void mode and dashing. but also more unique abilities that they can use? And shouldn't studying the 5 focus schools let the Tenno develop more abilities that would be akin to their school?

So how about we add more unique abilities? something that you can unlock through the Focus trees. in which you can replace other abilities with it. but without any cost. so we wouldn't have to grind more than ever just to replace that one ability. So It could give our operators more uniqueness to their character and development.

What do you guys think? please leave your comments and suggestions down below. thank you!

51 minutes ago, WinDiMoZ said:

Shouldn't the Tenno have more unique abilities ever since they were bestowed upon with void energy ever since the Zariman incident?

The only reasons the Tenno have any abilities is because they were bestowed with the Void Energy, before the Zariman-Ten-Zero incident they were just normal children.

But yeah i feel Operators are kinda lacking, [DE] should add their own set of 4 abilities based on the School they currently use instead of talents that act as augments to the abilities they all share.

I main Vazarin which is THE most lacking Focus School, i still manage to find some joy in it like watching a Teammate that was about to die have its health bar turn gray and fill again after dashing through them.

I'd go for a mix-and-match kind of setup. Like, you start off with the four core abilities, and then as you progress, you unlock new ones with different functions.

So, for void blast you'd have the regular, which depending on your school can produce a small shield, a fireball or boost your damage, but you can also unlock a smaller void blast that can be used whilst attacking, a powerful push which can get changed into a wider shield, a flamethrower or so on, perhaps an off-hand void beam that can give you effectively a third fire mode (and still let you access void damage as and when operators get access to firearms), and maybe some kind of force choke/grab kind of like this one power from Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.

Spoiler

Not usually this easy. Always hilarious.

Basically, as your Tenno gets stronger, you gain new base abilities, and from there, you can further customise them with your chosen school.

Archived