Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Viral and Slash melee builds

Red-.-

Question

Hi All!

I have been playing this game for couple years now - before cetus and all these things - I have a lot hours in the game and so far I can not understand just 1 thing so I figured it's better to ask a great community. 

On a lot of builds people are using slash + viral builds one melee and I have tried that a lot of times in so many ways and even when slash is greater than viral it's nothing special in my opinion. I prefer to go with slash + corrosive and enemies are dying a lot faster when either is greater then other (also I can use corrosive against all enemies). So when I want elemental I just go for a lot of corrosive and if I want to go for slash I put weeping wounds, crit and damage (without elemental) because enemies are dying just as fast as if I used viral with slash (additional speed or range or crit damage helps me better than a little of viral). I know that "corrosive is better for armor and viral for health" but corrosive is destroying health fast enough and you got + armor damage.

That is only my opinion I am not stating anything.

Can someone who knows better about this explain me what is happening and how it works if I'm wrong?

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, G1g4byt3 said:

Yea but if that's the case with higher levels I can use this other build with a lot of slash/status/damage/crit? When we have viral on other weapons (kuva nukor or something like that) why would we need viral on melee?

Because it does waaaaay more damage on melee than your guns. If you're fighting enemy levels of a few thousand the extra damage is very welcome. And it's easier and quicker to do which matters in say high level endurance where KPS is king.

3 minutes ago, G1g4byt3 said:

Yea but if that's the case with higher levels I can use this other build with a lot of slash/status/damage/crit? When we have viral on other weapons (kuva nukor or something like that) why would we need viral on melee?

Because using a gun to prime enemies is a chore

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

The simplest answer is what level enemies are you facing? Any elemental is fine vs low levels of say 200 - 300 or so. But when enemies start to have too much armour for Corrosive to do anything, Viral takes over. It is mainly useful vs Grineer and Corrupted armoured units. Vs corpus toxin is actually better as it bypasses shields and infested don't have armour so anything works vs them, particularly heat and slash.

The simplest answer is what level enemies are you facing? Any elemental is fine vs low levels of say 200 - 300 or so. But when enemies start to have too much armour for Corrosive to do anything, Viral takes over. It is mainly useful vs Grineer and Corrupted armoured units. Vs corpus toxin is actually better as it bypasses shields and infested don't have armour so anything works vs them, particularly heat and slash.

Archived