Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just some Kuva Lich related ideas I had... please read and comment (even mean ones).

Narcissa

One of the biggest problems I have with the Kuva Lich system (aside from the requiem grind... ugh.. requiem boosters when?) is how while it feels rewarding in the sense you get a good gun, the spare them side feels a bit lackluster (yes I know they are integrating them into railjack, don't @ me) and I feel like the "kuva" part of them is just flavor text add on, so these are some ideas I had ... and I am nuts so some of them might be too ... that I wanted to spit ball out there and see what anyone thinks of them..

• Kuva Lich Beacon - Why is this not a thing? I spared that jackholes life and he/she thinks she can show up whenever she wants? Yeah, no. We should be able to create a beacon that calls them down to fight for us when we want them to. It can be and indeed should be for a limited time since Lich are strong ... say two minutes, and to make it make sense make it cost kuva to build. Maybe like 250 or whatever.

• Have Liches replace resource drones - Another missed opportunity to overhaul an old mostly ignored system. Make it so you can send a Lich to a system to harvest resources for a while... 12 hours or whatever, and then when it comes back either you paid a flat kuva price to deploy it, OR make it so it comes back with a big haul and you pick and choose what you want and pay a kuva cost per unit. From a flavor text lore standpoint you are sending your Lich on missions for you.

Basically the idea above being that since the Lich betrayed the Queens in order for you to spare it, it needs to get life sustaining kuva from somewhere and so if it wants more from you then it needs to do work.

The other idea I had and this is a very silly one BUT I WANT IT ... is the idea of a Kuva Jester Sentinel/Pet as a "kuva weapon" ... basically your Kuva Lich has a jester that fights with it, but if you kill the lich his/her jester decides to call you mommy/daddy instead and fight for you. Would be so cool. You could mod it just like other living pets and it would sometimes ride on your warframes shoulders. This needs to be a thing!

17 hours ago, Narcissa said:

Kuva Lich Beacon - Why is this not a thing? I spared that jackholes life and he/she thinks she can show up whenever she wants? Yeah, no. We should be able to create a beacon that calls them down to fight for us when we want them to. It can be and indeed should be for a limited time since Lich are strong ... say two minutes, and to make it make sense make it cost kuva to build. Maybe like 250 or whatever.

They show up when you die and use a Down, I believe practically every time. I don't disagree with you - just wanted to note it's not random.

Me personally, I'd like to be able to customise my Lich. Maybe use it as a once-per-mission Spectre, like you described.

I had totally forgotten about the resources harvesting system. It makes perfect sense that the Lich would replace harvesters because Liches are already taking resources from the sector. Once you spare them they direct the resources to you instead.

On 2021-02-28 at 6:55 AM, Narcissa said:

The other idea I had and this is a very silly one BUT I WANT IT ... is the idea of a Kuva Jester Sentinel/Pet as a "kuva weapon" ... basically your Kuva Lich has a jester that fights with it, but if you kill the lich his/her jester decides to call you mommy/daddy instead and fight for you. Would be so cool. You could mod it just like other living pets and it would sometimes ride on your warframes shoulders. This needs to be a thing!

This would make a cool sentinel, I agree. Kuva Jester sentinel with Mirage Prime for maximum scifi circus aesthetic.

Archived