Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shields mods and Toxin

Vortex

22 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

It is.

But it's also the direction DE have gone since the original update to the damage system that put 'armour ignore' functions onto Status instead of the direct damage types, left the players to counter direct health damage, only gave Health a functional damage reduction method through Armour (which still got ignored by Bleed)...

Every change DE has made has basically chosen to go the route of 'mod health, and only use shields for their mechanics' since 2013.

I'm still trying to find a good position for shields, but is pretty impossible while toxin exists, if i stay stationary with ancient specter is possible, but with that i could just bring armor + life anyway.

Tried Rolling Guard, good option, but some times an enemy ancient just spawn and KABOOM you die, that instant hook HK is bs.

I'm just trying to make shield usefull for fun, i like this mechanic, but with that drawback is impossible to bring to a serious mission.

Any idea is welcome lol

8 minutes ago, Vortex said:

I'm still trying to find a good position for shields, but is pretty impossible while toxin exists

Well, it's not actually Toxin that's specifically the reason, when you think about it.

It's any situation where the Shield Gating tactic actually doesn't work, and there's plenty of those regardless of Toxin. A good example is that Zephyr, with Turbulence and the Augur mods, can use Shield Gating very well to deal with the majority of the game. However there are enemies in the game that can effectively ignore the effects of Turbulence. Flame Thrower enemies, for example, will not only break the shields, they leave a lingering field that will still be there when the Shield Gate invincibility timer ends and kill her easily there as well. Another is the new Juno Elite Crewman on the updated Corpus Ship tiles, these use a full-auto weapon that has an AoE blast on impact, meaning that instead of the trick that you can do with Bombards (where the timing between rockets can allow you time to regen shields or kill the Bombard) these will impact nearby due to the deflection, ping your shields down then have four or five more shots in the air to do the same with your health.

But that's the thing.

Sensibly speaking, when the one scenario that shields are not useful is basically only related to high-level on a single faction? Then the logical response is not to try and make shields useful there, because the mechanics are against you.

Archived