Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ESO Ability Restrictions - Just remove them honestly.

Yeehaw_Prime

So I made a post about this a while ago but it seemed that either nobody read it or nobody cared enough to reply so I'm posting it again, because I'm really serious about this.

I understand that the intent is to make ESO seem less "braindead" or "easy" but it's just dumb and arbitrary, and essentially all it accomplishes is rendering most warframes completely useless.

The delay between abilities (as in, how often it wants you to use them) is based arbitrarily on ability tier, which more often than not does not actually correlate with how essential the ability is or how frequently it's used. An example of this would be Garuda - at least with a Quick Thinking build (which is what you should be using btw) her 2nd ability will only be used every so often, whereas her third will be used constantly, most of the time multiple times in a row to spam her health down. Exalted weapons are almost always on 4 and there is essentially no restriction on those simply because ESO is only counting ability activations. If I were an Excalibur then I could just pop exalted blade and spam E at everything, essentially defeating the perceived intent of this rule. Mesa, on the other hand, is extremely limited in mobility by her 4th, meaning you're going to have more frequent activations as you deactivate it then reactivate elsewhere, meaning Simaris is going to take your toys away from you. The reason why Saryn is so effective is because most of her damage comes from her first ability, which has no restrictions placed on it whatsoever.

tl;dr Remove the ESO ability delays imposed by using abilities too frequently because they make no sense and suck the fun out of the game mode.

20 minutes ago, Yeehaw_Prime said:

tl;dr Remove the ESO ability delays imposed by using abilities too frequently because they make no sense and suck the fun out of the game mode.

... Yeah, DE... Remove that imposed delay and revert it back to No ability and Weapon Exclusive like it was intended in the first place.

1 hour ago, KitMeHarder said:

When was it ever proposed that way? I joined this game a few weeks before ESO launched, but I remember this Devstream, and Rebb is definitely using abilities.

Idk, maybe they planned it to be that way very early on? I don't know what this guy is talking about either.

Archived